Quality Level Items
Hello all!

I have another question. I'm a rogue, playing single player, and am wondering if the quality level of item/player level affects the appearance of the items in the dungeon.

Example: Currently I am a level 21 rogue. Let's say I've restarted the game with the same character several times so that on dungeon level 5, I am a level 21 character. If Jarulf's guide states that unique bow Eaglehorn is a quality level item 26 and can be found on dungeon level 15, can it actually be found on another dungeon level, say 12?

I ask because before I 'found' this discussion forum, I found an eaglehorn (or might have been windforce, it was several months ago) and sold it because I didn't know what I was doing! he he! I don't remember which dungeon I found it on, I know it wasn't dungeon level 15 because I haven't gotten that high in the game before. The highest level I've gotten to was I believe 13 (?).

Thank you all in advance!
Enjoy your day :-)

Wendy
The quality of items in the dungeon is determined by the type of monster that drops it, or the dungeon level if it was not dropped by a monster. Nothing about your character has any impact on this.

Eaglehorn is most commonly found on level 15 (based on multiplayer layout), but it can be found earlier. A few boss enemies in the caves could drop it, and many enemies throughout hell or any barrel or chest in hell.
Nystul,

Thanks! I've often wondered how quality level affects items found.

Another question, do the items you have affect items found or are able to be bought from Griswald/Wirt? For instance, let's say I have a "Bow of the Stars", would that make me more likely to get/be offered a "Jade bow of the stars"? Or is it all random?

Thank you!
Wendy
Quote:Another question, do the items you have affect items found or are able to be bought from Griswald/Wirt? For instance, let's say I have a "Bow of the Stars", would that make me more likely to get/be offered a "Jade bow of the stars"? Or is it all random?

For shopping in town, the only thing that has an effect on item generation is the level of the character, so no, it doesn't matter what items you already have.

If you want a more in-depth explanation of how item generation works, you might want to look at chapters 3.8 and 3.9 of Jarulf's Guide.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
(04-30-2010, 12:36 AM)LennyLen Wrote: For shopping in town, the only thing that has an effect on item generation is the level of the character

In multiplayer. In singleplayer it depends only on the lowest dungeon level visited.
(04-30-2010, 02:03 PM)weakwarrior Wrote:
(04-30-2010, 12:36 AM)LennyLen Wrote: For shopping in town, the only thing that has an effect on item generation is the level of the character

In multiplayer. In singleplayer it depends only on the lowest dungeon level visited.

Ah yes, you're right. I forget people still play Single Player.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields