Sorc Build: Thinking....
Im thinking of building a tri-elemental sorcy but i dont know what skills to use and how many to invest

this is what i thought of:
1) Frozen Orb
2) Shiver Armor
3)Nova
4)Thunder
5)Lightning Mastery
6)and a toss up between fire wall, meteor, and hydra
(also one into teleport but only one)
For TRI-build, I prefer the following skills to be maxed.

Orb
TS
LM
FW
Fire Mastery(1)
Cold Mastery(1)
and all other pre req put 1 in it.

Set your left click to Orb and right click to FW.

You can play this sorc in any mode/act and it still rocks. This build kills boss really well, a couple static, a firewall under him and a couple orb, he is drop dead.
A day without killing Diablo is not worth living.
ouyang,Feb 28 2003, 10:09 PM Wrote:For TRI-build, I prefer the following skills to be maxed.

Orb
TS
LM
FW
Fire Mastery(1)
Cold Mastery(1)
and all other pre req put 1 in it.

Set your left click to Orb and right click to FW.

You can play this sorc in any mode/act and it still rocks. This build kills boss really well, a couple static, a firewall under him and a couple orb, he is drop dead.
Maxing out lightning mastery just for thunder storm?
Doesn't seem like its worth it, seeing that thunder storm only shines in PvP due to it require very little effort to kill people who are not dual wielding Light Sabers :unsure: .
A dangerous man is a man with nothing to lose.
TheVillageIdiot:

The max TS with max LM is always a useful skill for anti-PK. Beside, this skill kills not just PK but also monsters. If you max Nova not TS, you r required to have fast cast items and blue in order to make Nova useful.
ouyang,Feb 28 2003, 10:37 PM Wrote:TheVillageIdiot:

The max TS with max LM is always a useful skill for anti-PK. Beside, this skill kills not just PK but also monsters. If you max Nova not TS, you r required to have fast cast items and blue in order to make Nova useful.
As I said earlier, Thunder Storm does shine in PvP . But as for PvM Thunder Storm wouldn't be as effective as Nova since Thunder Storm hits a single target, while Nova(even without much faster cast rate equiqment you'll be quite fine) can hit multiple targets and do more damage overall.
BTW what is blue? :blink:
I believe he means blue pots.
TheVillageIdiot:

''(even without much faster cast rate equiqment you'll be quite fine)"

Have you ever play nake mage with max nova and LM? Without fast cast items and tons of blue, nova is not effective. Also, nova has its range. You have to get close to kill. To me, that's risky unless you are wearing nice items.

btw, blue is mana
Ah blue= mana, well from my experince with very little faster caster rate.
I'm usually fine when I use Orb+Nova Orb slow down non-immune monsters, and its pretty easy to nova them and get out of reach while they're chilled.
For Tri Elemental, I prefer Hydra over FW because it provides a standoff weapon. Here is my play with a tri elementalist.

Always have TS up, no cold armour. Frozen orb approaching monsters. As they come intoo range, switch to nova. When they are just about on top of you, retreat, casting Hydas as you run.

Rinse and Repeat! :)
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
Thanks...
i already got my OnI_MF decided but ill try the tri elemental builds on single(with useing a Helper to get the lvls and skills in) ill try different builds and see what i like... plus items
Man i need soj, occulous, and my armor back from my friend....
personally, i prefer going strict on 2 elements and letting a merc coverd the 3rd.... gogo fire rogue!