Poll: Iron Golem - Best to make out of?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Cruel Collosus Blade of ?????
4.00%
1 4.00%
Cruel Glorious Axe of ?????
0%
0 0%
Cruel Giant Thresher of ???????
8.00%
2 8.00%
Cruel Berserker Axe of ????
0%
0 0%
Cruel Thunder Maul of ?????
16.00%
4 16.00%
Cruel Mythical Sword of ????
0%
0 0%
Godly (185%+) Sacred Armor of ??????
16.00%
4 16.00%
Something Else
56.00%
14 56.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Iron Golem - Best to make out of?
Ironrod is god, and should be played more *Hint hint*

Or at least in 1.10 then nebuul? Eh what do you say.
Nebuul,Mar 3 2003, 03:10 PM Wrote:STRATEGY:  Make a quadrouple immune golem (if you have, say, +20 summon skills, then you will have level 21 summon resist.  Subtract that number from 100, that is how much you need on a shield to have a golem immune to Cold, Lightning, Fire, and Poison.  ***cold piercing makes no difference to an immune creature
I remembered something awhile back about summon resists and quad-immune golems, so I dug around the old forums and found this:

Amazon Basin golem tests

Just some more food for thought.
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
I haven't played D2 a single time since WC3 came out I don't think . . . I'm pretty sure he's been deleted by now :)
I don't need the basin to test my golem :) I used him quite successfully for some time. It is a blast to tell a party of 8 people to watch while your golem marches up to "Conviction multishot lightning enchanted" monster and tear it a new hole :) Ohhh yes, the beauty!
Nebuul....have we met before? Was it your IG necro that I met in a game a long time ago (and stole the build from)? I faintly remember the necro having "ninja" in his name...
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
Probably ;)
Bah, you could always recreate him!
Do you have any idea how hard it was for me to get a wand with +3 iron golem +3 golem mastery? I just couldn't use him unless I had another one of those waiting. FYI I was the only person on all of BNET looking for a wand with those stats, so I had to shop for it myself. Took FOREVER. Unless 1.10 has some sort of super-dramatic changes, I won't go back to D2 ever :)
I usually do cow runs with Jimmy_John (yes just like the sandwich place) IG, Spirit, AD, IM, IG CE necro. I make a golem out of whatever falls so I can keep them cows away from me, and let other people kill a cow so that I can blow them all up. However, I ahven't played in about 2 months, and I wouldn't be surprised if my accounts were gone by now.
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
True, about the "Super-dramatic" changes part. But I would remake Ultra in a heartbeat, and his items are just as hard to find as yours are ;)

Besides, the wand is simple in comparison to the head. Since the benefits of shopping do not exist there.

Also keep in mind, I'd help you all the way. IronRod must be kept alive!

Edit: I am however quite worried about 1.10 breaking Ultra in some way.... I just have a gut feeling that he's a goner T.T, and if they 'fix' the quad immune 'bug' (I'm not saying it is one).. then bleh
All,

The only thing I will add to this is that while a Fire Golem makes a good tank, and there is merit to maxing golem mastery, I would never put more than 1 point in fire golem. The extra points dont do anything that would have any impact (on my play style) in hell. I would never rely on summoning the golem for doing fire damage, at least not enough to sink 20 points into.

As far as the Iron Golemancer ..... yummy! I've always wanted to make one but I never did because I was always worried about physical immunes, and I dont have the gear to get +20 to summoning :) Also, I dont think even a level 40 Bone Spirit is worth the points invested, so I never tried it.

MAN I so want to make a new necromancer, but I should wait and see what the 1.10 patch does when it comes out. If they would make the Fire Golem capable of killing in hell, that would be cool. I wish it had inferno breath and fire mastery equal to its golem level. Then it would actually be worth every point you could put in Fire Golem. It'd take that to make it worth it though.

Lewis
Lewis
aka *westcats, USWest, SC
aka *sevencats, *weirdcats, USEast, SC