What hellfire?
What is hellfire?
Where can i get Diablo Hellfire?
SDSABER
Hi,

Hellfire is an official expansion for Diablo that was made by Sierra under license from Blizzard. Getting it is probably going to be hard. You might luck out and find it in a bargain bin somewhere for five bucks. Otherwise, it shows up on e-bay every now and again.

You didn't ask, but IMHO it isn't worth tracking down, YMMV.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Hi,

Do you have that response saved in a text file or something, Pete? :) I recall you giving a near exact answer on the last forum.

And, any availabilities for Hellfire is reduced by approximately 100% if you live outside the US. From looking at US online stores, any references to Hellfire usually claim that it is out of publication and cannot be sold. Hell, Sierra no longer sells it on their site, and they did even as recently as five months ago.

Outside of the US is a different matter. You search for Hellfire and you're lucky to get a related link. Amazon.co.uk certainly doesn't carry it anymore (If it did in the first place) and it's a sure thing that even if they don't have any resellers or "momento listings" (Where a non-sale item is still available to look at) then your chances of getting it legally are slimmer than a fashion model.

Heck. I can't even remember it being sold in Electronics Boutique or Game (Then Future Zone). Between those two stores you had access to literally 100% of the games on sale in the country. They simply didn't have it, which leads me to believe that Hellfire simply was not released in the UK. I've even spent the last two years (Believe it or not) plumbing various small stores that deal with imported games (Though they will not go to the trouble of importing a game for you), and everything has come up negative.

It seems that, in many ways, Hellfire is dead. A shame that many will never get to play The Dark.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Hi,

Do you have that response saved in a text file or something, Pete? I recall you giving a near exact answer on the last forum.

Well, that might be because I got lazy, went to the old forum, copied my old reply and pasted it here :)

Hence the subject line.

--Pete

I should make a rule to read the subject lines more. It would probably help alleviate "threaded thread in linear view" problems too... :)
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
IMO, a good reason to track down and get Hellfire is to play "the Dark" mod. I just love that mod. After much searching and a few unsuccessful attempts to acquire Hellfire, I finally got it from someone on eBay. Too bad that Kali can't provide a more stable gaming environment in which to take advantage of the balanced co-op features of "The Dark." I hope they continue to try to get it right.
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Hi, Nitefox,

I haven't put them to the test to see if they can actually supply it, but a check today shows Amazon.com seeming to be claiming they can ship Hellfire within 1-2 business days (U.S.A. only, maybe). Of course, the price is pretty high ($26 or so). Even though I basically like HF, I'm not sure it's worth that much, but it depends on your budget and how much you want HF.

They also have a link to some used copies, though two of the offerings were CD only, sans manual. I'm not sure a Diablo vet needs a HF manual, but the price is pretty high for CD only ($13-14), IMHO.

The best thing is probably to just periodically check e-bay; a copy of HF should show up eventually, and low demand might yield a lower price than the above.

Regards,

Dako-ta

http://home.att.net/~dsf.glossary/
Hi,

All told they have 10 copies. Three used, one new from one source and 6 new from the other. That's up 10 from the last time I checked -- about two weeks ago. Anyone that wants a copy had better order fast. ;)

--Pete

As of about two months ago I saw multiple copies of Hellfire on the shelves of at least two local Electronics Boutiques.

This is in Canada, BTW.

I haven't checked to see if EB Canada sells online, but it might be worth a shot. Try a Google or two.

-DeeBye
Pete,Mar 5 2003, 01:12 AM Wrote:You didn't ask, but IMHO it isn't worth tracking down, YMMV.
Pete, let me chime in with the others here that Hellfire is most definitely worth it just to play "The Dark." This is THE mod for D1. I think that, and I haven't even played it. Simply because everyone I've ever talked to who HAS played it says it's the greatest thing since sliced bread (which you have to admit is pretty darn swell), and reading the website for it makes me want to play D1 again. Which I may. Soon. (Hi Dent!)

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
I just bought an unopened copy on aBay. I found it 5 hours before the auction ended, and it was going for $11.50 with a single bid. I was betting that whoever made that bid had made it a few days ago, and figured they had it won. I didn't even have an eBay account yet so I had to make one. I bid it up to $13.40, where it stayed until I won. Woohoo. Too bad I haven't been able to find in the local stores, though. I recently saw Classic Diablo at EB for only $4.99.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
Bolty,Mar 7 2003, 02:40 AM Wrote:<snip>&nbsp; Which I may.&nbsp; Soon.&nbsp; (Hi Dent!)
-Bolty
Hello to you back :)

If you want to let yourself have some pure fun you know where to find us. All others are invited too. You will not regret it and ,who knows. you might witness a revelation about Diablo gameplay. I have for sure. A thousand thanks to Zamal & Zenda for all the effort.

ArthurDent
TheDark player.
Hi,

Well, if I see any more copies in the bargin bins, I'll pick up a couple for Magi and me and the others to mail to Lurkers that need one. When I do, I'll download The Dark and see if it grabs me too. If it does, then maybe my interest in playing will come back. If so, then see y'all (I'm in Georgia ATM) online ;)

--Pete

Where can I download TheDark MOD? It's been a LONG time since I've played Diablo 1 and since I stopped playing D2, I'd love to give it a whirl.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
The Dark homepage:
www.xs4all.nl/~a3n

also: follow link from there to TheDark Forum and search for a post by Brzelius for complete installation walktrough.

and: for MP you can get Kali at www.Kali.net. It's free for a while and lifetime subs cost only $10.

hth,
ArthurDent
TheDark player
If you're interested in this sort of thing, awhile ago Big D and I threw together a few tables (JG-style) listing things like Shrines, Monsters, Spells, Items, etc. Since pretty much everything has been changed in The Dark, I thought it was a worthwhile effort.

Anyways, here is the link.

-DeeBye

edit: I forgot to mention that some of the data extracted is kinda screwy (especially concerning Unique Monsters). We just left it as is, and it's up to you to figure it out, because we were lazy and stuff.
Wait, I'm slightly confused. I found a link to the mod from the LL saying all Diabo MODs used the 1.07 patch, not the 1.09 patch, but TheDark MOD says all you have to do is instally diablo, hellfire, then TheDark. It says nothing about upgrading to patch 1.07. Should I upgrade to 1.07 or leave it alone and just install TheDark?
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
"It says nothing about upgrading to patch 1.07. Should I upgrade to 1.07 or leave it alone and just install TheDark? "

Since this is a mod for Hellfire, the version of "diablo" shouldn't have any effect on The Dark. You will need Hellfire to be at version 1.01 in order for The Dark to work though. I believe you can get a copy of that patch at www.sierra.com or diabloii.net under the hellfire multiplayer section of the site.
-Ell_man
You need not upgrade or downgrade Diablo to install Hellfire and the Dark Mod. It is only Diablo mods which mostly require the 1.07 patch.
Can i download Diablo Hellfire online? :huh:
SDSABER