Frenzy-Taurs Versus Cold
I'd always thought frenzy-taurs were un-freezable(heck, not even chillable) based on my experience with my MA-sin some time back(PS 3rd strike froze everything except them), yet I found that my brother's Ice merc froze them solid with GS/IB Am I missing something here? Or are they completely immune to cold only in NM/Hell?
Which type of Blood Lord were you and he fighting? All five of them have a different amount that they will be slowed by cold effects.

Moon Lord 50%
Night Lord 40%
Blood Lord 30%
Hell Lord 20%
Death Lord 0% <- these are the ones that are always immune to being frozen but cold damage will still effect them.

The Hell Lords in hell difficulty have 100% cold resistance, which will make them immune to the cold damage and freezing effect in hell difficulty.
Ahh, thanks for explaining. I guess the Death Lords only appear in WSK right? So do all of them gain immunity to cold in Hell? Or only the last 2(Hell and Death)?
In the Crystalline Passage and Ancient'sway in Hell, the Moon Lord's are Fire Immune and susceptible to Holy Freeze. They also are influenced by cold damage. The resistance and Immunity that Ruvanal outlined does not equate to a global cold immunity in Hell Diff for the entire class of monsters. That is why he broke it down to cases.

IIRC, the Hell Lords are 100% cold Immune in Hell, but HF still slows them, while the Death Lords are both immune to HF and Cold slowing. I will have to look at that next time I play a Hell Diff char with a HF merc.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
And here I thought NOTHING was immune to HF... After all, not being frozen can be explained away as cold immunity or a "cannot be frozen" item/stat, but immune to HF, that's a new one...
Death Lords also appear in Infernal Pit (or it's Pit of Achron). Here they also spawn as bosses unlike WS. If you are looking for a hard monster to fight go here because just about any mod on them except holy fire makes them rather deadly. :)
Mind Blast

That is about all that I can think of that slows them down.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Don't forget Decrepify and especially Shock Wave.
A plague of exploding high-fives.
So who wants to slow them down? :) Throw a fire golem in their path, cast IM, and watch 'em drop. They make the most awesome revives in the game. The faster and more wound up they are, the better.
cheezz
"I believe in karma. That means I can do bad things to people all day long and I assume they deserve it."-Dogbert

"The truth is always greater that the words we use to describe it."

[Image: fun.jpg]