Sorcie's Useless Chilling Armor Vs. Inferno
I was playing through the Frigid Highlands with my level 27 Sorceress when the the little magic-casting imps got me so angry I cast Chilling Armor on myself (the 'useless' one that flings icebolts back to ranged attackers and is only good for ping-pong). So I was cruising along, actually quite content with having the little buggers slowed by Chilling Armor for me to hit with a Glacial Spike, when I get stuck next to an Inferno-casting imp on a tower. Before I am able to jump out of harm's way, the tower crumbles. Not thinking about it too much, I move on, freeing Barbarians trapped in their little jails. Soon after, I'm caught by an imp on a Crush Beast casting Inferno. This time, I realize that a steady stream of icebolts is taking the Crush Beast's health down fairly quickly while I am taking NO DAMAGE from the Inferno. "Hehe, this is fun," I think to myself.

Thinking it was a fluke, I try out the Inferno-on-Chilling-Armor thing again. And again, I suffer no damage while the Crush Beast is frozen to death. Then I try it on an imp in a tower, and again, it kills itself. Then I think, "What if this worked against Diablo's Lightning-Inferno? Imagine - his most powerful spell rendered useless!" I never actually tried it with Diablo, because at that moment I decided I'd get a Sorceress friend to test Inferno vs. Chilling Armor.

So my friend enters the game, I hostile, and we go out into the cleared Bloody Foothills. I cast Chilling Armor, and he Infernos me. What I learned:

-Another Sorceress's Inferno still hurts, but is constantly interrupted by the ice bolts.
-Chilling Armor retaliates against a Thunder Storm bolt.
-Level 20 Thunder Storm with level 20 Lightning Mastery = OUCHIES

So I party up and go back to the Frigid Highlands, where I proceed to popsiclize everything I see, a little disheartened at the fact that the bug doesnt carry over to PvP battles. :rolleyes:
Try chilling armor vs diablo's LBOD, or his fire twisty lines. I hear it is quite a sight there as well. Hmm guess you gotta make a sorc that can tank LBOD and the fire attack too though.... It works well vs any multi frame attack. Unfortunately theer are very few of those.
And bunch of Fire and Lightning resists stuff, and / or Iratha's set, and that might make for an interesting little stand off with Big D. :)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
3 perfect Diamonds in a Tower and a couple of fireghtning resist rings/ammy/circlet would probably do the trick.

Diamond-based resist=(16*3=)48 to (20*3=)60
Rainbow(for Ammy/Circlet)(level req 21)=8 to 11
Garnet/Coral Ring/Ammy=30-ish to one element

Obviously, if you were actually of high enough level to use Guardian Angel, the resistances would be almost at the cap.(depending on difficulty) Then of course, there's Energy Shield, etc. You could try throwing in those "X% Chance to cast Y when struck" items for even more fireworks(Garnet ring of Charged Bolt, for example)

I'll go try one out now. :P
Is Big D supposed to be greenish black in Hell Difficulty? Yes, I've never had the patience to legitly play past Normal. :P

Anyway, LBOD, Firewall, Firesnake, Fire Nova, none of these triggered the Chilling Armour.
Quote:Is Big D supposed to be greenish black in Hell Difficulty? Yes, I've never had the patience to legitly play past Normal.

Yay, I'm not the only one!