Show off Your Transmogrification Sets!
Let's get a little vain, folks. Show off your best transmogrification sets and why you've decided to embarrass your toon by dressing him/her up in that way.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=110]

There's a couple of reasons behind this one. First, I really wanted to dust off the shoulders (Yes, I kept them) and bow that I had in storage, so I built the theme around these two items. The second is that I wanted something elder-ish for the Lunar Festival, hence the kilt.

I also didn't want to spend an inordinate amount of time. I'd just spent several weeks grinding through Molten Core for the famous Giantstalker's Set while also farming for even longer for the yellow recolour. I'm farmed out. Or was, since I'm now gunning for the Shaman T1/T2 recolours right about now. Basically, I wanted the set on the cheap and in a hurry; the fact that I had the two hardest-to-get items already helped.

Item List

Helm: Storm Master's Helmet
There are many like this, including one I'm farming up for the Purple Ten Storms. None are as blue and as cheap as this one: 260 JP from G'eras in Shattrath City.

Shoulders: Shoulders of Lightning Reflexes
Epic BoP Hunter shoulders from TBC. The pattern is not BoP and can be farmed from the Black Temple or found on your local auction house. Given how many PuGs are running BT for transmog gear, it's possible to get both the pattern and Hearts of Darkness from the AH for cheap.

Back: Sentinel's Winter Cloak
The JP tanking cloak from Wrath, costs 579 JP from various Dalaran vendors.

Chest: Icy Scale Chestguard
A BoE mail piece, part of Wrath's rather useless Frost Resistance sets. Scrounging up the base materials shouldn't be a problem, though the Frozen Orbs might need some work if you don't have any stockpiled.

Bracers: None, the gloves hide them.

Gloves: Blizzard Keeper's Mitts
Shaman gloves from late Wrath. Cheap at 695 JP from Dalaran. Personally, I would have preferred Spiritwalker Gauntlets from Shade of Akama, but these a certainly easier to get and matches well with the kilt.

Belt: Icy Scale Belt
Again, another Leatherworking piece that few people bothered with back in the day.

Legs: Frozen Forest Kilt
Drops from Ormorok the Tree-Shaper in Heroic Nexus. Statistically, it has the highest drop rate from his loot table, therefore you will require several attempt to actually get it while trashing dozens of the gloves.

Feet: As a tauren wearing a kilt, boots of any kind simply fail to display so feet aren't necessary. For other races, just find your bluest mail shoes and use them. Nobody pays attention to your feet anyway, except for Quentin Tarentino.

Main Hand: Whiteout Staff
Naturally, there aren't many Shaman staves, and a lot of the staves I did like were hidden behind the RNG of raid drops. This only costs 250 Honor from the Horde AV quartermaster, but the model and colouration is common enough for any Alliance player to get; this just happened to be the easiest one to get. For polearm Hunters I'd suggest the sublime Sonic Spear or Witch-Hunter's Harvester to match; though I wouldn't lose too much sleep farming stat sticks since they seem to be going the way of the dodo for my class in MoP.

Ranged: Crypt Fiend Slayer
Drops from the Captain's Chest in Heroic Halls of Reflection. I'd kept this from my Wrath days, so good luck farming this one.

Pet: Skoll
Best looking Spirit Beast bar none. Note that I'm actually a Survival Hunter but went BM for this screenshot.

Companion: Lunar Lantern
Available for 50 Coins of Ancestry for Alliance characters during the Lunar Festival, or for extortionate fees on the neutral AH or extremely extortionate fees on the Horde AH.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

In the same vein, I went blue for Odayla. Skoll works well, indeed, but I've got a matching mount/pet/social pet set so ...

[Image: 6819915015_3c5239f8c1.jpg]

Did Druid of Autumn for Hykim (the weapon is the Chillwind Staff).

[Image: 6819915081_87f71e94eb.jpg]

Had to use the Pimp Hat on Pavis.

[Image: 6819914755_4be1e8199a.jpg]

Couldn't decide between silver and red on Jakaleel. So I alternate on occasion. Smile

[Image: 6819914691_5cfb1ba67e.jpg]

[Image: 6819914645_86b2582b0f.jpg]
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
(02-05-2012, 01:07 AM)Bun-Bun Wrote: Had to use the Pimp Hat on Pavis.

[Image: 6819914755_4be1e8199a.jpg]

Heart the pimp hat! He cries out for a Frostsaber mount though. Wink
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
My prot warrior 'mog.

[Image: wCIZe.jpg]
My Main
[Image: 6-0.jpg]

[/b]My Alt[/b]
[Image: 8-0.jpg%22)]

Others are in various stages of mog. But these two, I'm really happy with.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
(02-05-2012, 01:54 AM)LochnarITB Wrote: Heart the pimp hat! He cries out for a Frostsaber mount though. Wink

[Image: 6823303929_23b1a5323c.jpg]
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
(02-05-2012, 03:14 PM)Bun-Bun Wrote:
(02-05-2012, 01:54 AM)LochnarITB Wrote: Heart the pimp hat! He cries out for a Frostsaber mount though. Wink

LOL! Bun, that's a fantastic screenie! You see kitty, you see hat, you no see gnome. =D Heart
Intolerant monkey.
(02-05-2012, 03:14 PM)Bun-Bun Wrote:

Big Grin Great rebuttal! In my defense, turn him to the side, or better yet, ride him slowly around town and see all the oohs and ahhs and roses thrown in your path and ladies swooning at you glance! Even the most jaded have to recognize the awesomeness of gnome on kitty!

I actually thought about loading up WoW to see if lochnar actually sat that low or if I needed to call a Photoshop foul. Then I remembered that there was a patch waiting so I'd just have to believe it was real. Wink
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
rogue http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/do...r/advanced
[Image: roguet.jpg]
priest http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/do...e/advanced
[Image: priestkq.jpg]
warrior http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/do...r/advanced
[Image: warrct.jpg]
Mage http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/do...r/advanced
[Image: magez.jpg]
My hunter's mog

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/te...oll/simple
Since I hate what the armory does to my new mog set (look below to compare with pic above) here are some sweet pics.

[Image: newmog-solo.jpg]
[Image: shoju-bloodlights-newmog.jpg]
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
My Worgen Rogue belongs in Mad Max.
[Image: MHibU.jpg]
That is fantastic!

What shoulder is that?
(02-17-2012, 04:22 PM)shoju Wrote: That is fantastic!

What shoulder is that?

Puncture-Binding Spaulder
(02-17-2012, 05:40 PM)DeeBye Wrote: Puncture-Binding Spaulder
Hit the "same model as" tab. There are a dozen or so with maybe 5 or 6 different hues. If you're not into going around almost nude the bandit "set" goes well with this shoulder.
I liked it because it was a single shoulder model. The only other single shoulder model I could think of in game is the herod shoulder.
(02-17-2012, 09:41 PM)shoju Wrote: I liked it because it was a single shoulder model. The only other single shoulder model I could think of in game is the herod shoulder.

The shoulder model was what I set this 'mog around. I love the look so much. I tried finding stuff that was savage, primal, and gladiatorial. I think it fits for a Worgen Rogue.

I've gotten almost all positive feedback on it so far in randoms in Worgen form, but almost all negative views when in Human form.
(02-18-2012, 03:07 AM)DeeBye Wrote: but almost all negative views when in Human form.

I'd imagine it would look... interesting? A Screenshot would be appreciated Smile

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
(02-18-2012, 12:24 PM)NuurAbSaal Wrote: I'd imagine it would look... interesting? A Screenshot would be appreciated Smile

[Image: aSRlG.jpg]

I've changed the chest to something that looks a little bit better on my Worgen. I'm really getting a ton of good feedback on it.

[Image: 36JJP.jpg]

I also got Fear and Vengeance the other day so now I'm rocking two red-hot pokers.
In human form kind of reminds me of Humongous from The Road Warrior
Nyghtshayde Mage Fire/Frost ilvl 394
Nyghtdeth Death Knight Frost/Unholy ilvl 387

You get more with a kind word and a two-by-four than with just a kind word.