Arreat Summit
Hi

It's been many years but I still appreciate all the help you guys gave us to create the Arreat Summit. I hope you're around to contribute to the new Diablo 3 site which we will attempt to eclipse the Arreat Summit.

Credits: http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/credits.shtml

The way you guys helped last time is submitting information to add and correcting information that was already up there. This post http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/thread-13307.html for example is great work on the things that might appear in the guide once we have the information.

Anyway, hello again, I hope some of you are still around Smile

GFraizer (Nebu)
Hey, where's the Zarathustra credit?? I'll let it slide this time. Wink

Glad to see you back posting in the Lounge, man.
See you in Town,
-Z
Been reading these forums for a very long time, but I figured I'd have to register just to say thanks for all of the work to everyone on the arreat summit!
I've always been around the diablo community, sometimes in the shadows, sometimes somewhere loud, and I'll certainly be happy to chip in with the new game info once the game is out in the wild.
Huh, I thought everyone at Blizzard had long forgotten about this place. Geoff, your old account is probably still here, by the way.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
(10-06-2011, 12:17 PM)Bolty Wrote: Huh, I thought everyone at Blizzard had long forgotten about this place. Geoff, your old account is probably still here, by the way.

And we'll sell it to him for many D3 Beta keys right? Smile Wink
(10-05-2011, 10:57 PM)Nebu7777 Wrote: Hi

It's been many years but I still appreciate all the help you guys gave us to create the Arreat Summit. I hope you're around to contribute to the new Diablo 3 site which we will attempt to eclipse the Arreat Summit.

Credits: http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/credits.shtml

The way you guys helped last time is submitting information to add and correcting information that was already up there. This post http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/thread-13307.html for example is great work on the things that might appear in the guide once we have the information.

Anyway, hello again, I hope some of you are still around Smile

GFraizer (Nebu)

Thanks for all the hard work you put into the site for D2. Looking forward to the D3 version.
(10-06-2011, 12:17 PM)Bolty Wrote: Huh, I thought everyone at Blizzard had long forgotten about this place.

That's what they wanted you to think.

I can't wait for D3.
(10-07-2011, 02:17 AM)DeeBye Wrote: I can't wait for D3.

Yet, you are.

Muahahahahaha!
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
I still have the Arreat Summit link on my browser's home page. But Arreat Summit doesn't work anymore for me and I couldn't even figure out how to make beta application process work. I guess there is no hope for me.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
(10-07-2011, 04:21 AM)LavCat Wrote: I still have the Arreat Summit link on my browser's home page. But Arreat Summit doesn't work anymore for me and I couldn't even figure out how to make beta application process work. I guess there is no hope for me.

http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/ is the new link for the Arreat Summit. They changed it when they basically merged everything onto Bnet accounts.
Intolerant monkey.
(10-07-2011, 05:32 AM)Treesh Wrote:
(10-07-2011, 04:21 AM)LavCat Wrote: I still have the Arreat Summit link on my browser's home page. But Arreat Summit doesn't work anymore for me and I couldn't even figure out how to make beta application process work. I guess there is no hope for me.

http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/ is the new link for the Arreat Summit. They changed it when they basically merged everything onto Bnet accounts.

That worked thanks.

(10-07-2011, 05:52 AM)LavCat Wrote:
(10-07-2011, 05:32 AM)Treesh Wrote: http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/ is the new link for the Arreat Summit. They changed it when they basically merged everything onto Bnet accounts.

That worked thanks.

I had to go looking because I reinstalled D2 a few weeks back and realized that while some of the information is still in my brain after all these years, not all of it was still there. I was honestly surprised by just how much I did remember off the top of my head though. That shows I spent WAY too much time playing before if I can still remember stuff after 6 or 7 years of NOT playing a game.
Intolerant monkey.
(10-07-2011, 03:26 AM)Frag Wrote: Yet, you are.

It's so unfair Sad
(10-05-2011, 11:15 PM)Zarathustra Wrote: Hey, where's the Zarathustra credit?? I'll let it slide this time. Wink

Glad to see you back posting in the Lounge, man.

Travesty! We need this fixed at once! Still, looking at those credits is not only a blast from the past, it shows just how close to the community the editors were - you don't see this from many companies, and it's one thing I always loved about Blizzard.

And if Nebu is going to keep this same level of involvement with the community, I think that's a pretty good start to making an even better site.

P.S. Seeing myself on there is strange, because it's been so long and I have no idea as to why I am there! But as long as Bolty gets SUPER THANKS I have no reason to question Nebu's judgement.
The only thing I know without a doubt I contributed was a collection of screenshots. Two of them are beneath the Arctic Blast spreadsheet (because I was that idiot who decided to get level 44 Arctic Blast...)

Some of the best fun I had in LoD was during the beta test, with other Lurkers, deliberately breaking the game. I wish I had screenshots of the streets of Lut Golein, glistening with a wall-to-wall carpet of full rejuvs when we figured out how to use Lysander to dupe the things.

Yes... I'm hyped to play D3 again with other Lurkers, beta or release!
See you in Town,
-Z
(10-07-2011, 08:01 AM)Treesh Wrote: That shows I spent WAY too much time playing before if I can still remember stuff after 6 or 7 years of NOT playing a game.

Yeah, scary how many details I remember. I reinstalled it the other day, too.

I'm really eagerly awaiting D3.
--Mav
(10-12-2011, 01:32 PM)Mavfin Wrote:
(10-07-2011, 08:01 AM)Treesh Wrote: That shows I spent WAY too much time playing before if I can still remember stuff after 6 or 7 years of NOT playing a game.

Yeah, scary how many details I remember. I reinstalled it the other day, too.

I'm really eagerly awaiting D3.

I've never had DII uninstalled.
(10-10-2011, 03:51 AM)Zarathustra Wrote: Some of the best fun I had in LoD was during the beta test, with other Lurkers, deliberately breaking the game. I wish I had screenshots of the streets of Lut Golein, glistening with a wall-to-wall carpet of full rejuvs when we figured out how to use Lysander to dupe the things.

Internet archive to the rescue!

http://web.archive.org/web/2001100702145...eta-7.html

-Ell_man
Thanks!

[Image: dupe1.jpg]

Wow... that actually really brought back some memories.
See you in Town,
-Z
GFraizer,

It's really comforting knowing you're working on the new Diablo 3 site. The Arreat Summit was an amazing source of information for those who wanted to know the details and numbers behind the game.

I love the new Diablo 3 site already, especially the skill calculator. That feature was quite the pleasant surprise (I've spent hours creating builds already!)

Thanks so much for Arreat Summit and for what's to come in the new Diablo 3 site. I'll be sure to do what I can to to report information or errors.

Cheers,
-MonTy