Shiny Prizes
(05-25-2012, 03:13 AM)DeeBye Wrote: I found this.

OARPIC

I have one of these too. Nice little bit of flavor. I wonder if that's all it is.
-< You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever >-
Has anyone found set items yet?

I'm about 150 hours with my two accounts combined, and no luck yet with any uniques or amazing rares. Although I've stopped farming with my Inferno Barb and have moved onto a new WD.
I get the idea that the sets aren't in yet, and are waiting for them to finish finding and adjusting/nerfing the OP skills.
--Mav
(05-29-2012, 10:16 PM)Mavfin Wrote: I get the idea that the sets aren't in yet, and are waiting for them to finish finding and adjusting/nerfing the OP skills.

I've certainly seen a bunch of set items on the AH, or are those just the crafting ones?
(05-29-2012, 10:06 PM)MonTy Wrote: Has anyone found set items yet?

Yes, my Barbarian found set pants this past weekend. They had +dex and +int on them, but were still a gargantuan upgrade.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Ok... I've been farming Act 1 Inferno for the last day or so trying to gather up gear and mats to craft stuff for the transition into Act 2. I'm really wishing I had rolled a Dex class about now:

Rare Shoulders: 543 Armor, 78 Dex, 68 Vit, 64 Resist All
Rare Boots: 446 Armor, 69 Dex, 78 Dex, 16 Resist All
Rare Chest: 360 Armor, 31 Str, 77 Dex, 122 Vit, 33 Physical Resist, 70 Resist All
Rare Shield: 829 Armor, 145 Dex, 73 Vit, 20 Poison Resist, Attacker Takes 153 Damage, +5% Crit Chance

Hellrack - Legendary Crossbow: 823.1 Damage, 1.23 APS, +10 Min Damage, 158-300 Fire Damage, +33% Damage, IAS 12%, 18.4% Chance to inflict Bleed 588-1082/5 Sec, AND... Increase Corpse Spiders Damage 5%!
My second legendary just dropped; both for the same character, ironically:
Triumvirate (Source)
+10-15 Damage
Adds 2% to Holy Damage
+20 Intelligence
+31 Vitality
+7 Arcane Power
Critical Hits Grant 5 Arcane Power
Monster Kills Grant +11 Experience
1.4% Chance to Freeze on Hit

It is a higher level item than my Wizard, so I will probably pass it to her. That said, I have a sneaking suspicion she will have something better by the time she does get that far.
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
(05-30-2012, 04:10 AM)Bolty Wrote:
(05-29-2012, 10:06 PM)MonTy Wrote: Has anyone found set items yet?

Yes, my Barbarian found set pants this past weekend. They had +dex and +int on them, but were still a gargantuan upgrade.

That's just 'cuz you won't play the AH like God...errr...Blizz intended. Get with the program man!
Found this 1h sword called spectrum:

http://diablo3.gamona.de/database/spectrum-swords.html

Found it in my first trip to Whimsyshire. Not really usable, but cool graphic!
-< You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever >-
Only legendary I've found was this:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/item/death-watch-mantle

Doesn't improve what I have, so Ill probably just sell it.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
May I recommend when you guys post your 1337 drops to also include the random properties and if any of the assigned modifiers were perfect. The most fun I have checking out someone else's loot is how close it came to a perfect drop and what random property they were cursed or blessed with.
Sweet. Was playing a Witch Doctor on my solo non-ah account and this legendary voodoo mask dropped: http://i.imgur.com/5v0Zr.jpg

My random magic property is a socket, which I'm hugely thankful for since the item was lacking vitality. The other stats were rolled on the extreme low side, but I'm not complaining too much. Just glad my first legendary is something I can actually use with a character that found it.
5 legendary/set items over the past two days.

Most notable being

Natalya's Mark
Ring
+9 Minimum Damage
+79 Dex
+27 Int
+57 Vit
Attack Speed Increased by 15%
Regenerates 148 Life per Second.

Also found:

Inna's Glory (set pants) with 2 sockets.
Shenlong's Endless Wave
Vile Ward

... and the greatest find of all: The Horadric Hamburger
MaxPower#1485 60 SC Barb/32 HC Witch Doctor/22 HC Wizard/17 HC Demon Hunter
This is the second Legendary I've found. Really underwhelming.
[Image: vvVx5.jpg]

I also got this. First Plans I've found.
[Image: JHTCu.jpg]
(06-03-2012, 02:47 AM)DeeBye Wrote: This is the second Legendary I've found. Really underwhelming.

Oh I don't know.
1600 HP (if you are 40K base) and 85 life on hit with 7% crit chance is something I'd look at giving up some other stuff for on a monk, especially since I could run all resists = best resist passive if need be and possibly get more use out of that fire resistance too. I'm noticing some very powerful healing on the monk based off of life on hit that is making dual wield viable much deeper into the game than I was expecting.

You actually rolled most of those stats on the higher side too.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Speaking of plans I have 2 extra copies of the Chest plan and an extra copy of the Helm plan if anyone is interested. (edit: Just got an extra copy of the Shoulder plans as well)

I would also be interested in setting up a crafting pool if there are softcore people out there that are open to trading. I've been crafting a lot looking for upgrades and have just been selling off the quality stuff I can't use. If any Lurkers out there are also crafting up the max level Blacksmith stuff maybe we can set up some trades. As of now anything that doesn't sell for me is just getting salvaged back into more crafts.
Honestly, I am pretty disappointed with the lack of Unique/Set drops. I have a L53 Barb on Hell, and a L31 Monk on Nightmare, and still haven't uncovered one single Unique or Set Item. I even play where I explore everything and kill every monster on the map. Part of the allure of D2 for me was trying to find Set Items, cool Uniques, etc.

I am not going to go to the AH to buy them, as I want to find them naturally within the game, hence the draw of continued playing with other charcters, various levels, etc. In any case, one of the major draws for me has now become a major point of irritation.
(06-05-2012, 12:15 AM)LakerFan24 Wrote: Honestly, I am pretty disappointed with the lack of Unique/Set drops. I have a L53 Barb on Hell, and a L31 Monk on Nightmare, and still haven't uncovered one single Unique or Set Item. I even play where I explore everything and kill every monster on the map. Part of the allure of D2 for me was trying to find Set Items, cool Uniques, etc.
I agree, I've done full clears of areas, and some areas repeatedly, and only seen one legendary. None of us in hardcore have found a set item even. They're much rarer than D3.
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
(06-05-2012, 01:10 AM)Frag Wrote:
(06-05-2012, 12:15 AM)LakerFan24 Wrote: Honestly, I am pretty disappointed with the lack of Unique/Set drops. I have a L53 Barb on Hell, and a L31 Monk on Nightmare, and still haven't uncovered one single Unique or Set Item. I even play where I explore everything and kill every monster on the map. Part of the allure of D2 for me was trying to find Set Items, cool Uniques, etc.
I agree, I've done full clears of areas, and some areas repeatedly, and only seen one legendary. None of us in hardcore have found a set item even. They're much rarer than D3.

It's a painful transition after playing so much Median XL. The game was really the opposite spectrum, where tons of Uniques/Set items dropped and they varied greatly in terms of stats/modifiers.

I'm enjoying Diablo 3 for the combat and class mechanics, but I certainly foresee myself going back to Median XL Ultimative after I've finished as much as Inferno as I can with each class.
I have actually now found two legendaries - one out of act 4 normal (for a level 15 character boo), and one out of act 1 nightmare. No sets and I think they just don't exist. :p
Intolerant monkey.