Lawsuit Material?
Hi, folks!

I was playing D2X on a rainy night last week. I was in Harrogath and about to enter the portal to Nihlathak's temple, when I said to myself: "Why don't I hire a barbarian mercenary to help me?" I was clvl 30 at the time, and I looked up the list of mercenaries availabe I found a 29th lvl barbarian whose name was...WULFGAR!!!....yes the same Wulfgar, hero of the Forgotten Realms IWD trilogy.

Can they do that? Is that legal?
Wulfgar is a Nordic name, and oh by the way, was used by Rutger Hauer in the Movie "NIghthawks" where he played terrorist opposite Sly Stallone's New York cop.

I'd love to see R.A. Salvatore try to copywright a word from a language older than English. :)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
They also use Hygelac from beowulf, I'm not sure if its coincedence but much of act 5 seems to be taken from that ancient story.

-Wapptor
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true."
-- James Branch Cabell
I have a barbmerc called "lief" which means "kind" in my language. :lol:
It's Leif, not lief (I know, I've had a Leif merc) :) It's a scandic name, I know 3-4 Leif's.

Edit: although I've never met any Wulfgars...
Wretched is the man who values flag over humanity.

Monkeycid@theamazonbasin.com
I checked it now and it IS lief, now I'm certainly 100% sure. :D
I'm dutch btw :)
Sickywicky,Mar 5 2003, 11:37 AM Wrote:No really, I have lief I'm 100% sure.  :)
Why don't you go check? I will laugh if its not - considering you said it was in "your language".
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!