Help!
Hi,

Well, this isn't really in the nature of a suggestion. But if the reply to this post is obvious, perhaps it could be put in an obvious place. Like the forum FAQ.

OK, I've figured some of them out. And some are listed at the bottom of the page. But I'm clueless on others.

For instance, what does it mean if there's a dark dot in the middle of the envelope?

Why are the "level up" indicators sometimes red and sometimes gray? Does it have anything to do with new posts or unread posts or the phase of the moon?

Is there a FAQ or list or HOW_TO or link or something I've overlooked, or is figuring all this out part of the game? ;)

Any light and most heat welcome,

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Heat? Pete, you're an idiot, you stupid, dimwitted little...oh, yeah. Um, the dot in the middle of the envelope. You know, that's a REALLY good question. Why do some have dots while others don't?

The "level up" indicators are red when there are "new" posts in the forum, and grey when there aren't.

These are good FAQ additions, once someone one-ups me by posting what the dotted envelopes mean. (and also, note that those icons can be changed too if someone thinks of something neat to replace them with.)

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
I'm assuming that you mean the envelopes that change color as the post counts rise. A dot on them means that you have a reply in that thread.
Cool. How'd you know what the dot did?

I guess I should RTFM, eh?

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
A lot of the other forums I frequent have that. I guess since the threads are always moving the software makers thought it would be a good idea to show which threads you've responded to. I was kinda surprised to see DCForum not having that.

*shrugs*
I don't think you can find info on the "dot" or most other things in any manual, instruction or so at least not that is available to users. Haven't seen it on any other forum for example. I figured it out once on another forum when I search for all posts I had been author of (to look fore replies) and noted all threads that turned up had the dot :)

By the way, the difference in colour (or change of appearance) of threads with new posts and those without needs to be made more different. As it is now I sit staring wondering if that green/red is really different and brighter and thus can have new threads. On the other hand one can just go by the "arrow" for new posts but then, why the colour difference :)
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.