Mists of Pandaria discussion
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/

I'm really excited about the new Monk class. I've never played a healer, mostly because I hate mana classes. Since Monks are going to be viable tanks/dps/healers with something other than mana, I am really pumped about playing one. I'm hoping that Monk healing is like melee dps, but in reverse - smack all my party members in melee range to heal them.

The Pandaren don't do much for me. I watched enough Kung Fu Panda with my son. I don't really dislike them either. I like their racials.
Seriously, whoever came up with that expansion idea needs to be taken out back and beaten severely.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Pity, I really wish Monk would have been introduced about 2 years ago, that's my kind of class (Thinking Disciple of Khaine / Warrior Priest from WAR, or Cleric from D&D). As it is, D3 is around the corner and SWTOR is right around the corner.

Deathwing should be the last gasp for me, I've accomplished what goals I had when I bought WoW (Tank Illidan & Kill Arthas).
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
(10-22-2011, 05:23 AM)Lissa Wrote: Seriously, whoever came up with that expansion idea needs to be taken out back and beaten severely.

Let's see, we've got ...

Turtles all the way down
Pokemon
Pandaren Rogues (??) and Mages (????)
Absolutely nuts talent trees (how the hell does putting Nature's Swiftness in the same tier as Renewal make sense?!)
Boring talent trees (one choice of three skills every 15 levels, oh joy!)
Completely overpowered racials for the new race (surprise!)
Valor Points for daily quests (ugh, daily quest for raid gear as if dungeons for raid gear wasn't bad enough)

The talents and valor points alone are enough to make me be disappointed. Every time Blizzard announces something new for WoW I see the disconnect between A Team (moved on to Titan after Ulduar) and B Team widen.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quote:How is monk healing going to work? When I played yesterday you had chi and light and dark power. Is it going to be like I choose healing spec and you get a mana bar or something?

When you switch to healing stance you will get a mana bar, and regarding healing, the monk will be less target based and more proximity based. And there is also this mechanics where you can put statues in the raid, and when you melee the boss they give out healing for example. We are challenging ourselves into new ways to look at this.

Proximity based = too much time running around to heal ranged, and getting cleaved trying to heal a tank. Wonder how they solve those issues.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
(10-22-2011, 05:04 PM)Quark Wrote:
(10-22-2011, 05:23 AM)Lissa Wrote: Seriously, whoever came up with that expansion idea needs to be taken out back and beaten severely.

Let's see, we've got ...

Turtles all the way down
Pokemon
Absolutely nuts talent trees (how the hell does putting Nature's Swiftness in the same tier as Renewal make sense?!)
Valor Points for daily quests (ugh, daily quest for raid gear as if dungeons for raid gear wasn't bad enough)

The talents and valor points alone are enough to make me be disappointed. Every time Blizzard announces something new for WoW I see the disconnect between A Team (moved on to Titan after Ulduar) and B Team widen.

And now people know why I'll never return to WoW. Just downright stupid now. They took a good game and destroyed it.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Let's see, we've got ...

Turtles all the way down
Pokemon

What's wrong with Turtles all the way down? Unless you don't have it.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
(10-23-2011, 03:12 AM)Lissa Wrote:

Let's see, we've got ...

Turtles all the way down
Pokemon

And now people know why I'll never return to WoW. Just downright stupid now. They took a good game and destroyed it.

And Blizzard doesn't care. The money is in the casuals, not the hard core raiders. Not only are they losing base to time, they have to worry about cannibalizing their own base with D3 and loss to other contenders for folks time and money. Take it from me, that warm wet feeling of pissing into the wind is not enjoyable.

I have been thinking I would drop WoW for Star Wars, but that would depend on the first month of play. Now I will probably stick at least through the 12 month/D3 free offer to see how things shake out.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Quote:What's wrong with Turtles all the way down? Unless you don't have it.

8,623 qualifying casts, and no turtle. RNG is RNG and what not.... but OH MY GOD. Yes, I can sympathize.

I'm not going to be playing Mists of Pandaria. I will probably play until 5.0, though I'm not sure, it will depend on time and what not.

I knew that my time in wow was coming to an end when I main changed from my paladin. Now, I see where my time is ending.

I guess it makes sense, I have had a crazy love for the black dragonflight since I first hit Duskwallow while leveling. I thought that they were the coolest bad guys, so killing Deathwing, their aspect is probably a good a place as any to finish up.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
(10-23-2011, 05:14 AM)LavCat Wrote: What's wrong with Turtles all the way down? Unless you don't have it.

I was referring to the fact that the Pandaren staring zone is a turtle. Literally.
(10-23-2011, 02:29 PM)Quark Wrote:
(10-23-2011, 05:14 AM)LavCat Wrote: What's wrong with Turtles all the way down? Unless you don't have it.

I was referring to the fact that the Pandaren staring zone is a turtle. Literally.

It could have been a tree.
(10-23-2011, 09:50 AM)LochnarITB Wrote: And Blizzard doesn't care. The money is in the casuals, not the hard core raiders.

Pretty much this. If you're a hardcore raider, you probably think they've jumped the shark. IMO, Blizzard has gone back to being the old Blizzard: "Here's the cool stuff we made! Hope you want to play it!" rather than bending over backwards to accommodate everyone. They learned a hard lesson in Cata about catering to the "WoW is too easy, make it harder!" crowd, so anyone expecting *less* accessibility, or *not* going back to LK-type heroics, for example, got a rude surprise in the MoP announcement.

I'm sure they know who they're serving with the new expansion, and if you're not it, then, well, you're not it. My Alliance guild absolutely is abuzz with this announcement, but, they're pretty casual, fun people who raid some, not hardcore progression raiders. They're now much like the Terenas Lurkers were in early to mid BC, before they recruited for 25-mans.

You guys had to know this day was coming. The playerbase is so fragmented these days into factions that all want their special things, so someone *had to be* left out, imo, and Blizzard finally figured out that trying to satisfy everyone was hurting them more than helping. Good luck with Star Wars for some of you, I guess, and I'll see you in D3 or perhaps Torchlight II if you don't get D3. Star Wars doesn't interest me in the least as a franchise, but I'll buy the game for my daughter who loves Star Wars, and probably try it out a bit while waiting for D3/HotS/MoP.
--Mav
(10-22-2011, 03:07 AM)DeeBye Wrote: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/

I suspect this will spawn a great deal of bitter, accusatory rhetoric about the ways in which Blizzard has sold their soul to Mammon by realizing cynical-yet-profitable truths about their player base.

(Of course, not so difficult to predict in hindsight. Nevertheless!)

-Jester
(10-23-2011, 11:59 AM)shoju Wrote:
Quote:What's wrong with Turtles all the way down? Unless you don't have it.

8,623 qualifying casts, and no turtle. RNG is RNG and what not.... but OH MY GOD. Yes, I can sympathize.

I'm not going to be playing Mists of Pandaria. I will probably play until 5.0, though I'm not sure, it will depend on time and what not.

I knew that my time in wow was coming to an end when I main changed from my paladin. Now, I see where my time is ending.

I guess it makes sense, I have had a crazy love for the black dragonflight since I first hit Duskwallow while leveling. I thought that they were the coolest bad guys, so killing Deathwing, their aspect is probably a good a place as any to finish up.

I lost all respect for the black dragonflight when I saw that Onyxia was hollow.

My mage, Roquefort, got her turtle doing the Ghostfish daily -- however I have thirteen other characters who want one.
(10-23-2011, 09:50 AM)LochnarITB Wrote:
(10-23-2011, 03:12 AM)Lissa Wrote:

Let's see, we've got ...

Turtles all the way down
Pokemon

And Blizzard doesn't care. The money is in the casuals, not the hard core raiders. Not only are they losing base to time, they have to worry about cannibalizing their own base with D3 and loss to other contenders for folks time and money. Take it from me, that warm wet feeling of pissing into the wind is not enjoyable.

I have been thinking I would drop WoW for Star Wars, but that would depend on the first month of play. Now I will probably stick at least through the 12 month/D3 free offer to see how things shake out.

Has 0 to do with hard core vs. casual, the game has taken a severe drop in quality since Ulduar. ICC was alright, but overall, Cataclysm has been problematic to say the least. The team doing development is totally clueless now on what to do and how to tune.

(10-23-2011, 11:58 PM)Lissa Wrote: Has 0 to do with hard core vs. casual, the game has taken a severe drop in quality since Ulduar. ICC was alright, but overall, Cataclysm has been problematic to say the least. The team doing development is totally clueless now on what to do and how to tune.

And, of course, you ignored the point of my post to point out how you believe I was wrong. BLIZZARD DOESN'T CARE about your opinion of the quality of the game and how they can't tune it. They have millions of casuals playing who want to be dragged around by the nose for questing. That want to pop in on a few instances without worrying about getting slaughtered. That don't care about how classes are tuned as long as the one they pick has some fun stuff they can do and they can destroy stuff without too much thought to how to play. Panda guys will draw new players in. Blizz is betting it will draw significantly more in than it pushes away and I would hesitate to bet against them.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
I am sensing a tiny bit of distaste here.
(10-24-2011, 02:42 AM)LochnarITB Wrote:
(10-23-2011, 11:58 PM)Lissa Wrote: Has 0 to do with hard core vs. casual, the game has taken a severe drop in quality since Ulduar. ICC was alright, but overall, Cataclysm has been problematic to say the least. The team doing development is totally clueless now on what to do and how to tune.

And, of course, you ignored the point of my post to point out how you believe I was wrong. BLIZZARD DOESN'T CARE about your opinion of the quality of the game and how they can't tune it. They have millions of casuals playing who want to be dragged around by the nose for questing. That want to pop in on a few instances without worrying about getting slaughtered. That don't care about how classes are tuned as long as the one they pick has some fun stuff they can do and they can destroy stuff without too much thought to how to play. Panda guys will draw new players in. Blizz is betting it will draw significantly more in than it pushes away and I would hesitate to bet against them.

Loch, they do care. They're bleeding subs left and right. Why do you think they're giving people 4 months of WoW if they buy the CE of D3 or that they're giving people D3 if they sign up for the year sub to WoW. Blizzard does care. And the whole reason they're bleeding subs is because the quality has gone way down with this new team.

(10-24-2011, 03:40 AM)Lissa Wrote: Loch, they do care. They're bleeding subs left and right. Why do you think they're giving people 4 months of WoW if they buy the CE of D3 or that they're giving people D3 if they sign up for the year sub to WoW. Blizzard does care. And the whole reason they're bleeding subs is because the quality has gone way down with this new team.

Blizzard is offering D3 deals because they are (rightly) terrified of competing with themselves. Whichever game wins, they lose. Much more sensible to try and absorb the problem by enticing people to continue to play both games, or at least, keep a foot in the door.

I think the quality is about as high as it has ever been. But WoW is not eternal, and after 7 years, people move on. They'll keep a healthy subscriber base, but interpreting every drop from the 12 million peak as quality loss is bogus.

-Jester