The (not So) Ancients
Hey everybody!!! I LOVE the new forum!

Anyway, would 2 of you peoplz be interested in playing in The (Not So) Ancients, a PWYF HC party of 3 barbs using the same skills as the ancients as well as similiar appearing equipment etc?

Wait for times plz, If you've read any of my other posts, then ou already now I am a moron and destroyed my D2 CD. :angry:

EDIT: GREAT!!! I guess we have our whirlwinder then. I'de like to play the thrower (Korlic???), and that leaves a leap attacker.

I can play on West most easily. Anybody who needs a softcore rush to make HC characters is welcome. Perhaps it would be wise to play this softcore though, as none of us seem to have much experience with our characters. (I have played some high level barbs, but never a thrower.)

As for times....How does Saturday's from around 5:00 PM on sound? (Eastern Time) We could play an act per session, or more or less as desired.

If this agrees with you go ahead and post your usernames and meet next Saturday, February 22.

My account on US West is albnchld :)

EDIT: I meant the 22nd of February, Just counted the days wrong :)
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
Hey Albion Child, I'd love 2 take part in this. I've never played a barb through before though. I would have to actually practice using the godly Whirlwind! :D . Either way, what realm would this be on. I'm usually on West but have a Cable Modem(after suffering from the horrid 56k). No offense to those using it. It served me for such a long time, I still play like lag is around every corner. Man, did I go off track. Sorry. Back on topic, just give me time, whichever realm, and i'll see what I can work out. This week would be an exception. I'm on a president's day/ski week off of school. Yes!! No fat essay reports of the sort! Sorry again, I got off track. Well, hope to hear from you soon.
Sure, I'll give it a try! :D

WARNING: I too, have no high level barbs (over lvl 15).

Code:
just trying out all these buttons
  • Click 'cancel'
    <>
  • or leave blank
    <>
  • to end the list<>
    [st]
You guys have heard of the fourth ancient barbarian named Vladimir, haven't you? He, um, uses an... a... maul... and he, uh... hits people with it?

Ah nuts! I kinda (Very much) wanted to take part in this, but it looks like you already have three characters... :unsure:
A plague of exploding high-fives.
hey, just 4 u 2 know, the 24 of Feb. is a monday.
Even though u said that it would be on Saturday, i think u just lost track of the days.
My account name is gfreak. Saturdays would work out okay but the time is a little hard. 5 pm est. is difficult 2 manage 4 me. Another note is that i might not make it 2 all the gaming sessions. It would be okay 2 me if u accepted sheep over me because of my lack of being able to get on every session of play time.
If four people wanted to play, maybe you guys could add another character such as a barb mercenary or something else. Just to accomodate all the people...

-Wapptor (btw, I personally am not interested, just trying to help)
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true."
-- James Branch Cabell
What about a Baal type character? The Ancients ARE guarding him, right?
I think the ancients are guarding the worldstone, but either way, I lie the idea of a barb Merc character in case of extra people. I sent a private message to everybody who expressed interest, so chec your inboxes!!! :rolleyes:
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
Seems no one expressed particular interest in the Leaper. I'm not that keen on playing a leaper either, but it'll do.

If someone else wants the leaper, go ahead. I'll be a "merc" as. What about two throwers, each using another warcry? It's not like one thrower is going to do much damage anyway :P
Hmmmmmm, the ambition to play this variant came to mind mainly because I wanted to play a thrower.

A leap attack barb does seem pretty boring though. Would you (AssA) find it more interesting if you where allowed to use concentrate and berzerk?

Also, though I'm basically certain on how these guys should be built, I'll post the idea here to get some more insight.

Thrower- uses double throw, throw mastery, and shout. Iron skin also fits in with his defense theme.
He also may only use "light" armour. May use any 2 throwing weapons, but axes are preffered. might also use axe mastery.

WW- use WW, resist, increasespeed, mastery. Red armour (poison resist, berserkers, life bonus such as "of the whale," or Rubied) and a sword and sheild. Preferably the sword should do fire damage.

Leaper- Use leap, polearm mastery, LA, Warcry, concentrate, berserk. Use only "heavy" armour.
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
OK, just need to get a few things straight. First, when is this again? Second, I'd like to play maybe the WW barb, or thrower, or leaper. In that order. If someone else really wants one, give it to them, I'm not really that picky. They're ALL new to me :)
Hey Refrigerator,

I think I would like to be the whirlwinder if possible. However, if you REALLY want to do the whirlwinder, i'll settle for the thrower i guess. Your call man. I would appreciate it if i could be the whirlwinder but whatever, life goes the way life wants.

Just because i'm lazy, i was wondering, would this really be on HC because i'm thinking it would be pretty darn hard to get through without some of us restarting a lot.
As I said before, it really doesn't matter that much to me which one I am. (at least I think I said it before) I'll take whoever's left. :)
Hey Fridge,

If there is nobody who wants to be that stupid guy Madawc, ILL BE HIM (he suits my "personality" :blink: ). I just think it would b fun to be a useless pussy battle shouting, double throwing dude.

--- accnt name. *Limp_B (if u want to have me on the team)
When in doubt, there is only one thing to do......

HAMMA TIME!

Check me out on USEast at wza.occhi
Actually, I'm gonna step out and let Sheep play. Lately the idea of playing a cleric has been growing in my mind....
Just wondering, if i were 2 drop out because of other business (god i hope that never happens ;) ) would there be someone to take my place?
Yo,

Ill take ur place man

acct name *Limp_B on USEast
When in doubt, there is only one thing to do......

HAMMA TIME!

Check me out on USEast at wza.occhi
I was just wondering if there would be a back up because i just switched comps. and wont be able to install D2 because of my own laziness. :P This is just a warning, if u want to take my place, by all means, go ahead, i really do not mind that much.
I'll play the leaper barb but i'll have to make a new account on west.

Send dates and times by e-mail if I can still join. e-mail is " bradrich90@hotmail.com "

Hope to hear from you soon
Wow....wut an old post...and its still on the first page of the board...... :blink:
To learn how to keep an idiot busy, look down.
To learn how to keep an idiot busy...look up.

Blabbering nonesence,

--::x||[XOblivionX]||x::--