crafted items
Well I have been working on making me a good caster amulet with the crafted recipe. Now I know that the level of the amulet matters in order to get +2 to skills. I also know my character's level matters. My question is about the jewel that is used though. Does the level of it matter any? I should probably say qlvl instead of lvl, but I can't remember which kind of lvl is which so I'm just going to say lvl for now. The lvl I mean though is the one that is determined by the lvl of the monster that dropped it. So does it help to use ones found in places like hell cows so that they are lvl 90, or can ones from anywhere be used without having to worry about it? From what I have read nobody ever meantions having to worry about the lvl of the jewel and so I would assume that it doesn't matter. Would just like a little bit of verification though.
No it doesn't matter. It would only matter if you wanted to roll the jewel itself with 3 perfect gems.
Thanks for the answer. I just thought of another question though. Typically I just do cow runs to find amulets to use since half the people don't even bother to pick them up and they drop fairly often (and my pally can do cows decently himself too which helps). So my questions is what lvl amulets would chests on the cow level drop? Do they have their own lvl or is it determined purely by the character lvl of whoever opens the chest? It doesn't really matter anymore cause I am getting lazy and just gambling for the amulets. My pally is 93 so while its not always a lvl 90 amulet he should have at least 50% odds of it being one (I don't remember the formula for gambled items off hand).
The chest and hidden stashes on the hell difficulty cow level will drop ilvl=75 items.
http://forums.rpgforums.net/showthread.php...&threadid=73890

Gambling
ilvl=clvl-5+RND(10); ilvl min of 5 and ilvl max of 99.
RND(10) will give a range of 0 to 9. This means that the range of the ilvl will typically be clvl-5 to clvl+4.
Here here Ruvanal.

I saw a post once on someone trying to prove the threory of items matters. They had an amulet from Hell level and they ran trough act 1 normal collecting the pieces, and crafted one godly amulet (with screenshot). I had no reason to disbelieve them, so rest assured that crafting supplies do not matter. It's where you pick up the item.
Conner

God Bless our American Troops!
A better way to pay for the War than Oil