Necro and bow/javazon Team?
I'm about to do an exclusive team with a friend. He's going to play a necro, and I was wondering what style of zon will best complement his necro. A Javazon? I haven't played any javazons, so I don't know which skills are good to use with his skills/summons. Or. . .A Bowazon? I'm used to playing a mild frostmaiden/immo bowazon, and I know that frosting is bad with a necro. What should I do? :unsure:
drgradus,Feb 22 2003, 11:51 AM Wrote:I'm about to do an exclusive team with a friend.  He's going to play a necro, and I was wondering what style of zon will best complement his necro.  A Javazon?  I haven't played any javazons, so I don't know which skills are good to use with his skills/summons.  Or. . .A Bowazon?  I'm used to playing a mild frostmaiden/immo bowazon, and I know that frosting is bad with a necro.  What should I do?  :unsure:
You can never go wrong with Lower Resist. Great for immo arrow and/or lightning fury.

Amp dmg works nicely with multi (to more than offset the 75% dmg of it) and strafe. Don't know if life tap works with ranged attacks.

And frostmaidens aren't necessarily bad for necros. If they're a summoner, of course it is. But if it's a cursing/poison one, they aren't going to be extremely angry.

Just another thought: if poison works when the monster is frozen (and I don't see why it shouldn't), a frostmaiden with a suped up poison necro could be fun.

Edit: forgot a word
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
Depends on your partner's playing style/necromancer type. If you're talking an AD+CE artillery necro with a couple of summons and a thorns merc, then a bowazon, javazon, or hybrid with a might merc will work quite well. Simply knock over a few targets while they're cursed with AD, then let the necro blow the rest up.

It's really quite simple.
bonewall + lightning fury + pierce works well, from what I understand.
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II