Low Level Diablo Slaying? (short)
To make a long story short, (because I have just borrowed the original Diablo from a friend and want to play it), my lvl 27 traps assasin beat Diablo, solo, only dieing maybe... twice.
Is this not unusual?
It is just me?
Unusual that you only died twice, or unusual that you actually died twice? ;)
Usualy Diablo is easier for casters than physical attackers due to his rather high level (Being level 40 already screws up your chance to hit) and his high blocking, which of course means little to a trapssin

And 27 isn't that low :P
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
And, I wouldn't be surprised at all if there are tweaked lvl 9 assasins who are capable of killing Diablo, given their ability to dish out damage at low levels is unmatched by the other classes.
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
At level 24 or 25, using Lightning Sentry and using Shadow Warrior as a decoy.

It takes a few piles of mana in the Fortress, and some patience. Tossing a Rancid Gas Pot at him now and again helps keep the damage machine working.

Did you do this in SP or MP? It usually helps to have resistance to Fire and Lightning maxed, just in case he tags you with one of his bigger attacks.

Some folks use Wake of Fire, the 12 level trap, and take him out at a lower level. Like about 20 or 18. :) it is a matter of patience, putting a decoy in front of Diablo, and keeping your mana supply up.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Yup, 27 is about right. Assuming you were on "Players1" or the Realms. That's when most of my Chars reach him if you don't do "full clears." I had a Zon once that I pretty much ran thru Acts 2 and 3 who reached, and killed D at level 22. I'm pretty sure that's my lowest. All it takes is patience, especially in SC.
Thanks for all the input!

I have just noticed that I didn't mention the word 'naked' anywhere in my post. Must have been in a hurry.

Anyway, I didn't use equipment, or minions, cause they died in the first 2 seconds. And Wake of Inferno was at lvl 3.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: I like trappers!!!
Nicely Done!

So, did you opt for Burst of Speed, or Fade, as your Assassin Aura of choice for this little battle? :wacko:

By naked, do you completely eschew the Shadow Warrior? If so, I guess Blade Fury will be handy to pump before this is all over. :)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
I use Fade, and the shadow warrior. She wasn't much help though, because every time Diablo did his fire wave thing, she died.

Actually, every time Diablo even looked at her, she died.

I think she died just from the fright of seeing him.

Now Fazel, my mercenary, was much better. He took two whole hits from Diablo before going down.
I just gave up on my merc and shadow. ;)