Feel my pain, MFing Nihlathak
Ok, I'm a Nihl MFer, I admit it. He's easiest to get to for those nice ilvl goodies, especially Small Charms which I am a huge fan of. I don't have the best of luck getting them off him, I spend hours of mindless runs through the Halls of Pain.

So I finally, after another mind numbing 8 hr all nighter of on and off running, find a SMALL CHARM (and those in the know can understand my excitement - it's Xmas), and after picking it up among the piles of gold surrounding it, TP back to town, ID it for fun, and start dreaming of my next soon to be Shocking SC of Intertia. Well, I go to finish some biz with Larzuk, and the dreaded "Can't Click to Select" thing starts happening. I start running back and forth to get the lag to catch up.

Well, I tp'd back to town, right? Bnet should have saved the game. I ID'd the charm, Bnet should have saved the game. I've seen this many a time. I decide to exit just to avoid a C/I and get the rollback. Well, I can't join any games for 5 minutes after that.

Finally, I join a game, and -poof-, charm ain't there anymore. I throw a brick through a window, wake the kids, kick the dog, nothing seems to make it come back.

My question is, and this is more of a Bnet mechanics issue, is simple (besides, how do I get my charm back?). When this happens, does anyone know a FOOLPROOF method? Is there any way to get the server caught up? Should we let it C/I on us? Are the odds better if we don't? Anyone know the best course of action in this instance? Next time I find a charm I'm exiting the game like a bot. lol

Tiredly Yours,

Conner-bot
Conner

God Bless our American Troops!
A better way to pay for the War than Oil
You hit the nail on the head right there: as soon as you get what you want, SAVE AND EXIT. Do all your ID'ing and repairing in another game (the next run?).
Ok, so is this the only known way to do it? Sounds good to me with a few reservations about doing that. I ran about 30 more runs and exited after every game. I just hate doing that because the game is usually less than 5 minutes old (sometimes longer if Nihl is stronger or extra hidden) and according to last I heard, which was a few months ago, any game less than 5 minutes results in a Realm Down (possibly). Hence, a bad exit, bam, rollback.

Any other ideas for when it does start timing out???

Conner
Conner

God Bless our American Troops!
A better way to pay for the War than Oil
When you get desynched you need to find yourself. The way i do it in town is to drop a potion, where it drops thats where you really are. You should try to find it asap. If you are not in town, make a townportal and find it.
Foolproof, i dont know but it seems to work fine :)