Sorc build: Tazer
I have got this char up above level 70 now. The build not only works, but is surprisingly effective in 8 player Hell Cows.

Full notes available in my post on diabloii.net forums here:

http://forums.rpgforums.net/showthread.php...threadid=151142
Great For Hell Cows.

What about for playing the game? :)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
I can do the Chaos Sanctuary in hell with one other player.

Slowly.

Because I have no area kill spell. But I suppose you could call it "rushing" :lol:
Very interesting build idea. I just have one word for you.

RESISTS.
SUM PREEST IZ FITE
Just thought I'd add another plug for energy shield. If you put one point in energy shield and and use nightsmoke belt, you will get back more mana then is used and will gain basically 15% damage reduced.

If you use nightsmoke + a 10% vulpine item you can put 2 points in energy shield and still gain back enough mana to off set the mana lost from energy shield. This is effectively give you 23% damage reduced.

After level two energy shield it is very difficult to use enough vulpine items to off set the mana cost. Of course, if you use items that add +2 to all skills this whole plan is out.
USWest Hardcore Realms
Accounts: mikedok5, mikedok6
Actually the plan is fine. My melee Sorceress uses your suggested tactic to great effect with even stronger support from Mana Steal items. With a Prayer merc on the side and some Life Steal in the mix she can basically do the Werewolf thing of tanking by leeching back faster than getting hurt unlike the more traditional melee Sorceress tactic of relying on heavily Defence to protect.

Additionally Warmth can assist in support of ES too, albeit to more of a backup or in-between-fight degree.
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War