D3 "Spoilers"/Nods to the Past
Figured the title was fair warning enough. Most of us have played the first two and are working our way through the third. There's some neat stuff for us old timers in there.

I was tooling around a lowbie cavern, and found the item "Wirt's Original Leg". Equipped, it was indeed a skeletal leg. I had a good laugh at that.

The new kid-vendor, Squirt, is amusing as well.

Good to see Iron Wolf Jarulf still kicking around, too.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
(05-19-2012, 05:23 AM)Mirajj Wrote: I was tooling around a lowbie cavern, and found the item "Wirt's Original Leg". Equipped, it was indeed a skeletal leg. I had a good laugh at that.

Having not much to do with Wirt, in the local news today a fisherman pulled up an old boot that had a skeletal foot and leg attatched.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
I found the Lich Kings helm buried in some ice in one of the ice caves.
Sometimes the Anvil of Fury spawns in Tristram, which has `Griswald's Worn Edge'. Not to mention the Black Mushroom in the Cathedral (or Adria's Hut, I am told). Good nods to Diablo quests many had probably long forgotten. You can also sometimes enter the tavern's basement, which I am sure was a part of quest in Diablo (or was it Hellfire?).
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
(05-19-2012, 08:13 AM)Elric of Grans Wrote: Not to mention the Black Mushroom in the Cathedral (or Adria's Hut, I am told).

Of course, there IS a use for the Black Mushroom... (I'm not kidding)

The basement would have to have been Hellfire, because we didn't go there in Diablo that I can remember.
--Mav
(05-19-2012, 12:58 PM)Mavfin Wrote: Of course, there IS a use for the Black Mushroom... (I'm not kidding)

I know: I started that thread Tongue
(05-19-2012, 08:27 PM)Elric of Grans Wrote:
(05-19-2012, 12:58 PM)Mavfin Wrote: Of course, there IS a use for the Black Mushroom... (I'm not kidding)

I know: I started that thread Tongue

Oh, ok. Well, I'm still trying to be vague so I don't pop some spoiler for someone. Big Grin
--Mav
One of Lachdanan's lore scrolls refers to Gorash (minus the "Sir", granted), who of course was the set Blood Knight boss on dlvl 16 in Diablo.
And the days are not full enough
And the nights are not full enough
And life slips by like a field mouse
____________.Not shaking the grass.
-- Ezra Pound, "And the days are not full enough"
Oh, I did not realise that until you posted it! Good catch.
There's a "Ghost of Ghardbad" random event, Wink.
I knocked over a bookshelf in the Cathedral and a bunch of scrolls tied with blue and red ribbon fell out.
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
There's a Rakinishu random event as well.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
I got a dagger off of the Rakanishu event! It's not a very good one...
I just found out that Diablo Loot Pinatas can spawn in the secret level that pretty much everyone knows about by now but we're still not explicitly mentioning due to spoilers.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
(05-22-2012, 09:05 AM)Sixen Wrote: There's a "Ghost of Ghardbad" random event, ;).

Loved seeing that. Was one of my favorite quests from D1 :)
(06-09-2012, 05:10 PM)MonTy Wrote:
(05-22-2012, 09:05 AM)Sixen Wrote: There's a "Ghost of Ghardbad" random event, Wink.

Loved seeing that. Was one of my favorite quests from D1 Smile

Sadly it sucked. I finally got to see it, and I swear the people that did it had never played D1. I'm not going to go into specifics for those that haven't done it yet, but I was very disappointed with it. The Rakinishu one was OK.

I still wish they had done something for Snotspill.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Pleeeeeeeeease. No hurt, no kill! Keep alive, and next time good bring to you!