Diablo = Female
Stolen from Diablofans, see this picture of a promotion for Blizzcon:

[Image: diab.jpg]

To be honest, I for one welcome our new kinda-sexy female Diablo overlord.

Viewing this, I'd have to come to the conclusion that the girl so featured in the Diablo III trailer and playing a fairly prominent part in the beta may wind up becoming Diablo. As the hero, you try to stop the ritual from happening, but you're too late, and you're forced to destroy Diablo and her in the process. Just a theory, though.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
It's very likely. Everything does seem to be set for that. Here's a teaser from a while back:

[Image: Diablo_cinematic_render_4.jpg]
See you in Town,
-Z
(10-21-2011, 03:50 PM)Bolty Wrote: Viewing this, I'd have to come to the conclusion that the girl so featured in the Diablo III trailer and playing a fairly prominent part in the beta may wind up becoming Diablo. As the hero, you try to stop the ritual from happening, but you're too late, and you're forced to destroy Diablo and her in the process. Just a theory, though.

This has been the speculation for a while in the various DIII forums.

Leah (the girl / woman from the cinimatic) eventually becomes the vessel for Diablo.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
So, if I get this right, Kerrigan and Andarial finally fuse to go big time in the ultimate tittedandtentacled wonderfulness of perverted PCgamer fantasy.

Why not? It will sell.

I predict the first expansion pack will be

Diablo III: Psycho Bitch From Hell!

What's not to like?
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
(10-25-2011, 01:58 AM)Occhidiangela Wrote: So, if I get this right, Kerrigan and Andarial finally fuse to go big time in the ultimate tittedandtentacled wonderfulness of perverted PCgamer fantasy.

Why not? It will sell.

I predict the first expansion pack will be

Diablo III: Psycho Bitch From Hell!

What's not to like?

Spiked tentacles of forced intrusion?
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
(10-25-2011, 10:49 AM)Crusader Wrote: Spiked tentacles of forced intrusion?

So wrong, yet soooooo funny! Big Grin

Thanks for that, after reading it for the second time it seemed like an obvious joke, but the first time cracked me up real good.

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
How do you make Diablo the lord of terror more evil? Give him PMS.
As long as they don't give "her" high heels. Confused It bothered me about Kerrigan in StarCraft 2, and it's why I wouldn't play a female demon hunter in D3 (assuming I'll decide to play it at all).
And the days are not full enough
And the nights are not full enough
And life slips by like a field mouse
____________.Not shaking the grass.
-- Ezra Pound, "And the days are not full enough"
(10-31-2011, 04:21 AM)MMAgCh Wrote: As long as they don't give "her" high heels. Confused It bothered me about Kerrigan in StarCraft 2, and it's why I wouldn't play a female demon hunter in D3 (assuming I'll decide to play it at all).

I've actually had heels that were comfy enough to walk a few miles in and wear them basically all day (well, for as long as I wear any shoes I should say), but they sure weren't stilettos that they like to put in games. There can be high heels that are comfortable enough for normal use, but I really don't know if I'd take them out into the more woodsy areas, more rural areas like what I've seen in screenshots and videos of D3. Wink

I'm just glad to see more games coming out that do seem to admit that yes, girls game too. We're finally getting some women actually making the games instead of it being all guys doing it.
Intolerant monkey.
Well, I think you'll agree that the kinds of activities video game characters are wont to engage in generally go well beyond what might reasonably be considered "normal use". Smile It's one of the reasons I find this sort of thing so tiresome.

(But then, I'm no doubt biased as heels in any shape or form have always left me cold, at best. Tongue)
And the days are not full enough
And the nights are not full enough
And life slips by like a field mouse
____________.Not shaking the grass.
-- Ezra Pound, "And the days are not full enough"
(10-31-2011, 01:10 PM)Treesh Wrote: I'm just glad to see more games coming out that do seem to admit that yes, girls game too. We're finally getting some women actually making the games instead of it being all guys doing it.

I prefer Gore-Tex NewBalance boots, myself.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
While im not doubting that Leah will play an intricate part in D3. I will say that we cannot leave out the fact that Cydaea, the Maiden of Lust will be in the game.
(10-31-2011, 10:13 PM)SleepPowder Wrote: Cydaea, the Maiden of Lust

*prepares for a nice and cozy evening of "reading up on essential lore".

Cool

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
(10-31-2011, 06:30 PM)MMAgCh Wrote: Well, I think you'll agree that the kinds of activities video game characters are wont to engage in generally go well beyond what might reasonably be considered "normal use". Smile It's one of the reasons I find this sort of thing so tiresome.

(But then, I'm no doubt biased as heels in any shape or form have always left me cold, at best. Tongue)

But just think of the damage you could do if you kicked someone while wearing stilletos! Wink Of course, I didn't even own a pair of heels until after I was 30.
Intolerant monkey.
So, playing through D3 beta and the speculation of Leah being Diablo's vessel does not seem to hold up with a couple lore items you find in Act 1. I won't say who, but the lore items point to someone else being Diablo's vessel (but female). It looks like Blizzard may have another role for Leah to play.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
(10-31-2011, 06:30 PM)MMAgCh Wrote: Well, I think you'll agree that the kinds of activities video game characters are wont to engage in generally go well beyond what might reasonably be considered "normal use". Smile It's one of the reasons I find this sort of thing so tiresome.

I don't freak over heels, but, they sometimes enhance the appeal of the person wearing them. Tongue I don't apply 'reality' to fantasy video games, though, so Kerrigan's heels, and skimpy WoW outfits are simply Blizzard's nod to their huge audience of teenage boys. Not personal, just business. Of course, I don't get offended by everything, either.

--Mav
Of course, I don't get offended by everything, either.

I'd like to say either
"thanks for being a worthwhile human being
or

"You seem not to be up to 21st century standards, where being offended is the baseline assumption."
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
(10-21-2011, 03:50 PM)Bolty Wrote: Stolen from Diablofans, see this picture of a promotion for Blizzcon:

[Image: diab.jpg]

To be honest, I for one welcome our new kinda-sexy female Diablo overlord.

Viewing this, I'd have to come to the conclusion that the girl so featured in the Diablo III trailer and playing a fairly prominent part in the beta may wind up becoming Diablo. As the hero, you try to stop the ritual from happening, but you're too late, and you're forced to destroy Diablo and her in the process. Just a theory, though.
oh great leah or who ever it is gets turned into{pardon my saying tis sorry to women folks,but} the bitch of the proverbial hell has no fury as a woman scorned.

and this is new for me, bolty i never even saw that poster and tried to deny that diablo is female, but we all know that diablo original body was destroyed long ago and all he does is take over his victim's body.. so this will be interesting to see him/her in female body..

but whose eyes are those in the background cant be diablo, she standing in the front with thrall and kerrigan.. i wonder if its project titan being shown
[Image: chandelier.gif]
[Image: greyson.jpg]
[Image: demtorch.gif]
(12-12-2011, 06:25 PM)Wiccan Wrote: but whose eyes are those in the background cant be diablo, she standing in the front with thrall and kerrigan.. i wonder if its project titan being shown

I'm thinking that could be the villain in SC2, the one we see in the protoss part of the campaign. Or, it could be the as yet unseen villain behind MoP.
--Mav
(10-21-2011, 03:50 PM)Bolty Wrote: Viewing this, I'd have to come to the conclusion that the girl so featured in the Diablo III trailer and playing a fairly prominent part in the beta may wind up becoming Diablo. As the hero, you try to stop the ritual from happening, but you're too late, and you're forced to destroy Diablo and her in the process. Just a theory, though.

OHMAGAAAAWD BOLTY! You ruined the plot for me! Now there is no point whatsoever for me to play the gaaaaame!

Huh wha? Gazillion demons to slay?? SIGN ME ON!
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.