Looking for a sweet spot to farm mithril.
I'm taking my DK Blacksmithing, and I"m stuck on mining and Bs-ing in the 240's. I have the plan in place on how to get powerleveled on the smithing, but I can't seem to find a good spot to find mithril that isn't crowded.

Does anyone know of a "sweet spot"? By that I mean, It's normally not farmed, out of the way, secluded? It doesn't even necessarily need a high concentration of nodes, just a nice place to farm away without running into 20 other people with the same idea.

So far, I've tried Tanaris and the Hinterlands. Those were the highest pop for nodes, but they were also the highest pop of farmers.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
Quote:I'm taking my DK Blacksmithing, and I"m stuck on mining and Bs-ing in the 240's. I have the plan in place on how to get powerleveled on the smithing, but I can't seem to find a good spot to find mithril that isn't crowded.

Does anyone know of a "sweet spot"? By that I mean, It's normally not farmed, out of the way, secluded? It doesn't even necessarily need a high concentration of nodes, just a nice place to farm away without running into 20 other people with the same idea.

So far, I've tried Tanaris and the Hinterlands. Those were the highest pop for nodes, but they were also the highest pop of farmers.

If you have the funds, try to aquire some ore that is orange to you whenever possible. I took my DK from 1 to 300 mining almost entirely from prospecting ore I had stored off on one of my alts, and only had to actually had to gain 20-30 points from riding around hitting nodes the entire time.
Jormuttar is Soo Fat...
Quote:I'm taking my DK Blacksmithing, and I"m stuck on mining and Bs-ing in the 240's. I have the plan in place on how to get powerleveled on the smithing, but I can't seem to find a good spot to find mithril that isn't crowded.

I've always liked Charred Vale for Mithril. I fell in love with it way way back when I was L30 something and needing mithril it was nice have a place to mine without higher level mobs. It's not the best and there are folks who know about it, but I do recall getting just over 1 mithril per minute in there later on when I was on my L40 mount (I guess they are L30 mounts now).

But as morde says if you have stock piles of lower stuff smelting is a massive help.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Maybe the entrance to winterspring? there's a good bet people farming that zone will be on the other side looking for thorium. Worth a shot.

wow profession map.
Quote:I took my DK from 1 to 300 mining almost entirely from prospecting ore I had stored off on one of my alts,
You JC, you.

~Frag:lol:
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Quote:You JC, you.

~Frag:lol:

Have you SEEN my JC tanking trinket? Have you? =)
Jormuttar is Soo Fat...
Quote:Have you SEEN my JC tanking trinket? Have you? =)
No, because you're always Ret when I look at your wowarmory profile.
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
Problem is, Mithril is 60g a stack, and I'm a cheap bastard. That's my next 3 skill ups, and then it becomes 1 skill up for 60g. I HATE the mithril portion of blacksmithing (I was able to shrink the mats for thorium but not for mithril).

EDIT: And thanks for the spots. I will check those places out. I wasn't aware that the charred vale had mithril. THat's in Stonetalon right?
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
Quote:EDIT: And thanks for the spots. I will check those places out. I wasn't aware that the charred vale had mithril. THat's in Stonetalon right?

Yep, very low level zone for mithril.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
You said you've already tried Tanaris, but you might want to give the cliff facing Un'goro Crater a try. There are nodes all along the cliff, and they are a bit out of the way.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Quote:No, because you're always Ret when I look at your wowarmory profile.

So not true. I'm prot right now even (cause I tanked Naxx25 last night). Don't blink though =)

Actually, I will be prot for a bit. I have a new axe to enjoy (and skill up on).
Jormuttar is Soo Fat...
I farmed Tanaris and I believe STV for Mitrhil. I especially recall the cave in STV with the Baselisks.
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
Quote:Those are mostly Thorium though? At least I did my thorium mining circling ungoro, dipping tothe center mountain, then circle again, etc. Can't recall I found much mithril. Been a while though.

No, in Taranis still, not in Un'goro. Along the top of the crater ridge in Tanaris there are literally tons of Mithril nodes. Between Zul'Farrak and the Western Hive in Taranis you should find a lot of Mithril in the area (along with some Iron).
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Quote:No, in Taranis still, not in Un'goro. Along the top of the crater ridge in Tanaris there are literally tons of Mithril nodes. Between Zul'Farrak and the Western Hive in Taranis you should find a lot of Mithril in the area (along with some Iron).

Yes, sorry, I saw my mistake and modified my post. Darn your quickness!:D
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.