<Lurkers> organization in D3
(03-18-2012, 09:48 PM)Roland Wrote:
(03-18-2012, 06:35 PM)Angelstar3 Wrote:
(03-18-2012, 05:37 PM)Roland Wrote:
(03-16-2012, 09:12 PM)Angelstar3 Wrote: Anyone who pre-ordered D3 or the Collector's Edition from Amazon -
Log on to your Amazon account, and find your open order.
You can change the shipping speed on your order to "Release-Date Delivery",
and your order delivery estimate should change to May 15, 2012 (the option may only be available for continental US delivery).
If you have Amazon Prime Membership, Release-Date Delivery is free, but you will have to log on and manually change the shipping speed.
I just changed mine this morning without any problem.

Angelstar3

I have no such option available to me. Could it be because it's shipping to my P.O. box?

Edit:
Nope. Changing to my home address does not allow Release-Date shipping. Closest is Next Day shipping (1 Business Day). So, guess it doesn't work for everyone.

Edit 2:
Having read the fine print, it says you can only choose Release-Date Shipping if it is presented at checkout. It was never an option for me at checkout, nor is it one now. So, no release date shipping for the CE. At least, not for me. So, as I said, no D3 for me until at LEAST the 22nd.

Roland, according to comments on incgamer's "Amazon Diablo III Pre-Order Woes", some people had to "Cancel" and "Reorder" the CE to be able to select the "Release-Date delivery" option.
Read the comments on the link below and see if any applies to you. You may at least be able to talk to an Amazon rep and receive the $5 promotional credit. Good luck!

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comment...order-woes

It's the dawning of Diablo 3...
May the servers hold up and stay strong/stable on release day so "Evil is Back" in full force!!!
Angelstar3

P.S. (Update) At this point, Amazon appears to have run out of CE.
I suggest you talk to an Amazon rep instead of trying to Cancel and Reorder online.

That's great, and I would have done that - except they're sold out of CEs. I'm not jeapordizing my CE to play a game a week earlier. Not that I honestly care that much about Diablo III, but I'm a sucker for CEs (and I won't have to buy D2 again!)\

So, I'll see you between the 22nd and the 26th. Tongue

You could try contacting Amazon support and see if they could do anything. And yes, there is a charge for release date shipping, a whopping $0.99... Tongue
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
(03-18-2012, 10:16 PM)Lissa Wrote: You could try contacting Amazon support and see if they could do anything. And yes, there is a charge for release date shipping, a whopping $0.99... Tongue

I guess I'll fire off an e-mail then. Nothing to lose! Smile
Roland *The Gunslinger*
(03-18-2012, 09:48 PM)Roland Wrote: That's great, and I would have done that - except they're sold out of CEs. I'm not jeapordizing my CE to play a game a week earlier. Not that I honestly care that much about Diablo III, but I'm a sucker for CEs (and I won't have to buy D2 again!)\

So, I'll see you between the 22nd and the 26th. Tongue

Thanks for the heads up. Normally I order games from EB Games, fond memories of when I bought Wasteland for my little boy. However EB Games shows no stock, nor does Amazon, as mentioned. The only place I found that offered the CE was buy.com, who accepted my order a few minutes ago.

Not that I have any room to install the game, but the white box is pretty.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
(03-15-2012, 08:21 PM)Zippyy Wrote: It's going to be so nice having the gang back together again.

Is anyone else planning on taking the 15th-18th off work? Smile

oh i plan on being there.. unless my computer says other wise
[Image: chandelier.gif]
[Image: greyson.jpg]
[Image: demtorch.gif]
*nerdmode* I took 2 weeks off around that time. */nerdmode*

The game is region free, so I might be able to play with you guys. Smile
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
Ok, what about hardcore vs. softcore? I never did much hardcore in DII but I am thinking of doing hardcore exclusively for DIII.

But I want to play with Lurkers, so... who is going to be hardcore? Softcore? Both?
(03-20-2012, 06:08 PM)vor_lord Wrote: Ok, what about hardcore vs. softcore? I never did much hardcore in DII but I am thinking of doing hardcore exclusively for DIII.

But I want to play with Lurkers, so... who is going to be hardcore? Softcore? Both?

I'll probably do a bit of both, although I did find out in D2 that having an all hardcore group of friends can get difficult to keep together. Of course, we are only allowed a limited number of slots (is it only five? Am I remembering that correctly?) so I may have to just see first, but I'm pretty sure I'll have at least one hardcore.
Intolerant monkey.
(03-20-2012, 06:08 PM)vor_lord Wrote: Ok, what about hardcore vs. softcore? I never did much hardcore in DII but I am thinking of doing hardcore exclusively for DIII.

I'll be doing a bit of both. There are times I will just want to HULK SMASH things and not have to think and if I die, I die. But I do enjoy the challenge and tactics that hardcore adds to the mix.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
I'll do softcore.
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

I gave up on hardcore. Softcore operations just seem a little classier. Some even have craft services and trailers for us stars. Hardcore seemed to be shot in some pretty seedy locations and tended to elicit more attention from the authorities. Dodgy
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(03-19-2012, 01:48 AM)Roland Wrote:
(03-18-2012, 10:16 PM)Lissa Wrote: You could try contacting Amazon support and see if they could do anything. And yes, there is a charge for release date shipping, a whopping $0.99... Tongue

I guess I'll fire off an e-mail then. Nothing to lose! Smile

Even if that doesn't work, I've found that Amazon is very good about getting preorders, whether it's a book or video game, to you the day the item comes out. So there's still hope you'll have the game sitting on your doorstep/in your PO box that afternoon.
(03-20-2012, 07:48 PM)Crusader Wrote: I'll do softcore.

I did some hardcore single player, but D3 is not going to have single player.

Here are just some of the reasons (other than me making mistakes) why a server-based hardcore could go badly wrong:

* My internet goes out (briefly, or not) at the wrong moment.

* Power goes out.

* Important phone call occurs.

* My wife needs my attention suddenly.

* I have a cat blocking my view of the monitor.

* Cat pulls the cable modem off my desk.

* Cat unplugs my computer.

ALL of these things have gotten me killed (through no fault of my own, regardless of my skill level and attention to survival) in World of Warcraft, and in shooters.

The game isn't smart enough to tell the difference between deaths caused by outside intervention vs deaths that result from my playing.

Besides. My hardcore experiences that were worth relating came later. All the early ones were plagued by not knowing where my boundaries were and playing things too cautiously. ... What is the point of playing it safe all the time? And what is the point of playing hardcore when you aren't going to play it safe, and will keep dying and having to start over?

Surely my most memorable Hardcore adventure was Softcore Wussie. I had the double excitement of playing hardcore with a reckless style and also conveying that recklessness in my reports without giving away the big secret until the end. But that was after learning both the class and the game so thoroughly that I had a chance of pulling it off. ... But I'd never have tried it through even 100ms of lag, nor with the risk of losing all that investment over an internet connection outage.

I don't need the game to track my variant play. Never did. I'll devise my own challenges and manage them as I see fit. They can keep their online-only Hardcore.

- Sirian
(03-20-2012, 10:08 PM)LochnarITB Wrote: I gave up on hardcore. Softcore operations just seem a little classier. Some even have craft services and trailers for us stars. Hardcore seemed to be shot in some pretty seedy locations and tended to elicit more attention from the authorities. Dodgy

Okay that made me snarf my coffee. Kudos sir.
(03-20-2012, 07:48 PM)Crusader Wrote: I'll do softcore.

Same here. I don't have any need to lose a character I've put hours in to a lag spike/DSL reset/computer issue/other issue outside my control. I try very hard not to die in softcore anyway.
--Mav
I'm hosting a D3 LAN party for the weekend following release. One of the things we're planning to do is split into teams of 4, start new hardcore characters, and race to see which team can get the farthest before everyone dies. Hopefully it's not too easy and will be challenging enough. Smile

If any bored Lurker wants to join in the fun, you're welcome to!
The error occurred on line -1.
quill rats
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Hardcore, pretty much only, except for Crusaders group if I make it in.
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Softcore always. I'm an endgame player and want to keep my chars for high lvl gaming and PvP in the future.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)