Moving Characters
Hey...I've been around the forums for a while now and I've just registered, I don't know what took me so long. I was wondering if there was a way to transfer a character from one computer to another. I'm going off to college in August and I want to transfer my level 40 paladin to the laptop I got a few weeks ago. Any and all help will be appreciated. Thanks
[font=Arial size=3]If 'I think therefore I am' is true, then is 'I think not, therefore I am not' true?[/font]

Virginia Tech is the best damn school in the country! I'm not too sure about the cities though....
Yes there is. Open up the directory where you installed D2 (default lable is "Diablo II"). Go into the subdirectory labled "Save".

In there are all the files for the saved characters. Just grab the files relating to the character you want transferred and copy it onto a floppy disk for transfer, or a through a LAN if you have one. Then all you need to do is paste into the same directory recreacted on your laptop, after D2 is installed on it.

The map saves are superfluous and you can ignore those if you want, although you'll have to remap the terrain if you do.
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Thanks WarBlade, I was hoping it would be as simple as that, I remembered having to have some specific program for Diablo I and was hoping i wouldn't have to do any of that crap. Thanks again.
[font=Arial size=3]If 'I think therefore I am' is true, then is 'I think not, therefore I am not' true?[/font]

Virginia Tech is the best damn school in the country! I'm not too sure about the cities though....