Inferno Sorc?
Hey, im just wondering if anyone has ever heard of and inferno sorc with maxed out inferno and fire mastery. If you have heard of it, im wondering if it would be any good. :blink:
Is the truth really out there?

-X files doubters
Good? Perhaps. Fun? Heck yeah! :D
-TheDragoon
Ok, now im wondering if you have sugestions for extra's build and perhaps a few suggestions for equipment. :)
Is the truth really out there?

-X files doubters
Well I've built an inferno sorc before. The biggest problem wih the build in my mind is that there aren't any really good support skills for it that I can think of. The build I did was an inferno/frozen orb sorc, but its hard not to just orb anything thats not cold immune. Basically as far as items go the main thing is the leaf staff. You can buy a 2 socketed one in act 1 normal with good extra skills. Like I bought one that had +3 inferno on it (and other skills) which upped my inferno even higher. I've also found them with +3 fire mastery so it should be possible to find them with both inferno and fire mastery skills which would be just about perfect. When I built mine I went just the normal uniques with skills route: shako, 2 soj's, magefist, vipermagi, maras. What could be a better option though is to get a circlet with +3 fire skills and an amulet with the same. That should boost your inferno even higher. The main thing with inferno is you need as many points into it and fire mastery as possible to really make it the most effective. I've been thinking of trying that with mine and seeing if maybe it makes it easier for me to stick with inferno too. Orb would be 4 skills weaker and inferno/fire mastery two skills stronger. So I might be able to orb to chill things then inferno to kill them more effectively. Though if you use a holy freeze merc (I don't remember which mine uses) then you don't really need to use orb to chill and you can just inferno away. Fire skill charms would also help of course, but I never bothered with them. Another possible way you could do the build is a high defense one. Since when you are using inferno you are standing still and getting hit interupts it having a high defense would help you get interupted less. So you could max one of the cold armors to up your defence and wear an armor with a skill point and high defense instead of vipermagi which I wore. So obviously Arkaine's Valor would be best for this, but Que-Hegan's Wisdom or Que-Hegan's Wisdom could work too. You also might even consider Naj's Light Plate above all those except the Valor. I don't know if a high defence inferno sorc would work well or not, but its an idea. As I said to start with, my main stumbling block with the build is what do you use as your secondary skill to compliment your inferno.
You would also need a good amount of mana and a higher level warmth to feed the mana-guzzling Inferno. As for more information, I seem to remember there being an Inferno Sorceress guide on the old Lurker Lounge... Perhaps you should go do a search there! :)
-TheDragoon
I'm building one right now, and I'm using Blizzard as support skill. It works very well:)
Wretched is the man who values flag over humanity.

Monkeycid@theamazonbasin.com
I'm doing one right now with Chain Lightning as a secondary. It works well in that there's not much need for FastCast on either build, and since I'm only using CL as a support skill, I feel comfortable with slightly less then optimal gear - mainly a fast 1-handed weapon and 3DT for resists. I haven't decided if I'm going to stick with an orb or a Leaf staff on the main weapon switch.

The downside is that it eats a lot of skill point to max two skills and two masteries.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Defense + a good blocking shield would definately help. Support skill is a little interesting, but I'd recommend using a good area-of-effect spell thats fairly low in level (like Charged Bolt or one of the Novas) to help with situations in which Inferno's linearity gets you in trouble (middle of a horde, twisty-turny places like the Arcane Sanctuary, etc.). It might even be worth it to try one of the Cold Armors for the extra defense and chilling effect. If you do go with an Infernosorcie, good luck! :)
I'm not sure about the high blocking shield part. I would worry that it would increase the chance that when something swings at you that your inferno will get interupted because of the block. I'm not sure what order it does things though. If it does their chance to hit first so if they miss then there is no need to block then it might be alright since their hit would probably interupt you anyway if it went through. If it does the chance to block before the chance to hit then it would be bad. You would then be blocking blows that weren't actually going to hit you anyway. Thus causing inferno to be interupted more often. I also don't know exactly what determines being interupted. Do they have to hit for a certain percent of you life or will any hit do? Basically you would want to make the chance of your inferno being interupted as small as possible. A good armor, a cold shield, and a defiance merc would sure help in that regard. I would be careful about using a shield. Also since leaf can only be put in staves which are two-handed a shield wouldn't work too well in that respect either except on weapon switch maybe.
I recently made an inferno sorc, with a secondary of nova. It's gone rather nicely, with the exception of nova guzzling more mana than anything I've ever seen before. I use Leaf, though the best two-socketed staff I managed to find was a +1 warmth. Inferno itself is working quite well. Nova... sucks too much mana. I have a habit of putting a lot of points into Vit, and I don't have much mana. I'm hoping to land a Stone sometime, but that's entirely dependent on luck. I don't miss blocking, but maybe that's because I've never played a sorc that didn't use a staff. I simply hired an act 5 merc, and though he isn't great at killing things (he's fallen a bit behind my level and has only mediocre gear), he attracts critters long enough for me to flame them. Cold armors would probably be a help, but I'm spending all my points on firet masteries. I'm too stingy to even put two points into getting teleport. For equipment, something with +mana, especially on jewelry and such, will be helpful. Circlets would probably provide valuable skill adders, but I haven't found any good ones yet. A stealth runeword armor might help - I'm using a trellised armor of the squid, IIRC.

Not much more advice I can give you. I haven't gotten to Hell yet, and I'll probably die before I get there (I play almost entirely HC). But it works well through NM, at least.
Faragon's Inferno Sorceress Guide

I like lightning as a secondary skill, and its mastery is soooo much more scalable. I think TS, and either charged bolts, or chain lightning might be a good complement to the inferno sorceress' tactics.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

I wouldnt go lightning as secondary skill, i took charged bolt as secondary skill for my inferno sorc and LEB's was a major pita. Your inferno will start a lot of sparks and lightning wont do much damage because the leb's resistance to lightning.
Unless you go tri-mentalist you will always have that problem with boss immunity to one or more of the elements. Just because she is focused on inferno, doesn't mean that she couldn't spare a few points to get hydra.

Sometimes, like this guy in Hell difficulty, you just have to park him and leave him. He heals himself faster than you can kill him.
[Image: Bremm.jpg]
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]