How honest is Bnet?
OK, the bait. This Beautiful Charm

I spammed for 30 minutes in the channels for fun, with NO intention of TRADING it. Since this was duper's weekend, I wanted to see what kind of offers I would get. I got offers from 40 sojs to 1500 sojs to ALL THE SOJS I WANTED. I also got lots of offers for .08 bugged valors, gazes, etc. But I wanted to see how far the people in the channels would go.

The following spam was used: I have a GODLY 383 pdsc SMALL CHARM. I expect a GODLY offer for it. No .08 things or SOJS. NR=NT etc.

And this conversation came up:

Buyer: hey
Me: YO!
Buyer: How godly you need?
Me: Godly
Buyer: I have unsocketed Ith Bow
Me: That is Godly, but not what I need. I can't dupe.
Buyer: I can. How many you want for the charm?

I dropped from Bnet all together at this point. I dragged out someone who would turn my charm into an Ebay MONEYMAKER. No way.

If Blizz actually cared about dupes and hacks, I would have made a screenshot. But I decided to play this game in the period of Bnet's demise, because I wanted to know how far into that world I could creep. I hate the word Godly, but I got it. I got the ultimate in the most HATED of Bnet users, the ultimate in hack makers, the man with the clean Ith Bow. We heard of him recently, so they do exist.

Rest assured fellow Lurkers, absolutely no way will I ever allow this charm out of my possession. I will let it evaporate into account maintenance before I would give it away for ANY offer. This charm I have would become one of many over duped items, and I would never feel right ever for destroying another person's virtual reality.

But that aside, I was impressed. After telling 50 or so people to go away, I got the ultimate in godly offers. A chance to make my OWN hacked bow. I could even have asked how he duped it as part of the trade, because that person would make a fortune on Ebay with this charm. But I, as a loyal legit, turned him down and forgot his name. Not a self appreciating spam, mind you, just wanting to let you know that these people are out there.

If you are ever as fortunate as me to make this charm, I would hope that you are as responsible as I am with it. Never sell it, dangle it in front of the Ithies, and NEVER part ways with it for ANY offer. If you do, you'll destroy the Realms, even more than they have been.
Conner

God Bless our American Troops!
A better way to pay for the War than Oil
Conner Macleod,Mar 5 2003, 07:50 PM Wrote:I got the ultimate in the most HATED of Bnet users, the ultimate in hack makers, the man with the clean Ith Bow.
Hi, I've been lurking for many months now. I thought I was clued into the various acronyms and jargon, but what is a 'clean Ith Bow'. I don't understand why its considered, using your terminology, GODLY.
A clean Ith item is an item that was first socketed whith ith runes, and using hacks, removed the runes from the sockets while keeping their bonuses on the item, and voila, it is most used on rare or crafted items due to multiple adders on them.

The sockets on the item then are open for runes that are highly effective (especially Ohm, which gives 50% more damage), thus the item is considered godly...
"It burns because its burning!"
I thought an Ith bow was a former socketed bow with "Silence" runeword that then had the runes removed(but retaining MOST of the attributes gained from "Silence", sans the bonuses specific to the runes used) Something about how the item defaulted to "Ith" when that happened. And from what I heard, people didn't stick Ohm's in there, they stuck those 150% enhanced damage 30% IAS hacked/duped jewels.
Ummm, I dont remember the exact order, it should be something similar though, thats what I remember from waht I'v heard, maybe there are both ways?

There are 150% damage jewels on battle net?! GEEZ thank god I left......
"It burns because its burning!"
Thank you (nt)
Sanctuary, scared me there with Bolty's Avatar.

No, a godly, well now stupid, Clean Ith is in fact a Bow (per the Dii.net's interview with a Hacker incarnate) that was made in 1.08 out of a Silence Rune Word item, and I have no clue how it works, but they removed the runes from the item making it a clean Ith bow with the ability to socket it with whatever you want and it will still have all Silence mods (less rune improvements). That way it can be duped over and over again with no possible way of Bnet dupe scanners catching it making it an Ebay seller's raw material.

There is no way I would have known any of this stuff without the recent Hacker interview and a few other Dii.net articles.

What this guy was after was my charm so he could dupe it over and over and have a new source of income on Ebay (since he's now dead). I was really just interested in what my charm would go for in this new economy, and since I now know it's worth a $30,000 a year income (per Dii.net), I ain't selling for nothing. I hope I cube another, and another, and another.

But I thought it would be interesting to see what kind of filth I could drag out with that bait. And I found out and felt like sharing. My Bnet friends all thought I was being weird, but I like to push the envelope and mess with non-legits all the time since I look down upon them - even if they can waste my all legit zon with 1,400 poison damage on just a few charms. LOL

Cheers!
Conner

God Bless our American Troops!
A better way to pay for the War than Oil
Quote:No, a godly, well now stupid, Clean Ith is in fact a Bow (per the Dii.net's interview with a Hacker incarnate) that was made in 1.08 out of a Silence Rune Word item,

Ith items were made in 1.09, and can use any runeword (you can find Fury Ith swords, Silence Iths bows and swords, Lionheart Iths armors, Rhyme Ith shields...). The idea is that they used a hack (now patched) that allowed them to buy the runes in a runeword item, before filling the holes with duped perfect jewels or other runes. "Ith" is the default name used by the game for a runeword item without runes.

For example, your average Ith Silence item would have the following mods :
200% Enhanced Damage
20% Increased Attack Speed
+2 To All Skill Levels
All Resistances +75%
20% Faster Hit Recovery
4% Mana Stolen Per Hit
Hit Blinds Target (33)
Socketed (6)

Filling those 6 sockets with (duped) 40%ED/15%IAS (Ruby jewel of Fervor), you get an item with 440%ED and 110%IAS. With 6 Ohm runes, you get 500%ED.

Evil... Iths have been available for around a year, now.
Are Occy SOJs hacked items? i thought they were real but i could be wrong.
and about that charm how did you cube it, i want one lol!!!!
Let's see, 383 over 10 times 40. 15320 over 10 seconds = 1532 per second.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUT

If you have 75% poison resists, it is . . . back to 383 per second.

A single black antidote clears the poison, until the Guided arrow pierces you again and it starts all over again.

1532 per second with low poison resists means either

Instant Green Death or a REAL FAST TP to town to avoid dying, as poison can't kill you in town.

Buuuuuuuut

If you are being hit with a Guided Arrow, the first his starts the poison, then the reattack from GA applies the coup de grace.

NAAAAAAAAAASTY.

Did you make that charm on SC or HC? In the wrong hands in HC . . . OUCH!
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
~claps for Conner~ Well done, it is a sad statement of the current state of B.net, but I'm glad that you continue to play and don't stop like some posters I've heard of. Which means that there will be more hackers and fewer good honest players. :D
Play 7L!