Got bored by the "average" builds
Just wondering of some of you guys feel the same about this I've been a sort of excentric build phase in my 3 year Diablo II classic/LoD career for about 5 months now and seeking builds who are not the average chars. I'll give a few examples which work :

A Bashbarb (yes bash)
A Fireball/static/ts sorc (it works surprisingly good)
A Iceblast/Hydra sorc (dismantled this one because many think I'm a pk while I would be called a true flowersmelling kinda guy, never pk'ed anyone without a good reason)
A Ironbarb (max ironskin+shout+defiancemerc)
I will make a leap attack barb soon.....
I might make a bowadin soon.....

I deleted my ww barb (this one started to bore me the most) and a guided/multi zon and stashed their stuff...

Okay they might not be as effective as your "average" build but the game suddenly became a lot more fun :lol:

I know someone who was maxing leap, this goes too far in my opinion coz you'll just get killed in hc, not telling him though, since he likes it a lot. :blink:
I tried an IronBarb once...I found it really tedious (though not "boring"). It was a cool new thing to try out...but playing him was really tedious.
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
He WANTS to be hit. Max Thorns, working to max Smite and then Holy Shield. His merc deals with most PIs, anything that is FI gets toasted by the various CB/Nova/Frost Nova items he's wearing. I had to do a lot of runs for resistance charms before the OKs in Act 4 Normal gave me less trouble. Unfortunately, Thorns' effectiveness goes down as player count goes up(instead of one hit killing the monsters now they must hit me twice to get killed, etc, and this means I get killed faster :( )
I also made an Ironbarb, but he didn't have a merc and I maxed Concentrate and Polearm Mastery :D. I had alot of fun with that guy. Something about standing in the middle of a gigantic mob and not caring is very liberating :P. And one point in Berserk is enough to take care of physical immunes in small numbers. Leap attack for OKs and AKs, and if things get too hairy just pop up a grim ward. I also managed to get ahold of a Stormspire too. Scythes are so cool! :D

He usually wasn't the fastest killer in any multiplayer game, but he could certainly hold his own.

--Copadope
Hi.

Until recently (say the last 6 months) my characters were ONLY strange ones. Or relatively strange. Nothing too original but I have done:

* Bow Barbarian
* Bow Paladin
* Fireball / Charged Bolt Sorceress (not too unique but mucho fun)
* Vita Sorc (base energy, Max Blaze, TS, FM, LM, all points in vit other than a wee bit in str)
* Dagger Only (or any 1H) Amazon, Passives Only
* Bow Assassin
* Minionless Necro (all BS, CE, Dim V, and Bone Wall) .. he did have a Rogue Merc tho. If I did it again, I would go with Bone Prison maxed to see which compliments it better.
* Curse-Only Necromancer ... no P&B and no Summons (screwed on act bosses most of the time, had to party up for those fights)
* Summons Only Druid (not that uncommon)
* Elemental Only Druid (not that uncommon)
* Leap Attack Barb (not that uncommon)
* Throwing Barb (back when almost nobody did it)
* Mage Paladin (Blessed Hammer 20, Conviction 20, FoH 20, Concentration 20, build stats just like a sorceress)
* Stun Barb (anything that relates to stun ... Stun, War Cry, and Berzerk because it *sorta* stuns you ... I threw in a little Grim Ward too, and used 1H maces)

Only recently have I been playing more "conventional" builds. Weird builds are hella fun tho.

Lewis
Lewis
aka *westcats, USWest, SC
aka *sevencats, *weirdcats, USEast, SC
Quote:* Summons Only Druid (not that uncommon)

I sure hope that "uncommon" part doesn't apply to my summon build I created in 1.08. (mine isn't summoner only however, but he does diss out his damage by summoning only means.. and merc)
Sickywicky,Mar 8 2003, 12:14 AM Wrote:Just wondering of some of you guys feel the same about this I've been a sort of excentric build phase in my 3 year Diablo II classic/LoD career for about 5 months now and seeking builds who are not the average chars.
Actually you'll find that most of the Loungers have played a variety of unusual builds and the other posters in this thread have given a few examples.

I'll add a few too eh?

- Huntsman (later popularized as "Hunter" ) - A Summons only archery Druid.

- Rackman, A redistributer of pain that I cooked up on one of my Paladins - Thorns, Sacrifice and Prayer with plenty of leeching and Vulpine items.

- Lamar_Latrell - Javelin Paladin named after Lamar Latrell in Revengence of the Nerds, because the same actor does the voice for the Paladin in D2. Holy Shock, Concentration, Sanctuary and one point in Salvation (because it looks pretty)

- Vintner_Kane - He's my axe wielding Vine Summoner Druid who only wears the geekiest bird flavoured druid hats.

- Sigvar_Alcorsson - Is my Barbarian alchemist.

- Bowbarian - Pretty self explanatory really.

- Backstab - My dagger Paladin

etc. I have dozens.
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Well here's mine for you

summoning ONLY necromancer(my guy himself killed 2 monsters through all of normal)

Shadow skills only assassing

Elemental druid

fighting sorc(roar!)

Bowzon that only used passive and magic skills

Dagger/Bow barbarian

Mercenary groupy palladin(followed mercenary around and converted people)

Simteading(i shall bash you with my shield)

I play single player hardcore mostly... most of the above are dead(suckers)