It Finally Happened After 2 years, 8 months
On Hardcore East, yesterday morning, just after breakfast, I was in a *blush* NM Bloody Run with my Sorceress LeeLectrolux, circa clvl 62.,.
(I won't start HC hell anymore without a jump on the Clvl Mlvl curve, absent a few team events).

A few screens south of Dac Farren, a golden ring dropped from an Enslaved, or maybe a Death Mauler: my Hydra's were busy spitting at a lot of targets, my TStorm went off, and I did not know for sure.

I picked it up, figuring that another Manaldheal would not hurt, or could be trade bait. Or maybe I got lucky and had found a RavenFrost.

I identified it.

The Stone of Jordan. I grinned, what with my whopping 25% Magic find thanks to a Rhyme Shield. " About bloody time" thought I. Here I am, with the class I am worst at, Sorceress, and she finds an SoJ. In retrospect, I suppose I would rather have had a Ravenfrost. :) But it sure was a nice little bonus, to finally have found a Stone after all this time, what with 1.10 looming and me getting probablly a few weeks of enjoyment out of it. :P Murphy, we love thee mightily. :lol:

Never got one gambled back in D II, my luck was Murphied there.

This drop incidence is the sort of rarity that the Stone of Jordan was intended to have, methinks, a once in a game playing experience.

LeeLectrolux? So named because I was possibly bnet's worst Sorceress player ever, back in the beginning days. I sucked harder than an Electrolux vacuum cleaner at Sorcereccs for the first year. My video card and my machine, as well as my dial up connection to bnet, simply made it impossible to coherently play 'shoot and move' without dying too often for there to be anything resembling fun in sorceresses for me.

The change to 600 x 800 view made it palatable to try again.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Congrats Occhi! That makes you one SOJ up on me.
Hi,

Oh, wait. That's not me, that's my dragon ;)

Congrats on a nice find. And don't worry about 1.10 eating it, we'll all be much older when that happens. :lol:

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

I've actually found 2 sojs in softcore, gambled several in D2, and not one in hardcore. But then again, I play everyday so my odds are higher. Both times I found one it was always in nightmare level - once in D2 and once in D2X. Funny thing tho, I kept every one of them I found - they are on my sorc so I could be sure I never lost them.

Amazing how such a difficult item to locate is worth 1 soj. :)
Conner

God Bless our American Troops!
A better way to pay for the War than Oil
Occhidiangela,Feb 24 2003, 11:07 AM Wrote:Murphy, we love thee mightily.  :lol:
How about that !

Not only did Murphy decide to take a break for you, but he did it when the right character was playing.

Glad to hear it actually happened for you.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

I've found countless nagels and manalds(in hell diff), at least one ravenfrost, and a wedding band, but still the SOJ eludes me...

Argh. Guess if I actually did mf runs(with a dedicated mf character), my chances would be higher, but I can't bring myself to that.

Well, good luck for finding your second one :)
Only 2 things can come from this find, one good, one bad. Either 1.10 comes out within a week, or that sorc is a dead duck within a week. I hope it's not the second one. :P
She found a Skin of the Viper Magi about two months ago, courtesy of Dac Farren and a quick mouse grab, when she was about 46, and the of course put it on her merc. :) It has since been socketed with a Ruby.

So, she is either doubly cursed, and bound to die in Hell, likely outcome, or she is the Luxiest little spaztic soceress on Battlenet.
In Memory of Pete
My only soj find was on softcore hell Shenk run with a bowzon ....
She was not a magic find bowzon but I threw a few MF thingies on her and figured I'll smack Shank down for fun. He dropped junk but one of his green frog friend guys released a gold ring :)
Yeehaw 4 u!
I started playing D2 again about 6 months ago and now have a total of about one and a half years played and as of now have found 0 (zero) stones...
BUT
My level 42 SC single player sorc found a Tal's amu in NM ice caves, level req 67 and my other sorc (lvl7x) did a players 8 hell bloody run and amidst the charred remains of a group of enslaved the words "luna" appeared in gold. The first Luna that ever dropped in any of my games. Magic find of my sorc at that time: a whopping 1%. I was beside myself with excitement for about, well, 8 seconds. I have yet to find a use for that frisbee :) A SOJ would have been a bit more useful, wanna trade? :P

Nuur
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Its amazing how we can still get pumped after so much play time. I've not found a SOJ, yet. But, every time a unique ring drops I still hold my breath. My latest, greatest find last week was a perfect 200%ed Buriza from Hell Shenk. My Zon has was using a %164 ed Nef'd Buriza already. I have been saving a Ruby(40%ed) Jewel of Lightning (1-45) for some special occasion. Now I just need to get used to having no Knockback, until I can craft some appropriate Vampirebone gloves for her.

Congrats. :)
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Hmmm, I'v never had eny good ring finds, nor ammys...

Actually I didnt have too much uniques found, alot of Naglerings whith inferior MF, and a, umm whats the name, oh, Azurewrath, I'm not good whith names...

In armors, I got lucky, very lucky, I found an Arkaine's Valor, YES, I actually found one, casually too, it was just my normal fighting barb, not even MF, it was act 5, some boss on the slopes dropped it.

I didnt use it, traded that one on open bnet for a 3 socet shadow plate, now I have Lionheart, I love runewords, and heart was of better use.....
"It burns because its burning!"
Well, you got yours on your worst character class, I got mine from one of the silliest (?) monsters in the game: a Foul Crow :lol:

Oh well, congrats on the find.
Hell Duriel dropped a green something, and as I went to grab it, I think the Druid who was playing with us picked it up and exited. I thought I saw Ornate, so with a little research last night, I realized that he had picked up the Only Griswold's Plate I have ever seen on realms.

Too bad I was so slow on the draw. :o
In Memory of Pete
I got one of those for free when I joined a game to make sure the immortal king's stone crusher I traded for was real... :P Too bad, though.
I just recently found my first and only Stone of Jordan.

I was leveling my CL/Orb sorceress in Act 5 HC Hell with a nice big party. We cleared our way through the Infernal Pit (or maybe Abaddon?), and popped open the gold chest at the end. The drop that met us was quite a shock. Four unique items - a General's Tan do Li Ga (whoopdedoo), Brainhew (double whoopdedoo), Pompeii's Wrath (:rolleyes:), and a ring. I snatched up the ring as we headed back to town to drop off the loot.

After I ID'd the ring, and picked up my jaw from the floor, I announced it. The rest of the people went BERSERK. Only one or two of us had ever found a SOJ, so we were all quite pleased :)
SUM PREEST IZ FITE
To date, I've only ever had one Stone of Jordan, gambled in 1.06. It's kind of ironic considering how easy it seems to be to obtain the better rings of the series. I've found 2 Dwarf Stars and 3 or 4 Ravenfrosts, but no more SoJs.
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Woot ! Congrats Occhi :) I guess SoJ's do exist ! :P Sorry to hear of the Gris Armor - maybe one of those will drop within arms reach again !
Stormrage :
SugarSmacks / 90 Shammy -Elemental
TaMeKaboom/ 90 Hunter - BM
TaMeOsis / 90 Paladin - Prot
TaMeAgeddon/ 85 Warlock - Demon
TaMeDazzles / 85 Mage- Frost
FrostDFlakes / 90 Rogue
TaMeOlta / 85 Druid-resto
OOOHH!!!
i want one so bad....
i also want a character past lvl 60!!! :( :( :(
What it takes is mostly playing in high player count games, so that you max out possible experience with each kill. Playing partied in each area helps. And a fast hand to the Esc key when PK's are about.

If you finish Nightmare about the low 50's, you can reach 60 by doing a bunch of Bloody Foothills runs in public games, although that can be tedious. I usually join a large public game and go to Glacial Trail, Frozen Tundra, Arreat Plateau, and a few of the little Hell Gates that open out from them, and do my own killing in the areas less travelled by the maddening crowd. The gold chests are such a lure to me, I always want to see what is in them, which is usually tripe. :o

Or, you can join Bloody Hill RUns and just take the WP down to World Stone Keep level two and kill as much on level 2 and 1 as you can until the game loses all the other players.

If you are playing SP, choose the Players 8 or Players 6 command, and your XP per kill will go up considerably. :)

Note: this method really speeds up the leveling on your merc so that he - she catches up with you.
In Memory of Pete