Hello, my name is Aylomein
Recently, I find my assassin being all too attached to Wake of Fire.

And please, don't take me lightly. I crutch WOF to the extreme.
Let's say I'm doing a bloody run. I'll pile through there using ten or fifteen super mana potions just WOFing left and right.

My question is, is this .... okay? Or is it a weakness of mine that I can't seem to use any other skill than WOF? Or is it okay? It's unbelievable how useful this skill really is.
Yes it's ok, you can use whatever skills that you want. But making a "one trick pony" generally leads to a characters downfall once it finds something that is not susceptable to its one attack. A fire immune would obviously be your downfall and they are quite abundant in hell difficulty (hell itself too). There is nothing wrong with wake of fire, however I'd suggest another skill for situations where it isnt so great. Possibly a martial art or one of the other traps, whichever you prefer. Or if you care to PvP, combine it with mind blast and stun lock your opponent! :ph34r:

-Wapptor
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true."
-- James Branch Cabell
Hi SylentWren

Yes, it's great how WoF makes those pretty overlapping flashing chevron patterns (I mean, who can say no to an overlapping flashing chevron?). And it raps out the damage, unlike WoI, LS and DS, which wheeze and puff their way to shooting out one attack per second.

I don't know if you're seriously enquiring about it's late-game viability, but I found that it was OK in low-player-count Hell games. Although the damage per hit is low, and you only get five attacks per trap, the speed at which it delivers the attacks can make it work, provided you drop the traps so as to concentrate the damage on a single group of targets, and have the mana to keep dropping the things (it's not mana-efficient).

I used it with LS and DS in a pure trapper build. I'd intended to go for WoI but like you I got addicted to WoF between levels 12 and 24. I think WoI is more effective but WoF is more fun.
- Cartimandua