A Pk'ers Tale Of Murphy's Law
This (true) story started off with my infamous DR sorceress entering an act 5 hell game in the hardcore USWest realm. I was scavenging pk's from what games I could. I guess I was tagged for some reason because I could only see 3-4 games at a time and one of them was called TAGGED ONLY. To this day I upsets me how that happened (I just hit escape twice when i failed to join instead of waiting for the black screen to say failed to join game and got realm down for a long time and tagged... so sad). So I enter this game and see this paladin with his will and testament in his hand already trying desperately to level in bloody hills. I just barley enter bloody hills, one foot already in town, and cast my passive spells: Thunderstorm, frozen armor, mana shield. Not caring who else is in the game or who he is partied to, I re-enter town, hostile, and give chase! I manage to hit him with a TS and orb and he is almost dead when he manages to leave the game. Disheartened about my failed attempt, I search for more victims. I see a barbarian's tp emanating from halls of pain 2 so I decide to go in after him since I'm already hostile to him (everyone in the game was partied when I hostiled).

Now here is where Murphy’s law comes into play: I've told my friends more time than I can remember, and they me, never say your character is invincible - not out loud, not to anyone, not even in your head. The second you do, you've given your character a death sentence with about one week to live.

So I enter halls of pain and see the barbarian waiting for me. Ohh, a duel :D I feel greatly enthused now! I teleport over to him and we go a few rounds back and forth. First he is whirl winding me but he soon realized he isn’t giving me any damage even when he connects so after almost dying twice, he goes to town. A few seconds later (I can only assume he put on absorb gear) he comes down and - READY FOR THE MURPHY'S LAW TO TAKE EFFECT? - I lag out for one second while running towards him. In this second of lag, at this EXACT same time, my mana shield drops because... whoops, I casted mana shield to PK the paladin in hills but forgot to recast my passive spells when chasing this guy. Any because I was running, my block was 1/2. So guess what? I get one hit-killed! Had I not of lagged, I would of teleported away from his attack and recast my passive spells when I noticed they were not on. Classic Murphy’s Law.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Are you looking for sympathy?

Are you suggesting that somehow lag death ain't fair for a poor little PK? A HARDCORE PK?

I am baffled. You surely are aware by now that this is not exactly a welcoming place for grief players, especially (as has been pointed out rather clearly and strongly) cheating grief players (your *infamous* DR Sorcie).

What are you doing?
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

ShadowHM,Feb 16 2003, 12:33 AM Wrote:Are you looking for sympathy?

Are you suggesting that somehow lag death ain't fair for a poor little PK?  A HARDCORE PK?

I am baffled.  You surely are aware by now that this is not exactly a welcoming place for grief players, especially (as has been pointed out rather clearly and strongly) cheating grief players (your *infamous* DR Sorcie).

What are you doing?
..."infamous" is NOT admission that he's a cheater, Shadow. I hate PKers just as much as anyone, as well as cheaters, but simply because he chooses the word to use "infamous" doesn't make him a cheater.

Let's face it, how many DR Sorcies do you see out there? By the very nature of that, he could label his as "infamous", and be completely right. Then again, he could just be elevating his own self-esteem with it. :P And neither concludes to him being a cheater.

As to the rest... Seriously, what is with this guy? I literally had to bite my tongue to keep from telling him to "get the !@#$ out". We don't like PKers here. We see them as gried players, and as such they are ruiners of OUR enjoyment. Just because you get off to being a PITA to everyone you meet does NOT mean we have to like it OR tolerate it.

And, for the last time, Dueling is NOT the same as PKing. Period.
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Greetings MEAT,

I have read your most recent reply in the DR sorceress thread, and recognize that you are making an effort to "get acquainted" here. However, I do not feel that the two stories that you posted to this forum are conducive to either intelligent discussion or to getting acquainted at the LL.

One of the Forum Rules here states
Quote:Avoid hotbutton issues.
Basically put, there are some issues and topics that are useless to debate on an Internet forum. You'll never be able to change people's minds on hotbutton political issues such as abortion or gun control. Yet, various people always try to do just that on every forum out there. Here's the deal: many posters try to make a name for themselves by starting a thread on just such an issue just so they can have a special thrill over watching a hundred posts spring up from their inciting topic. They'll then feed the conversation along by constantly nibbling at other posters' arguments. Once the topic has dried up, they'll move on to the next one, and keep doing it for weeks, causing gargantuan threads over and over. This is known as trolling, and the moderators WILL put a stop to you if they catch you in the act.

While topics such as abortion and gun control are hotbutton issues that could apply to any forum, I'd argue that the mere mention of PKing is a hotbutton issue on this forum. That's not to say that PK'ing hasn't been debated here. In fact, we've seen just about every facet of this debate that I can imagine. I simply don't think that this discussion will be helpful here at this time.

If you are interested in getting along here, making an effort to avoid hotbutton issues will be a good beginning. Thanks.

-Griselda
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete