New Forum - Known Issues And Bugs
Known bugs/issues:

1) When previewing a post that is a reply, the title will revert to "RE: Original Thread Title," even if when originally writing a reply you had changed your post title. This is a known bug with the threaded view hack, and will eventually be corrected. For now, just re-type your desired title if you're previewing a post and you want to have a different title.

2) Possible cookie problems with Netscape, thus losing track of your login and read posts. Specifics unknown at this point, but if you have a similar problem, let us know and maybe we can get to the bottom of it.

3) The bad word filter does not apply to poll entries. Abuse that at your own risk. Remember that I run this site PG-13 style, and I don't tolerate anything above that. I like to think of this as being a site that would be ok for my kids to read if I had any.

4) The forum has one skin set at the moment, based off the "main" theme for the LL site. Soon (should be before the forum becomes the only one) I'll have the Diablo 2 and Diablo forums skinned to match their individual themes. Skinning in this forum is more complicated than in DCForum, but I have much more control over the look, which is sweet. Took me an entire day to skin up this color set. I feel it's better than the current DCForum look (more colorful, less drab - although you guys know I LOVE the drab look).

5) The icon on the board main index page to represent new/no-new posts in a forum is the IPB default one, and that's cause I can't find/draw (I have no artistic talent) a better image that's 28x28 pixels. Suggestions/ideas welcome.

So far, that's all Griselda, Lemming, and myself have noticed during our setup and playtesting time. I'm sure there will be a few other things that slipped past us, so if you notice an issue that has yet to be mentioned on this forum, make it a new thread and everyone can discuss it.

Suggestions are also quite welcome. Some things may be possible, some might not, but it can't hurt to ask, right?

-Bolty :rolleyes:
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Anyway you can change the icons of the "Reply, Quote, New Post, etc?" The light blue doesn't exactly work with the rest of the theme. It's not that important but just wondering if it's possible.

Just noticed that the time that the forum uses seems to be fast by eight minutes, again not exactly an Earth shattering issue but just thought you might want to know.
Erigion,Feb 11 2003, 10:11 PM Wrote:Anyway you can change the icons of the "Reply, Quote, New Post, etc?" The light blue doesn't exactly work with the rest of the theme. It's not that important but just wondering if it's possible.

Just noticed that the time that the forum uses seems to be fast by eight minutes, again not exactly an Earth shattering issue but just thought you might want to know.
The icons can be changed, yes; however, I lack the artistic talent to do it RIGHT. It's the whole shading thing. :( Or even custom icons can be made.

The forum time IS fast. I have to figure out exactly how fast and then place a time modifier on the clock (yes, this forum software can even do that!).

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:5) The icon on the board main index page to represent new/no-new posts in a forum is the IPB default one, and that's cause I can't find/draw (I have no artistic talent) a better image that's 28x28 pixels. Suggestions/ideas welcome.

Have you considered the 'New Skill' cross-box icon, scaled down?

-- Erthshade
Ooo that would be nice... the red one when there are new posts and the grayed out one when there are none. Mmmm....
Erthshade,Feb 11 2003, 10:38 PM Wrote:Have you considered the 'New Skill' cross-box icon, scaled down?
Now why can't I think of cool stuff like that?

I'll try it this weekend, photoshopping it all up.

-Bolty
I like to see who's posted in a thread...helps me decide if its worth reading ;) . Great Job, Bolty. Definite style points for the new board.

And yes I am the same Oomphaak who was extremely mad when I found out that elemental arrows did not leech :angry: .

But thanks to this esteemed board ( and the old crazy puple one ) I now know WHY.

Thank you, Bolty

Oomph-aak

Edit;

Nevermind, I just now saw the the big bold SET THREADED VIEW control right at the top, Duh.
If you want the threaded view to be the default, you can go to "my controls" (also at the top right) and set it to use the threaded view in your preferences.

-Griselda
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
Bolty,Feb 12 2003, 02:37 AM Wrote:5) The icon on the board main index page to represent new/no-new posts in a forum is the IPB default one, and that's cause I can't find/draw (I have no artistic talent) a better image that's 28x28 pixels.  Suggestions/ideas welcome.
That's my only complain :P
Well, that and the Reply, Quote, New Post icons but you are already working on that.

c2
Peace.
[Image: milkbox.jpeg]
I take it you can't do much else with the threading than what the hack gives you? I like having threading but I really miss having it threaded and showing the text of the posts (I don't like doing all the clicking). Or am I just and idjiit and not seeing any other threading options? I just want the thread and the content of the post visible, that was like the only good part of the old board.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
I'll echo what Gnollguy said. Being able to see only one post at a time in threaded mode is a bit of a bother. Unless we're both just idjits...

*wanders off in search of other threading options...*

-G.
Even the mountains
Last not forever:
Someday they, too, shall
Crumble to dust.
Grayloch,Feb 12 2003, 02:42 PM Wrote:I'll echo what Gnollguy said. Being able to see only one post at a time in threaded mode is a bit of a bother. Unless we're both just idjits...

*wanders off in search of other threading options...*

-G.
You're not idjits. :huh: This is the only threaded mod out there for this forum software - it's either this or no threading at all. I too like to be able to see the whole thread PLUS threading, but that's simply not going to be an option here. Unless you're really good at coding PHP and decide to make your own mod. :blink: The source code's free to download at http://www.invisionboard.com after all!

-Bolty
I just had to check, I miss obvious things somtimes.. I might actually look at that source on it. I am working on a threading hack for ikonboard stuff right now actually.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
"Unless you're really good at coding PHP and decide to make your own mod."

Heh. I don't even know what PHP stands for, let alone how to code with it. I guess I'll just have to get used to clicking a lot. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. I do think this forum looks nicer than the old one and I do appreciate your efforts. :)

*wanders off in search of a balm for his clicking finger*

-G.
Even the mountains
Last not forever:
Someday they, too, shall
Crumble to dust.