Lurker Lounge Mumble!
The Lurker Lounge now has a Mumble server hosted on this site! Mumble is a high-quality voice chat system similar to Ventrilo or Skype. If you don't have a Mumble client, it's a free download at SourceForge's Mumble site.

Connect to lurkerlounge.com on the standard port of 64738. The password is one commonly used at the Lounge on the old TeamSpeak server and known to many of the Lounge's World of Warcraft players. I'm not going to post it here for obvious reasons. Once you've gotten the password and logged in, you can register on the server to reserve your username and join one of the chat channels set up for WoW and Diablo III.

I'll be there on launch day! Come join in to chat about Diablo, or run raids with your Lurker friends. Spread the password by word of mouth. If you have any suggestions for chat channels or have any questions on what you can use the server for, let me know.

Enjoy!
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Excellent! Mass Exodus uses Mumble for their standard voice needs, and I'm pretty happy with its voice quality. Hear you all tomorrow!
I don't want to be a pessimist here, but...

Quote:Compatibility
* Running programs that put an overlay over Diablo III (such as Mumble, Xfire, and MSI Afterburner) can cause Diablo III to crash. Use these overlays at your own risk.

Here's hoping someone gets a fix for this out soon.
(05-14-2012, 10:38 AM)NiteFox Wrote: I don't want to be a pessimist here, but...

Quote:Compatibility
* Running programs that put an overlay over Diablo III (such as Mumble, Xfire, and MSI Afterburner) can cause Diablo III to crash. Use these overlays at your own risk.

Here's hoping someone gets a fix for this out soon.

You can turn overlays off and I find that most people do prefer to. To do so start mumble, go into the configure menu, and select settings. In the window that pops up click on the overlay option and then uncheck Enable Overlay.
Great, looking forward to finally speaking to some of you Smile. Hopefully some European Lurkers will be available for the occasional co-op run!

I'd appreciate the password via PM, if I pass all the necessary tests and trials and background checks and interviews and the physical...

Wink

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
(05-14-2012, 11:01 AM)NuurAbSaal Wrote: I'd appreciate the password via PM, if I pass all the necessary tests and trials and background checks and interviews and the physical...

Password sent.
(05-14-2012, 11:02 AM)swirly Wrote:
(05-14-2012, 11:01 AM)NuurAbSaal Wrote: I'd appreciate the password via PM, if I pass all the necessary tests and trials and background checks and interviews and the physical...

Password sent.

HeartHeartHeart

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
(05-14-2012, 11:02 AM)swirly Wrote:

Password sent.

My problem has never been the physical, it's always the drug test...

CURSE MY LOVE OF POPPYSEED BAGELS!
but often it happens you know / that the things you don't trust are the ones you need most....
Opening lines of "Psalm" by Hey Rosetta!
I'll be on tomorrow evening Eastern US time. At this point I still haven't decided what character class to play first.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Thought I should post to say that I've been making good use of the server. Myself, Frag, Mongo, and GG have been grouping and on it. We'll even sit in group 1 and talk while not grouped together. It is becoming standard practice for me to always start mumble and D3 together. Others like Jabber or Wimpy join us occasionally as well. So I'm quite happy with there being a server and hope even more will start using it.
I use it whenever I am playing in a group. VoiceMan, zParticle, Wimpy, and I did a short run last night (VM and I's baptism into hardcore). Three of us were on mumble.

Once I complete Normal on my SC wizard, I probably will be looking to run coop all the time. I really wish there were custom chat channels in D3. That probably goes in the D3 annoyances.
We're usually sitting in Group 1. Feel free to stop by and chat, even if you're not playing in our group.
(05-22-2012, 12:00 AM)swirly Wrote: Thought I should post to say that I've been making good use of the server. Myself, Frag, Mongo, and GG have been grouping and on it.

Aye, I see you four in there all the time. I'd join you, except that I play softcore and also not as much as you guys! Just finally beat Nightmare mode last night with Quark and Lissa. I r casual.
(05-22-2012, 12:27 PM)Bolty Wrote:
(05-22-2012, 12:00 AM)swirly Wrote: Thought I should post to say that I've been making good use of the server. Myself, Frag, Mongo, and GG have been grouping and on it.

Aye, I see you four in there all the time. I'd join you, except that I play softcore and also not as much as you guys! Just finally beat Nightmare mode last night with Quark and Lissa. I r casual.
Lol, none of us have beaten Nightmare yet, just barely into A3. u r so pro! Big Grin
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
(05-22-2012, 12:37 PM)Frag Wrote: u r so pro! Big Grin

Not if you've seen how many times I've died despite playing a purely defensive build (hint: I'm melee)! Yes, I do play the "I shall throw myself into the fray to defend my teammates" game, but it's all part of the fun of softcore mode.
(05-22-2012, 12:46 PM)Bolty Wrote:
(05-22-2012, 12:37 PM)Frag Wrote: u r so pro! Big Grin

Not if you've seen how many times I've died despite playing a purely defensive build (hint: I'm melee)! Yes, I do play the "I shall throw myself into the fray to defend my teammates" game, but it's all part of the fun of softcore mode.

I'm actually looking forward to playing that way, but the balance of fun hasn't quite tipped for me yet. See my wall post for more details. I'm happy there is a HC community that is readily accessible in this game, and I'm happy there is also a SC community because both styles provide me with fun and entertainment. I know I've said there are some builds I want to try but I'm simply to nervous to in HC. It's limited time to play, I know I'm at 40 hours total played across all my toons, I've played a lot, it's a content rich game with a lot to do, so time is still my limiter. Smile
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.