Nostalgia
...items like Iceblink, Heavenly Garb, and Spectral Shard were teh uber? I found a Heavenly Garb the other day. Two thoughts crossed my mind:

1) Wow! I remember when this was the best Sorc armor you could have!
2) Wow! Larzuk will buy this for 16k!

And that's the story of how I got 16k.

Life was much simpler back then...
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
Iceblink and Heavenly Garb are still useful.

I have an Iceblink sitting on a Rogue Merc played in "players 8" where her level keeps her in the zone of being able to frquently freeze targets at the point in the game where she is (Act 4 Nightmare).

Heavenly Garb was still on my old Charger in Act 5 Hell because none of his finds had topped it. He finished the game wearing a 4 socket Archon Plate that really only saw use from about the Ancients onwards.

Spectral Shard . . . well yeah. The options for that are a bit limited these days, although I could still find uses for it.

It's silly how so many items get passed off as "useless" these days, purely because they get superseded later on. Something people often fail to consider is some of the supposedly useless items are actually quite useful for a time when found early in the game.
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Hehe, I remember back when people had not yet discovered the wonders of Iceblink, and it was just "another piece of armor". My pally used one back then. I ended up giving it away to someone, seing as how it didn't have the defence needed for later difficulties.

Silly me. :D

ManaCraft
No, I'm not "one of those people" who deem items as useless if they're made obsolete in the late-game by more powerful items. I'm simply a minimalist. I usually don't twink new characters with helper items. If I can get by until I have the reqs to use my uber stuff by just using the stuff I pick up, then I'll do just that. That way I won't have to keep track of more mules. Therefore I don't have a need for such items.
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
Socket it with an Ort or an Um to make its resists improve a bit.

Fashion does count, doesn't it?
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete