Secret Cow Level?
I just saw this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu0GwZTXc7E

Potentially some Moo-Moo action coming soon!
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
Looks like the race is on to determine who will figure out how to get there first.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
(05-15-2012, 05:09 PM)Bolty Wrote: Looks like the race is on to determine who will figure out how to get there first.

Well I already found "Leoric's Shinbone" in my first session today. I had found the "Black Mushroom" on my first run during beta just outside of what remained of Adrea's (sp?) hut. But I also heard of players having found the black mushroom down somewhere in the crypts too. I would guess that several of these items will have more than one spawn setting and just be a chance of being there in any game. During beta, I only found the black mushroom like 2 times; that would give me about a 1 in 10 games as very rough estimate of its chances of being there with a huge margin of error on my estimate.
I found the Black Mushroom in the crypt, so that confirms multiple spawn locations.
(05-15-2012, 06:30 PM)Ruvanal Wrote: Well I already found "Leoric's Shinbone" in my first session today.

Where did you find it?
(05-15-2012, 09:29 PM)MongoJerry Wrote: Where did you find it?

Connected to Leoric's ankle bone Big Grin
(05-15-2012, 09:29 PM)MongoJerry Wrote:
(05-15-2012, 06:30 PM)Ruvanal Wrote: Well I already found "Leoric's Shinbone" in my first session today.

Where did you find it?

In a fireplace at his manor.
You mean this: WARNING: MASSIVE SPOILER VIDEO SHOWING THE COW LEVEL

Bolty's edit: added spoiler warning since it wasn't clear what the video was going to be.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Squirt the Merchant in Act 2 carries an item for 100,000g ...
I have read that the other items are always found in the same places, but those places are dungeons that may or may not spawn in any given game. The plans are apparently in Izuel's drop-pool.
(05-21-2012, 09:16 PM)Elric of Grans Wrote: I have read that the other items are always found in the same places, but those places are dungeons that may or may not spawn in any given game. The plans are apparently in Izuel's drop-pool.

Apparently. I think the only certainty in the entire list is Wirt's Bell (Always available in Squirt's stock, but then again I hardly go out of my way to check her stock every time I'm passing).

Funnily enough, the only time I've seen the Black Mushroom was when I was running through Cathedral 1/NM with Crusader and specifically mentioned the item. It literally spawned about two rooms later.
Ah-ha, you have discovered the trick. Try entering Leoric's manner and talk about the Shinbone: if it appears, you may be onto something. Trust Blizzard to slip an element like that into the code...
(05-21-2012, 09:16 PM)Elric of Grans Wrote: I have read that the other items are always found in the same places, but those places are dungeons that may or may not spawn in any given game. The plans are apparently in Izuel's drop-pool.

I can confirm that Izuel will drop the plans. It's a 50k to craft item named "Staff of Herding".

-WimpySmurf
Gracile 85 DK wowarmory
Faible 83 Pally wowarmory
Wimpy 82 War wowarmory
Zwakke 80 Sha wowarmory
(05-22-2012, 01:02 AM)WimpySmurf Wrote: I can confirm that Izuel will drop the plans. It's a 50k to craft item named "Staff of Herding".

-WimpySmurf

Is it farmable on normal?
(05-22-2012, 05:22 AM)MongoJerry Wrote:
(05-22-2012, 01:02 AM)WimpySmurf Wrote: I can confirm that Izuel will drop the plans. It's a 50k to craft item named "Staff of Herding".

-WimpySmurf

Yes. You need the normal plans from normal Izzy. The NM ones from NM Izzy, etc.
(05-22-2012, 05:22 AM)MongoJerry Wrote:

-WimpySmurf

I got them on first Normal Izual kill.
--Mav
If anyone wants to see normal, I have the staff made (cost 150k all told and a good bit of luck and farming to get all the necessary parts).
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
(05-22-2012, 09:04 AM)Sixen Wrote: Yes. You need the normal plans from normal Izzy. The NM ones from NM Izzy, etc.

No, you don't. There are no variations of plans. There is only one set of plans, and once you teach them to your Blacksmith they become useless space in your inventory. I know this, because my first Izual kill got me the plans on Normal. I trained the Blacksmith. My first Izual kill in Nightmare got me the plans. I could not teach them to the Blacksmith, because he already knew them. So, I threw them away because they are account-bound and cannot be sold or traded.

Easiest to farm Izual in Normal for the plans. They should drop fairly regularly (though obviously not every time). OTOH, I have yet to find a SINGLE reagent for the staff, and the 50k price tag for crafting it is a waste of money for me at this point. I got in with a group. It was fun. I don't see myself returning on my own anytime soon, though. It's a lark, but nothing spectacular.
Roland *The Gunslinger*
OK, so let's bottom line this:

Recipe: Act 4, Izual
Black Mushroom: Act 1 in various possible locations: Crypts, Adria's hut, Cathedral
Leoric's Shinbone: Act 1, Leoric's manor in his fireplace
Wirt's Bell: Act 2, Merchant Squit the Peddler -- Cost is 100k gold.
Liquid Rainbow: ?
Gibbering Gemstone: ?
(05-23-2012, 06:13 PM)MongoJerry Wrote: OK, so let's bottom line this:

Recipe: Act 4, Izual
Black Mushroom: Act 1 in various possible locations: Crypts, Adria's hut, Cathedral
Leoric's Shinbone: Act 1, Leoric's manor in his fireplace
Wirt's Bell: Act 2, Merchant Squit the Peddler -- Cost is 100k gold.
Liquid Rainbow: ?
Gibbering Gemstone: ?

Liquid Rainbow -- Act 2, Quest Betrayer of the Horadrim, Mysterious Chest (rare spawn) in Mysterious Cave, in the Oasis, look for Zaven the Alchemist, rare spawn, to open said cave. Look in the water alcove east and south of the waypoint to find him. May take several tries to even get the cave, let alone the chest.

Gemstone - Act 3, Quest Machines of War --> Destroy Ballistae, Caverns of Frost, dropped by rare spawn Chitala (I think that's the name) If you see Ice Caves, leave game, get another, because it's one or the other cave that spawns.
--Mav