New old guy
I am curious to know if anyone else considers it important to kill Baal in Hell with a character using only items found or gambled for. I have been playing the game since it came out and came close to doing this, but not quite. A friend gave me a very nice bow and I completed the game using it. Other than that one item, my lev 81 amazon used only items I had picked up on the ground or from vendors.
I myself do not consider it cheating if you take an item as a gift or trade and use it. This is not about cheating, just curious to know how many others play like this.
How many of you have taken a character to a very high level using the gear you found, and I mean, found with that character, no transfer of items took place.
If you have done so, I salute you.
On another note, is this something that Blizzard expected us to do, I thought so for a long time, but I am not sure anymore. I say that because of my inability to find any of those high end weapons, after 3 years of play. How do you get them if not as a trade or gift?
First I must say Kudos. Not maybe people do that amymore. I used to. I bought Diablo 2 the day it came out. and did what you described with a SC character (only killing D in hell I might add because this was D2C) and I went right for Hardcore after doing this. Since I haven't even made it to hardcore because I do not mule. well DIdn't till about 2 months ago. I went the one way. it was so hard. especially in Hardcore. Guess I'm just not good enough. I mean someone had to right?!
One Spark Lit the Sky on Fire
[Image: bugzap.gif]