Cheapest laptop to run D3 @ recommended specs?
http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Battalion...ing_Laptop

This was the best I could do @ US $1,029. Was rather hoping for more like $700-800, although that will probably be the case in a year or so.

Stupid unnecessarily complex graphics I don't care about forcing an upgrade. Sad
You might want to take a look at:

Laptop Graphics Face Off: Diablo III Performance
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
My current system chokes if I use over 7 or so minions in Diablo II. Or use Hurricane for about 20 minutes continuously. I already know I need some kind of upgrade to run III. Heh. If I choke on a 12 year old game, I'm not going to do good with a modern one. Neverwinter Nights is the newest thing this runs decently - and it can choke up there pretty badly at times too. Sad
How big a screen are you wanting? You can probably find one of the Asus G5x series laptops (15.6" screen) for around $700 to $800.

Edit: If you watch newegg and setup a notify, you might be able to grab: refurbished Asus G73. More often than not, a refurb'd laptop is just as good as a new (note the one I linked to is 4 out of 5 on a refurb).
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Hmm, yeah. That looks neat. I'll keep an eye out, thanks. I'll probably still wait awhile - I want to make sure I have no major expenses upcoming, and I remember that D2 took like six months for server stability to be established and at leastas long solving major balance issues, so I don't figure I'll be missing much by waiting anyhow.
Torenia's Dell XPS L401X kicks the holy crap outta D3's FPS, as long as you leave AA at home. Not sure what one goes for now, but it wasn't expensive when we picked it up (~920)
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
I really can't recommend a laptop for gaming :/ Too much heat buildup in too little package. My Radeon 6870 with large heat sink array in a mid-tower gets toasty running Skyrim with max graphics and graphics mods, can't imagine a laptop.

As an aside... kind of sad, that I'm losing interest in Skryim. Had so much promise, but so much of a let down :/
Don't really have an option. I move every couple of years and even when I'm not moving, I travel fairly often. If I had a desktop I'd get to use it like once a month.
(05-27-2012, 10:50 PM)Frag Wrote: Torenia's Dell XPS L401X kicks the holy crap outta D3's FPS, as long as you leave AA at home.

What is AA?
Anti-aliasing, I'm guessing, by the context.
(06-01-2012, 12:47 PM)Tal Wrote: What is AA?

Alcoholics Anonymous. If you get drunk enough the screen's so blurry you can't tell how bad the graphics are Big Grin
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
(06-01-2012, 12:47 PM)Tal Wrote:
(05-27-2012, 10:50 PM)Frag Wrote: Torenia's Dell XPS L401X kicks the holy crap outta D3's FPS, as long as you leave AA at home.

What is AA?
Antialiasing
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.