GFX fix for Windows 7 Users
Bug 
So you know that if your a Windows 7 user that trying to start up Diablo that you'll have some nasty graphics repurcussions. Wellll..... I've been trolling the intarwebs and have found an answer! Well, at least... one that worked for me...

What you should do before starting up Diablo is EXIT EXPLORER! USE TASK MANAGER TO KILL THE ENTIRE PROCESS! Then from the new task box, run diablo. Should be fine now. When finished owning the fudgemuffins out of Diablo, simply use task manager to start explorer back up again.

If it did work, make a batch file on your desktop with the following code:

@echo off
TASKKILL /f /im explorer.exe
[Your Diablo drive and directory for the executable here]\DIABLO.EXE

And then just use task manager after done to run explorer again.
There's already a pinned thread with all this information (and more) here.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
(01-01-2012, 07:22 PM)LennyLen Wrote: There's already a pinned thread with all this information (and more) here.

Well then.

... I think I'll go back to bed.
I'd also suggest to take a look at some of the alternative methods though and see if they work for you. Killing explorer may keep the color pallet from swapping but it would kind of limit what you can do with the computer while running Diablo.
(01-05-2012, 01:20 PM)Nystul Wrote: I'd also suggest to take a look at some of the alternative methods though and see if they work for you. Killing explorer may keep the color pallet from swapping but it would kind of limit what you can do with the computer while running Diablo.

In a way, maybe. Unless you know your way around a command prompt.
I am running an issue since I used the .reg file from Blizzard's FTP. I cannot see the icons on Battle.net chat anymore. Well, sometimes they appear, but most (90%) of the time they won't (pretty much random). If I click on the account name I can see the icon most of the time, but not always. Also sometimes, random again, when I come back from alt-tab I can see all the icons as normal, until I click on the account names or somewhere in this section.

I am using Windows 7 home premium 64 bits. Playing Diablo on a virtual drive with Daemon tools to avoid some CD lag when switching gear or whatever. If it can help, my graphics card is a XFX Radeon HD 6870

I also run into another issue, I used to not have it (that was before I formatted my HDD) then since I formatted and reainstalled everything, I get some random color glitch while playing. I mean the main color glitch is fixed, but at random moments, the colors will bug and will look exactly the same as they are with the common color glitch. However, when this bug happens, I can temporarily fix it by fiddling with the gamma in the in-game options. But I still find it annoying because it can happen at any moment and have no idea what is causing this, especially cause I used to not have this issue.

Sorry if my english is bad or whatever, this isn't my primary language.