Welcome!
(09-09-2011, 02:25 AM)Sabra Wrote:
(09-08-2011, 10:56 AM)EspyLacopa Wrote: Diablo III, complete with Secret Pony Level

Oh Noes! This mean that I have to buy DeeBye's son a pony!

I think he would say, "Why did this crazy lady buy me a pony? I wish she bought me a dirtbike".

He still has that cow btw, and even sleeps with it Smile
(09-09-2011, 03:14 AM)DeeBye Wrote:
(09-09-2011, 02:25 AM)Sabra Wrote:
(09-08-2011, 10:56 AM)EspyLacopa Wrote: Diablo III, complete with Secret Pony Level

Oh Noes! This mean that I have to buy DeeBye's son a pony!

I think he would say, "Why did this crazy lady buy me a pony? I wish she bought me a dirtbike".

He still has that cow btw, and even sleeps with it Smile

I require a photo at this point. And I mean a real one, Dee. If you don't want to publish one here, PM me. <screenshot or it didn't happen> Heart
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
(09-09-2011, 03:39 AM)Sabra Wrote: I require a photo at this point. And I mean a real one, Dee. If you don't want to publish one here, PM me. <screenshot or it didn't happen> Heart

Lol, I'll do my best to provide a picture. Not sure that I want to post a picture of my 8 (almost 9!) year old son sleeping with his stuffed toys on the internet though.
(09-13-2011, 03:34 AM)DeeBye Wrote:
(09-09-2011, 03:39 AM)Sabra Wrote: I require a photo at this point. And I mean a real one, Dee. If you don't want to publish one here, PM me. <screenshot or it didn't happen> Heart

Lol, I'll do my best to provide a picture. Not sure that I want to post a picture of my 8 (almost 9!) year old son sleeping with his stuffed toys on the internet though.

Two Words Private Message

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Quote:Welcome back, Zoid. You last visited: 03-13-2007
Well, I guess it has been a while.

I finally quit WoW this year after six years of raiding. Diablo III is probably going to be my next passion. The current beta stuff that's showing up looks delicious.

/// Zoid.
(09-15-2011, 07:32 PM)Zoid Wrote:
Quote:Welcome back, Zoid. You last visited: 03-13-2007
Well, I guess it has been a while.

I finally quit WoW this year after six years of raiding. Diablo III is probably going to be my next passion. The current beta stuff that's showing up looks delicious.

Zoid! Welcome back to the other side of the fence.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Kind of quiet here! I still recognize some old names... I didn't know Zoid was a member!

I'm retiring from WoW. We finally got H-Rag a couple weeks ago and recruited my probable replacement this week, so my WoW time looks to be dwindling down in anticipation of Diablo III. I was showering this morning, and as often happens, I had some random thoughts. Today's was "I wonder if the LL is still going?". I was a bit disappointed to see that the forum database was flipped around the same time diabloii.net's was, but that I'd never re-registered.

Nothing news-y or theorycraft-y posted here yet. There's been a bit of work done at diablo.incgamers.com, mostly by a single enthusiastic Barbarian beta tester, but in general, those forums are a bit too public for good discussion. Here's hoping things pick up here with release; I know I'll certainly post my findings here first. Looking forward to many years of Diablo III, item tables and bug sleuthing!
(08-30-2011, 03:31 AM)DeeBye Wrote: A beard contest? I usually grow a huge shaggy beard for winter, but this means I might have to start a few months early.

My wife has no say about my beard. I don't tell her her when she is allowed to ovulate and stuff, and she doesn't tell me when I am allowed to grow a beard.

Who gets the say if she decides to ovulate into your beard?
(09-20-2011, 02:49 PM)Grayson Carlyle Wrote: Nothing news-y or theorycraft-y posted here yet.

!

I admit it's crappy, but it *IS* theorycrafty!

Welcome back, Grayson! /salut
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Theorycrafting in these early days is mainly hot air, fun but essentially fruitless. Love it, though. A subforum with build-suggestions would be cool. Smile

I was a Lurker (and a HC Eurobasiner) until WoW hit the D2 community 6 or so years ago - now after 4 years of raiding and a couple of burned-out years I'm finding Cataclysm mindnumbingly boring (nay - mindkillingly boring). I'm looking forward to the simpler pleasures of the D3 HC experience (no corpse runs).
(09-29-2011, 03:12 PM)Qrt Wrote: Theorycrafting in these early days is mainly hot air, fun but essentially fruitless. Love it, though. A subforum with build-suggestions would be cool. Smile

Agreed, and no one seems to really care about the little bits of work I've put forth so far which is why I stopped. It's fun, but if it's not interesting to the community, might as well save the effort for when it is.
I did. Just felt like it was going to be the Frag and Conc show and people were going to say "get a room" or something.

I think it's a bit early to put too much effort into it though, stuff is changing pretty significantly almost on a weekly basis. Other stuff needs testing at higher level than beta characters can be to be able to even know (like how does the familiar's +40% damage rune interact with other damage buffs, or do the mirror images generated by the teleport rune have the same rune properties mirror images you cast do if you have mirror image runed?) So to some extent it's a little bit of a fruitless endeavor.

Also the weapon stuff will likely change too. For example, there are other +% increases available. If '+x% wizard damage' on a wand isn't considered part of the "base" damage, then wands would scale poorer with other items that have '+x% wizard damage' on them, and 2H weapons would be the best wizard wepons. Good to look at, but even if you figure out how it all interacts without having a beta key, you can't post in the beta bug / feedback forums without a key.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
I have an ally who is in the F&FA, and while we can't get together regularly due to life schedules (She isn't sleeping atm, lol, and I have a newborn who I love to much to leave often.) she has been an enormous asset as I can request some information and given enough prodding, get an answer. Smile

That's how I know about Fracture taking full hits and disappearing, Arcane Orbit being a Hit -1s - Hit - 1s - etc.. rotation, or +wizard damage% being applied across the board and not to just the wand. Currently, I'm waiting to hear back if there is a 'smart' tooltip option that will update based on your runes/items and show the final amount of what your skills do pre-mitigation. Also waiting to hear about what hatred per second is regenning at with the changes.
I look forward to the Lurkerlounge being at the forefront of the Diablo III community, just like back in D2 days Smile
Disarm you with a smile Smile
(09-29-2011, 07:44 PM)Concillian Wrote: Just felt like it was going to be the Frag and Conc show and people were going to say "get a room" or something.

Personally, I would look forward to that!

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!