Poll: Ladder Characters.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I look forward to a realm where everything doesn't revolve around the almighty SOJ.
68.18%
30 68.18%
I don't care about ladder characters, I just want the new patch!
31.82%
14 31.82%
Total 44 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Ladder Characters.
Just wondering how many people will actually be playing ladder characters when the new patch arrives.
A dangerous man is a man with nothing to lose.
I just want the patch so FoxBat can get Seven Lances V2 out ^^
[Image: NewSig.png]
Release your inner dwarf. . .then get him some ale.
WoW Characters:
-Stormrage: Espy, Cafelam, RareCross, EspyLacopa
Actually I want both, but i voted the first because the SOJ economey os so corrupt.... no need to speak, we all know....
"It burns because its burning!"
I plan to only play ladder characters in 1.10. Not because I'm going to compete, but because supposedly the ladder characters will have access to things normal ones don't, and I also don't mind starting over with all-new characters. I hope my regular playing partners go ladder too.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
I like the idea of ladder chars alot, since every time he ladder is resest, you have to start all over again. That makes a *ton* of sense, as far as the trading economy is conscerned. That way you dont get uber characters popping up in moments, and it becomes alot harded to attain those higher levels, since nobody is "rushing" you past everything.

That, and the fact that your ladder characters become normal after the season is over; a very nice touch IMO.
[Image: lumsig.jpg]
I just want the new patch, 'cause I play only SP (or TCP/IP with friends). I really can't wait anymore!
[Image: lukesnewlightsaber.jpg]

An elegant weapon for a more civilized time. For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times, before the Empire.
The concept of ladder characters holds a lot of appeal to me for several reasons already mentioned. I am very excited about the prospect of starting in a "fresh" realm, however I was unaware that ladder character were turned into "normal" characters at then end of the season. That is a very interesting twist :D . Might I inquire how long a season is?
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
I cannot wait for this ladder character session, personally i think this is the best way to balance d2. Changing items and skills can never do what this will do. Also, the fact that they will be normal after the season over makes them VERY appealing. Does anyone know how long a season is by the way? I think it would be great if there was often a new season in order so that people could always jump on and get a fresh start. This could be by far the greatest thing ever to grave the d2 community!
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true."
-- James Branch Cabell
How long is a ladder season? That has not yet been disclosed by Bliz. BUT, they are sure to tell you 6 months after patch release their decision.

I voted for the patch itself. Ladder has a little appeal, but I want to see the patch changes and evidence that the Ladder chars are going to have access to other things. I understand that there is a Tower quest that noone has seen that was never released. If that's the case, I'll compete on the ladder.

As for sojs? Who needs them?! I still have 4 mules filled with them. What's the point? Just makes it easy to get things I want so all my play buddies think I'm a moron. Down with the soj. Charms, that's the ticket. Or runes.

My favorite is gonna be the thread started about the "Dumbest Things Said on the Ladder". You know, things like "How do we get to Arcane?"
Conner

God Bless our American Troops!
A better way to pay for the War than Oil
As I find myself pleasantly lost in the 7L universe, I doubt I shall return to vanilla LoD ever again. Though if I do, I will definitely play ladder characters.

ManaCraft
Lee_VanCleef on East, if you go there
Lee_VanCleef on West

Accounts are ready with seven empty slots to hit 1.10 with a vengeance! See ya there. :)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete