iPhone app
Do you guys plan on adding a pluggin to the forum so we can use iPhones and or iPads via an app?

Thanks
[Image: 5033361PxcMp.png]
It would give me a reason to look at writing an app, something I have been toying with .
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
Let me know I would love to help.
Hmm.

A custom app would be pretty killer, though.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Yeah that bb addon would work I think.
It's hard to tell from the info provided, but it sounds like the mod on this forum would be free to install. What about the app, though? Is that where the company makes their money - end users have to buy the app to read the forum?
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
(08-05-2011, 07:18 PM)Bolty Wrote: It's hard to tell from the info provided, but it sounds like the mod on this forum would be free to install. What about the app, though? Is that where the company makes their money - end users have to buy the app to read the forum?

Looks like it's $3 on iTunes.
I will keep browsing on safari at that price. Let me see if I can find any interesting ways to do an ipod app for forums.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
There are some free apps I'll post them later today.
A mobile phone browser has now been installed. Coming here on a smartphone or iPad should yield a more smartphone-friendly look. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Sexy!!!
After playing with for a few minutes, it really works well. Thanks for doing this I really appreciate it.

Looks clean, feels good. Thanks a bunch Smile

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Works well on my Galaxy Nexus. Will other colour schemes be made available?
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
(01-25-2012, 05:28 PM)LennyLen Wrote: Works well on my Galaxy Nexus. Will other colour schemes be made available?

If I'm bored someday, sure. I don't think you get an option, though - there's only one color scheme that can be used. So, if I change it, it's changed for everyone. What are you thinking, something more like the standard web colors?
Can you put a link near the top on it to go to the normal version? I've got a Xoom tablet from work (likely to be replaced by an eePad Transformer Prime) and I have plenty of screen for the normal version of the site but since it's running Android 4 it gets shuffled to mobile sites by default most of the time.

I know there is a link down in the bottom bar to swap between mobile and standard version but that is something that I've always felt should be presented earlier on the page as well. Not a big deal, just a thought.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
It looks fantastic on my iphone.

You rock man.
(01-26-2012, 03:19 PM)Gnollguy Wrote: Can you put a link near the top on it to go to the normal version?

Done, finally.
Did the mobile browser stuff get updated recently? Safari has taken a massive dump on the look now
Looks like a recent forum upgrade borked up the mobile look. I'll see what I can do.