Iron Golem - Best to make out of?
Besides cheated items, I prefer cruels. Cruel anything. If anyone can tell me that they do not inflict the damage they should, then I will stop. Until then, I am gonna continue to destroy such nice weapons as Cruel Thunder Mauls, Cruel CS, CB, Glorious Axes, Giant Threshers, and all Cruel weapons. I have the D bucks to do it, but am I wasting my sojs? My WORST item that I made a Golem out of was a Cruel Collosus Voulge of the Lamprey (+8 life) which had 2 sockets and I gave them dual Shaels. ED on the weapon was 287%. I bought it unsocketed for 9 sojs, and that Golem is still kicking.

People say I'm nuts, but I love to play with the best I can. It's only a game, and my necro isn't going anywhere since I am a since 1.01 playing Necro. I tp to town even IF it costs me the quest or exp. I am the rare breed that heals their mercs, golems, and revives.

OK, so the question is... am I making Golems for nothing from cruels? Are they inflicting the damage or are they nerfed or what? Someone told me that I was wasting my money and time recently, so I want to ask the experts here. I buy cruels up by the dozen all the time, because I won't have an Iron Golem made from a "Helm". I want those puppies out there swinging and swacking. Am I wrong? I bought a 3 sock CCB recently with 3 Ohms in it. 217% base damage and with Ohms +150% ed. Why they did that I won't know or care, but he's gonna be a killer golem. Once Bobby passes away of course, and I would feel lonely without him.

After all, Iron Golem Necros are the elites. And I want to be that way, even if I can afford it. So anyone know my answer?
Conner

God Bless our American Troops!
A better way to pay for the War than Oil
It's not a waste.

Making a iron golem out of a cruel elite item gives a heck a lot of damage. The weapon damage is added on to the golem's base damage. However, for two handed weapons, they use the one handed damage that you would normally only see on Barbs.

One problem is that the golem has poor attack rating, but it should still pack a wallop when it does hit. You aren't really wasting money making these golems though :P Just keep them alive
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Well, that I do! :)
Conner

Conner Macleod,Feb 22 2003, 03:00 AM Wrote:OK, so the question is...  am I making Golems for nothing from cruels?  Are they inflicting the damage or are they nerfed or what?  Someone told me that I was wasting my money and time recently, so I want to ask the experts here.

After all, Iron Golem Necros are the elites.  And I want to be that way, even if I can afford it.  So anyone know my answer?
Wow. Deja vu. Seems like this is posted somewhere else... ;)

I am far from being a necro expert, but I would personally go with the low lvl pally shield with diamonds to pump the resists above 100%. Afterall, the main point of the golem is its use as a punching bag, right? While getting one with some of its own "oomph" is nice, the AR is fairly pathetic (like Archon_Wing mentioned). With the diamond shield, you've got a quad immune that is pretty cheap to replace.

If you can find it on the old forums (it looks like the search function isn't working over there), look for some topics on what kinds of items can be used. I believe a Hwanin's armor golem was one that was mentioned. I only remember that since it's on my "to-do" list. :)

Also, I don't know if the cheating stance here applies to golems. I'm only mentioning that because you said you like to make them out of "cheated items". We don't look kindly on cheaters around here (check the FAQ). Bolty and Gris can let you know their thoughts on that.

But if you can afford to replace the cruel weapons, I say go for it. Do what makes it fun for you.

Just my $0.02
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
Quote:Also, I don't know if the cheating stance here applies to golems.  I'm only mentioning that because you said you like to make them out of "cheated items".  We don't look kindly on cheaters around here (check the FAQ).  Bolty and Gris can let you know their thoughts on that.

But if you can afford to replace the cruel weapons, I say go for it.  Do what makes it fun for you.[/b]

Just my $0.02
Umm, it's not really a "cheated" item, since considering the fact that you can buy cruel elite items from Larzuk given enough patience or luck. (Alas, I have neither) Besides, if he were a cheater, wouldn't he try using the more illegal items?

And besides, next time you see some Ith/hacked user showing off their items by dropping it and then using the pick-up hack too, turn it into a Iron Golem! Instant Justice! Of course, the ethics of some require you to unsummon it right away. :)

You can make a iron golem out of Hwain's refuge tigulated mail like said above.. The static field when struck is cool too.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
I think Archon's right on the Ith golem. BUT, destroy it the next game after you've let the Ithie flame you for five minutes. His Ith item walking around in town just rubs it in his nose.

I did post this a few days ago here in a thread before the forums changed over. :( I was trying to get it answered then too! :)

Cheated items? Moi? I usually buy them in the channels from people. Simple - you just spam "Buying Cruel Elite Weapons - socketed or not" and they come running. It depends on the quality and quantity, but I know I've probably bought a few from botters, and I don't know if they are or not, but an easy way to tell is if they have 3 or 4 Cruel swords with no sockets. Usually I can get away with buying them with a few Pgems and for really good items I will buy with 1 soj. Crazy? Well, you equip your zons with windforces for 40 sojs. I'm just equipping a golem. It's like hardcore - you or he dies, it goes away. I don't think we are allowed to spam trades here, but if we could I would say I am always buying them, look me up. It's a fun way to play and is better than making them out of Damaged Ancient Armor.

I do have a friend running around with a crappy botted 300ed Thunder Maul with 2 sockets that I have been trying for a MONTH to get him to drop. If you see him bragging on it, get your Necro out and try to convince him that the maul ain't right and needs to be a Necros best friend for a little while. I know it's botted because he told me it was.
Conner

I apologize for the unclear post. I meant that if you were using "cheated items" for iron golems all the time, then that might be considered slightly shady around these parts. But if you do decide to make them out of ITHs and whatnot, then by all means, keep doing it. :D Just remember to unsummon it later, otherwise we'll be cranky... :angry:

And no, trade spamming isn't allowed here. Although we can PM you about them since we know about it now.
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
I'm pretty sure when he said "besides cheated items" he meant he doesn't use them even though they do more damage. That's how I read it.
Oh, and a new low for Necros everywhere. Someone was selling unsocketed Godly Sacred armor in a channel, and I picked it up for the low low price of 2 sojs. 143% edef, no suffix. I probably overpaid, but I've never seen this bad of armor for sale.

Since Bobby finally died, I decided to kill the last golem (or at least let him die), and spawn this one. This one has become the best meat shield you ever saw. 20+ games and he barely gets down to 25-50% health in any cow game. He can't kill anything really, but he distracts them long enough for the Might Merc to go to work.

I wish someone had that list they were talking about of affixes Golems cannot be affected by.
Conner