Playersx Question
Dumb question, but I've been paying alot more attention to my D2LOD characters lately after having a long period of time off. I've seen alot of discussion on the "playersX" command/option, and am a little comfused:

I'm assuming the point is to simulate the monster HP and XP rates used in a game with X players as though it was created on Battle.net while allowing a single player to clean up on drops and XP. Question is, exactly how would one put the option into effect? Do I need to be connected to a network to generate an IP for the computer to assume a network multiplayer setting?

Is there somewhere that I should look for this info so I don't bother the lurkers too much?
ah bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bob
dyah ah dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dth
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Once in game, hit ENTER and where you'd normally type messages to people, type players 5 or players 8 (Any number from 1 to 8 ).

First Column: Player Count
Second Column: Monster Experience
Third Column: Monster Hit Points

1 100% 100%
2 175% 200%
3 250% 300%
4 325% 375%
5 375% 450%
6 400% 525%
7 425% 575%
8 450% 625%
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Quote:Once in game, hit ENTER and where you'd normally type messages to people, type players 5 or players 8 (Any number from 1 to 8 ).

Thanks much. I guess I'm always trying to make things too difficult (pun intended).
I'll have to try it as soon as I get home...
ah bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bob
dyah ah dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dth
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee