How I Envy MongoJerry
I was re-reading the other day how MJ was griping because one his characters got the same rune from the Hell Hellforge quest as the NM one - Gul.

I just had the same thing happen on my Wind Druid...with Fal. Fal, the rune whose chief distinction is that it's the highest level rune that is ABSOLUTELY BLOODY USELESS without even higher level runes. How. Good. Sad
I have to admit, I was kinda hoping this was about his barbarian 'merc' he runs with. Cest la vie. Smile
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Note: I have never, ever gotten a rune above Ist. I saw someone jump on Jah rune and die to get it (ah, the silliness of public softcore games) but Ist is the highest I've ever had in any of my inventories. Not the Forge, nor Nihlathak, nor anyone else will ever let me have anything higher. It's frustrating that ten years after release and I still have used less than half the runewords (outside of mods - which had runewords of their own.)
Fal is used in Lionheart and therefore anything but "ABSOLUTELY BLOODY USELESS without even higher level runes".
And the days are not full enough
And the nights are not full enough
And life slips by like a field mouse
____________.Not shaking the grass.
-- Ezra Pound, "And the days are not full enough"
If I have Lum, I can make Smoke. Smoke > Lionheart. Lionheart is crappity crap crap. And if I had Lem instead of Fal, just one rune higher, I could get Treachery, which is good even on mercs.
Lionheart is fine on a rogue merc when you run a skelemancer.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete