Diablo III Free with Annual WoW Subscription
Right from MMO-Champion's coverage of Blizzcon, Diablo III Digital Edition will be free if you are an annual subscriber to World of Warcraft. The new annual pass will be available to purchase soon. You will also get an in-game mount and automatic access to the next WoW expansion beta.

What a way to make sure Diablo III doesn't suck away all the WoW players. Smile Brilliant marketing move by Blizzard.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Guarantees they'll be getting one year of subs from each person... nice move.

I kind of wonder if they're going to continue their expansion-every-two-years model for WoW.
See you in Town,
-Z
(10-21-2011, 07:37 PM)Bolty Wrote: Right from MMO-Champion's coverage of Blizzcon, Diablo III Digital Edition will be free if you are an annual subscriber to World of Warcraft. The new annual pass will be available to purchase soon. You will also get an in-game mount and automatic access to the next WoW expansion beta.

What a way to make sure Diablo III doesn't suck away all the WoW players. Smile Brilliant marketing move by Blizzard.

That really is, and it might even get me to re-up WoW via an annual pass assuming the annual pass is $120 or so (i.e. averages out to around $10 a month, instead of the $15 a single month is now). Take the $60 for Diablo III off and that is a year of WoW for $5 a month which is right around what I feel it is worth at this stage.

So not only is it a great way to not lose WoW subscribers, it might regain some for them and it would be the best kind of WoW subscribers, those that aren't really playing WoW much because they are playing D3 instead so there is no extra load on the WoW servers, but they have the revenue stream. Smile
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
(10-21-2011, 07:37 PM)Bolty Wrote: Brilliant marketing move by Blizzard.

It's almost approaching scary-level. Start any Blizzard game, be hooked for life on all of them eventually!

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
That is incredibly tempting.
Wow! How did they know? I've been noticing a huge "Kick Me" sign growing on the back of my WoW and they come along and yank it off. Angry
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
I signed up. I was gonna buy D3 anyways.
They got me, on both accounts.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Frak no, especially not after all the terrible changes coming in the expansion. I want the Collector's Edition anyway (which you still have to pay for in full, they'll give you 4 months WoW comp time if you do).
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
(10-21-2011, 07:45 PM)Gnollguy Wrote: That really is, and it might even get me to re-up WoW via an annual pass assuming the annual pass is $120 or so (i.e. averages out to around $10 a month, instead of the $15 a single month is now). Take the $60 for Diablo III off and that is a year of WoW for $5 a month which is right around what I feel it is worth at this stage.

So not only is it a great way to not lose WoW subscribers, it might regain some for them and it would be the best kind of WoW subscribers, those that aren't really playing WoW much because they are playing D3 instead so there is no extra load on the WoW servers, but they have the revenue stream. Smile

The annual pass is not a new type of payment plan or something that one buys. It is a contract to subscribe for a full year by whatever payment plan you choose (as long as there is a credit card number associated with your account).

(10-22-2011, 12:24 AM)Quark Wrote: Frak no, especially not after all the terrible changes coming in the expansion. I want the Collector's Edition anyway (which you still have to pay for in full, they'll give you 4 months WoW comp time if you do).

There's going to be a WoW expansion within the next year??

In my case I was planning not to buy D3 because of artwork the same as WoW and the real currency auction house, but now it turns out to be "free".

(10-21-2011, 07:45 PM)Gnollguy Wrote: That really is, and it might even get me to re-up WoW via an annual pass assuming the annual pass is $120 or so (i.e. averages out to around $10 a month, instead of the $15 a single month is now). Take the $60 for Diablo III off and that is a year of WoW for $5 a month which is right around what I feel it is worth at this stage.

The cheapest way to do a year of game time is $77.xx each 6 months. So it'd be around $156 minus the $60 for Diablo III, or $96 for a year (~$8 / mo).

They don't have any kind of separate billing for the annual pass, you just commit that you will keep your subscription for a year.

For people who would be playing WoW anyway until Diablo III will come out, it's $5 a month for them. There's ~ 4 months until Diablo III is out (~$60 in subs), then $60 for the game, so $120 anyway and you're getting 8 months for <$40 or something, so around $5 for 8 months while you have both games.
(10-22-2011, 12:35 AM)LavCat Wrote: There's going to be a WoW expansion within the next year??

It has to be. The Deathwing patch will be out before the year's done, probably before Thanksgiving. They have to be targeting Summer at the latest.

Perhaps what they're really doing is trying to keep people on WoW long enough that they feel obligated to buy the next expansion.

Pandaria has to be coming between when Diablo III is released and the end of the year obligation. Yes, this must be what they're aiming for. getting people who would quit with Diablo III to stay on WoW long enough to buy Mists of Pandaria before they quit WoW.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
(10-22-2011, 12:35 AM)LavCat Wrote: There's going to be a WoW expansion within the next year??

Mists of Pandaria announcement.
Here's a stupid question that doesn't have an appropriate place, so I'm asking it here. If I have both WoW and D3 registered under the same battle.net account, can my wife or son play one game while I'm playing the other?
Not stupid and I can be logged into SC2 & WoW at the same time w/o issue, even from different computers, so I don't see why not.
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
(10-23-2011, 02:53 AM)Frag Wrote: Not stupid and I can be logged into SC2 & WoW at the same time w/o issue, even from different computers, so I don't see why not.

Yep. The only sort-of issue I've seen with this is that RealID messages will arbitrarily go to one or the other, not both; i.e. if one of my girls is on my Starcraft II, and I'm on WoW, RealID messages for me will go to one or the other, not both. But that's a minor thing, doesn't affect gameplay at all.
--Mav
(10-23-2011, 02:53 AM)Frag Wrote: Not stupid and I can be logged into SC2 & WoW at the same time w/o issue, even from different computers, so I don't see why not.

What happens if you log out of one game and log in to the other one?
(10-24-2011, 03:19 AM)DeeBye Wrote:

What happens if you log out of one game and log in to the other one?

I don't understand the question. If you're logged into WoW and your daughter is logged into D3, and you log out of WoW and log into D3 on the same account, she's going to get kicked, obviously.
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
I want the Diablo3 Collector's edition, else I would certainly have renewed my WoW subscription.
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
(10-25-2011, 10:53 AM)Crusader Wrote: I want the Diablo3 Collector's edition, else I would certainly have renewed my WoW subscription.

Purchasing the Collector's edition does get you four "free" months of WoW. I want the Collector's edition also. Though it remains to be seen if I will order it.