1.10 heads up
Diablo II.net had this to say (for those who haven't seen this yet)

Quote:Latest News

Sunday, February 23

Juicy v1.10 Rumor - Flux [11:28:PST]

There have been a lot of rumors flying around lately that v1.10 is nearing completion, but there are always rumors about that. Well this time it's different. We have confirmed with a source at Blizzard North that it's true. The v1.10 patch is complete and will be released as soon as the final round of QA testing checks it out.

There is no ETA, so don't get excited yet, and if more bugs are found by QA then the patch would still need work, but this is essentially a "feature lock". As a bonus tidbit, we were told that one or two skills will have new graphics. We don't know which.
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Hail WarBlade,

Nice :) Now all we need, if there is a feature lock, is for someone from Blizzard to let us know a little about what these features may be (other than what is listed at dii.net) - just a juicy bone to keep us going while we wait ;)
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
Quote:There is no ETA, so don't get excited yet,

its hard not to get excited. woo hoo common 1.10

:blink: :D
One Spark Lit the Sky on Fire
[Image: bugzap.gif]
Hi,

. . . it's hard to get excited. Hasn't 1.10 been close to ready for slightly longer than the age of Earth? QA has to get done with it. Hmm, at Buzzard that means what? A couple more centuries? ;)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Indeed. They should hire me for QA duties seeing as the nook and cranies are the places I find most appealing. A pity the downside of ferreting out bugs to the extent the I see them would be a doublling the number of bug fixes. :blink:
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Oh man, now that it's being released, I don't want it to come! Well, not yet. Once I read that, I realized in 5 seconds that I have to build another Necro, my bowazon is messed up, my mega hybridizon has been sitting at level 94 for about a month, and I need to build a new sorc for GFing. Does everyone realize that they are gonna nerf that stupid cow level and now if you are over level 75 in the next softcore era, you are as elite as it gets?

Someone, please tell Blizzard that Conner isn't ready yet, but he'll let them know when it will be okay.

On the flip side - Bring it on. I'm ready to do some MASTER crafting for the ladder chars, hit that ladder running, and bowazon my way to the top. Also, I cannot WAIT TO SEE if Blizz turns on their masterfully designed and well coded Dupe detector. If they do, I hope they give us ample warning so I can take a month vacation from playing... not that I have dupes, I remember losing a 1.08 Windforce in January 2002 that I found! And just for the hellofit, I'm gonna buy an Ith before that happens (ouch, I can hear screams).

No, hear me out. I want to see that thing disappear before my very eyes. If it doesn't, then 1.10 was not well coded. That's my personal proof it kills Iths, which it better well do. I want results, not talk from the n00bs out there who will say, "oh, my Ith disappeared" and it didn't. Either way, Bring It On, it's almost exactly 1 year overdue.
Conner

God Bless our American Troops!
A better way to pay for the War than Oil
And now I am waiting for GFraizer's official denouncement.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Quote:I'm gonna buy an Ith before that happens (ouch, I can hear screams).
The screams will be yours when they ban your CD key.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote: The screams will be yours when they ban your CD key.

Oooooooooooooooooo Good flipping point. Glad you thought of that. Forget that idea, I didn't even think about that possibility. Guess we'll have to wait and see then. :( Just do me one favor, once this 1.10 comes out, I am on vacation, until some people on this board confirm that they haven't lost anything legit. I'm not going through that again.

GFrazier's DEnouncement - lmao. That will be coming shortly.
Conner

So there's actually going to be a patch 1.10? My goodness, I thought it was but a fable. :)

I'm curious to see what changes it will bring. Not excited, but curious.

ManaCraft
And now, more of a reason to release the patch. I just cubed a legit 1000% my own cubing, PESTILENT Small Charm of ANTHRAX. 383 poison damage over 10 secs. One of the FEW that won't disappear, and more of a reason to keep my zon out of softcore games for a while.

I tell you what, I told 4 ppl tonight about this site, scrutinized their legit playing habits beforehand, and it pays to be 110% legit. God smiled upon me and gave me this charm 3 tries (rerolls) into it. 1 in 33,000+ chance (thanks Ruvanal for letting me know).

BRING ON 1.10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be one of the few with the legit charms left!
Conner

GJ on the Charm there Conner......Beats the crap outta my 330 large ;)

1.10v.......LOL HAHHAHHAHHAHHHAHHAAAHHAHHHAHHA.......

Thats all I have to say......

J
*NERDmanWhippy on Us East
Nerd, you geek you. How did you find this place?
Conner

Sure it may transfer over, but why does it matter? Your ladder characters won't be able to use, and that is the real attraction for me. A chance to play a few days like the first couple of weeks of the game release were. Well it won't be quite the same since people still know all about too much stuff, the discovery factor will never come back, but at least you will be able to trade in a barter economy and not worry about where the item came from. Of course I figure this will only last a few hours.

What I am hoping is that with ladder characters, that Blizzard keeps the ladder environment clean. Sure you can wipe it, but the better idea is to simply transfer any character or account that is found to be hacking, duping, using duped or hacked items to an open char. If they want to do that, they can go right back in the pool they already created, but the ladder can stay clean. That is what I am hoping for. The ladder provides a lot of opportunities to keep the realms clean. I don't care if my current L58 HC druid ever beats Baal now, I can build one again, and this time it might be easier since I won't be afraid to trade. I won't be forced into playing with what I find anymore, if Blizzard does a good job.

I don't doubt that hacks will appear on ladder chars, but Blizzard made a powerful new option to deal with some of it, and I hope to see warnings and info about if you are caught cheating all your chars will be removed from the ladder, we apologize in advance for any mistakes that are made in this regard, but we want to keep this portion of the realms clean. Play at your own risk. At least you wouldn't completely lose the char, you could still play them as a non ladder char.

More thoughts went through my head, but this is too early for me still. I was just thinking that anything my chars have now is irrelevant because the meat of 1.1 will be the ladder.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Gnollguy,Feb 26 2003, 03:51 AM Wrote:I don't doubt that hacks will appear on ladder chars, but Blizzard made a powerful new option to deal with some of it, and I hope to see warnings and info about if you are caught cheating all your chars will be removed from the ladder, we apologize in advance for any mistakes that are made in this regard, but we want to keep this portion of the realms clean.  Play at your own risk.  At least you wouldn't completely lose the char, you could still play them as a non ladder char.
So, the way you put it, there would be three types of realms available after 1.10: Open, closed, and the closed closed (ladder).
~NatNit~

NatAmused(LoL) - LoL Mage (26)
NaughtyNat(LoL) - LoL Rogue (12)
FuzzyNat(LEM) - Lemming (11)
NatNit - Arty Sorc (36)
NakeyNat(NM) - Naked Mage (14)
SailorNat(BNM) - Beyond Naked Mage (9)
But then, so were Guild Halls. :)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Feb 27 2003, 05:08 PM Wrote:But then, so were Guild Halls. :)
Very eloquent summation. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.