Full inventory oddness
I don't usually come back to town until my inventory is full.

I'd started a new character on USEast (a far-too-many-skeletons necromancer) and done the Cain quest. After clicking on Cain to free him, I grabbed a bunch of salable stuff until my inventory was full, went back to town, talked to Cain to get his undying gratitude and have my stuff IDed and then visited Akara. I got the "You risked your life message", and then opened the merchant window. There was no quest ring, but that was no surprise since my inventory was full. I'd just pick it off the ground when I finished. The odd thing was I didn't hear the "ring" sound effect. And after leaving the trade screen, there was nothing on the ground. Odd I thought.

I decided I didn't like how I was building that character so I deleted and recreated him. A fresh start, though for convenience, I gave him the old character's cube. Again, I'm doing the Cain quest. I get to the tree and get the scroll. I'm running out of space so I put the scroll into my cube. It's still there when I go to town and visit Akara. She gives me the translation speech, I sell stuff and then open my cube to get out the other stuff I'm selling, and the scroll is missing. Weird. I check the quest, and it says it's time to use the scroll on the stones. But the scroll is nowhere to be found in the game. (At this point I should have tried randomly clicking stones, but instead I made a new game and got the scroll again.)

A friend has started playing again. His inventory was almost full when he did A5Q2. He only got two of the runes as a reward. Instead of falling to the ground, the third one just vanished.

These all happened in private games, so I don't think I was hit by a sneak thief.

Also, a few weeks ago, I finally was able to go through Cain's portal. In this one game, his portal stayed open - like from a portal shrine and I was able to use it.

-- CH
Hail CelticHound,

If you look in the old forums(Maggot Lair), I started a thread there regarding the full inventory problem. Apparently, having a full inventory is a problem when:

Talking to Akara after rescuing Cain(magic ring)
Talking to Alkor after doing the Golden Bird Quest(Life Potion)
Talking to Ormus after getting the Gidbinn(rare ring)
Talking to Quel-Khek after rescuing the Babas from Frigid Highlands(RalOrtTal runes)

I experienced ALL of the above on my nude assassin in the Nudes and Prudes games. I don't ever remember those things happening to me in Single Player, so it may be a Realms-only "fix"(the not dropping on the ground part) designed to prevent people with full inventories from getting "robbed"(must be after one too many complaint from idiotic whiners who didn't have the brains to collect their rewards in passworded games) Still, what pisses me off is that the quest is then listed as "complete" thus robbing you of any chance to empty your inventory and collect the reward proper. Only way to get around this is to always leave at least 3 slots open after completing any quests.

By the way, how did you enter Cain's Portal? I usually try and fail.
Quote:Also, a few weeks ago, I finally was able to go through Cain's portal. In this one game, his portal stayed open - like from a portal shrine and I was able to use it.

I've experienced this as well, once.

I've no idea how it was done, and have not bothered to try and recreate it, but it is somehow possible.
This has been a change on the realm code to counter one of the hacking/duping methods. Anytime that you are to be given an item from an NPC, you will need to have enough free space to hold that item. If not you will loose the item (it willnot drop on the ground). Amazons doing the Anya quest would potentially need to have a 2x4 space free to receive their item from her.
A better one would have been to have the character go "I can't carry anymore!" and not be given the item until they emptied out enough space for it. This "fix" was obviously not thought out fully before implementation.
Why do you say Amazons?
A plague of exploding high-fives.
Sheep,Mar 2 2003, 10:09 PM Wrote:Why do you say Amazons?
Amazons have the most options when it comes to class-specific items, and one of them is the spear class weapon. Since they take up 2x4 squares in your inventory, talking to Anya with less available space, or scattered open space, could cause the same error/bug that the others have mentioned.
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
Striker,Mar 2 2003, 11:41 PM Wrote:Amazons have the most options when it comes to class-specific items, and one of them is the spear class weapon.  Since they take up 2x4 squares in your inventory, talking to Anya with less available space, or scattered open space, could cause the same error/bug that the others have mentioned.
The bows are also 2x4.
AtomicKitKat,Feb 27 2003, 02:00 AM Wrote:Talking to Quel-Khek after rescuing the Babas from Frigid Highlands(RalOrtTal runes)

I don't ever remember those things happening to me in Single Player
Slight confirmation - If your inventory is full when you talk to Qual-Khek, then the runes will drop to the ground in SP.

Quote:By the way, how did you enter Cain's Portal? I usually try and fail.

I've tried this as well. It seems the best you can manage is to talk to Cain before he enters the portal. Incidentally, it is possible to beat Cain back to the Encampment, you just have to TP out before his TP vanishes.

I'll have to dig that screenshot out.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Ruvanal,Mar 3 2003, 04:45 AM Wrote:The bows are also 2x4.
Whoops. Forgot about those. :)

Oh, I just remembered, but the paladins would have to do the same thing since they have a chance for those 2x4 shields.
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
Striker,Mar 3 2003, 10:17 AM Wrote:Oh, I just remembered, but the paladins would have to do the same thing since they have a chance for those 2x4 shields.
And I forgot about them. I don't play paladins nearly as much as amazons though.
Nitefox,Mar 3 2003, 11:30 AM Wrote:
AtomicKitKat,Feb 27 2003, 02:00 AM Wrote:Talking to Quel-Khek after rescuing the Babas from Frigid Highlands(RalOrtTal runes)

I don't ever remember those things happening to me in Single Player
Slight confirmation - If your inventory is full when you talk to Qual-Khek, then the runes will drop to the ground in SP.

I've tried this as well. It seems the best you can manage is to talk to Cain before he enters the portal. Incidentally, it is possible to beat Cain back to the Encampment, you just have to TP out before his TP vanishes.

I'll have to dig that screenshot out.
It all works fine in Single Player. It's just the realms that are affected by this.
I had started a fairly recent thread on the inifuss scroll problem before the old forums closed. Alas now I can't figure out how to locate stuff in the in the old forums, so I can't give the URL. My sorceress finds it very frustrating. (Both the stupid tree and the forum software.)
Hello everybody,

Yesterday, on USEast, I did the Anya quest with my Amazon and I didn't have much space in my inventory (biggest was like 1x2). Anya gave her spiel about Larzuk making something for me... but, as is pointed out in this thread, I didn't get anything and nothing dropped to the ground.

So I sold her some stuff, cleared up some space and immediately talked with her again. She, again, ran through her spiel but this time I got the quest reward item. So if you know you should be getting something, you can make room in your inventory and talk to the NPC again to get the quest reward.

One other thing. I was playing an Amazon... I had been buying tons of arrows from Larzuk... so why would he think I wanted a spear? I went over to tell him off but he was busy pretending to be Mister Universe... so I left him alone.

Oh well, it was just a quest reward item. It's not not like I was expecting anything stellar.
Pu uhonua,Mar 9 2003, 08:27 AM Wrote:One other thing.  I was playing an Amazon... I had been buying tons of arrows from Larzuk... so why would he think I wanted a spear?  I went over to tell him off but he was busy pretending to be Mister Universe... so I left him alone.
Yeah, but it was Anya that ordered the spear, chew her out. Hangs out in an ice cave and the first thing she does is decide what it is that you need without consulting anybody. Sounds a lot like some managers that I have worked for in the past.