Cows
Do you guys thing the cow levels are cheap. bacause they just give you a hole bunch of exp. really fast and i think thats cheating. i think you should stick to the quests ( but the is one exception to thins is you get all the quests done you can go to the cow)

:)
The cow level isnt a cheat at all, if blizzard made it, they must have did countless efforts of thinking and balancing it, what the rushers/frenzies/and other people who dont want to enjoy the game do is just cow runs...

Cow runs may seem like a cheat to you, but cow level as a bonus isnt a cheat at all, what Bnet is doing make it seem like a cheat, or at least an abuse of a good, and humorous bonus.......
"It burns because its burning!"
I see your Piont (i admit i do go in to cow levels) i just wanted to no if any one agreed with me on i see your piont and i agree with you Thank You
I consider the cow lvl like a quest... you do it once then since the king is dead you cant do it again
AHAHAHAHAHA! Just like Blizzard put a lot of thought into the Buriza-Do Kyanon? They didn't put nearly enough time into balancing a heck of a lot of things in Diablo II. :)
-TheDragoon
TheDragoon,Mar 9 2003, 09:34 PM Wrote:AHAHAHAHAHA!  Just like Blizzard put a lot of thought into the Buriza-Do Kyanon?  They didn't put nearly enough time into balancing a heck of a lot of things in Diablo II.  :)
Bahahahahaha!

Too true, TD, too true.
SUM PREEST IZ FITE
Same thing whith the buriza, it is balanced and should rarely drop, but who do you think made it unbalanced? frenzied Bnet MFers/dupers/Ebay favourite customers, or blizzard?

I tend to think that Bnet consumed itself rather than blizzard doing a bad job, D2 and LOD are great beautifull and balanced games, it is the way you, and others play it which affects your opinion......
Actually the Buriza drops way too easily. It deals out the damage and has abilities comparable to the elite unique weapons in Diablo II. However, for some reason it is an exceptional unique and so anyone and everyone can get their hands on one if they so desire with very little effort (compared to the elite uniques). Now, if Blizzard wants to make the elite uniques all-powerful, more power to them, but by making the Buriza an exceptional unique with the powers of an elite, it has been set down as completely out of balance with the rest of the game.
-TheDragoon
Hmm, you have a point there, though I never had a buriza drop for me, or seen one drop, I've seen countless ones which I suspect are dupes, thats why I dont know exactly...

But the fact that its still an exceptional item and such a low level requierment does make it unbalanced...... but not unbelievably unbalanced.....
When I think of Buriza, I always think back long ago when people were working so hard to figure out what bow was the best weapon for an Amazon. They usually compared the following:

Windforce
Eaglehorn
M'avina's Caster
Lycander's Aim
Buriza-Do Kyanon

Usually, if I'm not mistaken, the results would often show that Windforce was the best, followed closely by M'avina's Caster and Buriza-Do Kyanon, followed by Eaglehorn and Lycander's Aim bringing up the rear, quite a ways behind the others. Just the fact that the Buriza gets compared to such rare items (2 Elite, normal bows, an elite class-specific bow and an exceptional class-specific bow), and would often beat many of them out by quite a bit, served to remind me of just how over-powered it is. The fact that it has a low level requirement and low statistic requirements just adds to the problem.

For another example, check out how Buriza stacks up against the biggest weapons in the game for Wereforms. It generally does comparable damage to the Immortal King's Stonecrusher and more damage than Hellslayer or Cranium Basher. The only things that can beat it out (talking about unique/set items here) are Stormspire and Messerschmidt's Reaver.

Once again, these other listed items are ALL elite uniques, several of them among the rarest items in the game. And they're being compared to the Buriza-Do Kyanon? A lowly exceptional unique (not even class-specific or anything! This thing is really not THAT hard to find). Again, I say, Buriza would be much more balanced if it were found on Colossus Crossbows rather than Ballistas (since the requirements would be MUCH higher and most of the damage from Buriza comes from the +Damage/Level rather than being based off of the crossbow's base damage).
-TheDragoon
Mavina's Caster? One of the best bows? How Bizzare. :P
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
I'm not a huge Amazon fan, I might be remembering incorrectly. :) But the point remains the same.. Buriza definitely compares to much more rare weapons (primarily elite weapons).
-TheDragoon
I had not idea that the buriza deals that much damage, exceeding hellslayer is truly unbalanced for an exceptional Xbow...

But the main modifier that I feel is unbalanced is not the damage, but the pierce ability, lvl 1 guided arrow would cream enything whith this......
Buriza exeeds hellslayer in damage!!! i thought hellslayer gave like +4.5 a lvl!!!

Lol buriza is common...i've found it in single player!(on a druid who has had exeedingly good luck with bows)

Druids bows:Stormstrike,Purple exeptional bow(exploding arrow one), goldstrike arch, buriza

Only good weapon he's gotten for himself is ribcracker...
Yes, Hellslayer has a higher damage listed on the weapon. However, Buriza is roughly twice as fast. :lol:
-TheDragoon
LOLOLOL
1) The HellSlayer is faster when in the hands of a (fury)werewolf.
2)diablo's death is my brother!!
Hi Jake!!!
Quote:LOLOLOL
1) The HellSlayer is faster when in the hands of a (fury)werewolf.

Have you tried both Buriza and Hellslayer on a fury WW?

If you have, than you must have noticed that they are nearly equal in damage over time, due the the Buriza's much faster attack rate(even with fury, hellslayer is realtively slow). The Buriza holds the title of usefulness mainly because of it's fast attack rate, which allows much faster reaction time to changing conditions around you. Also its fast attack rate makes it much more useful in dealing with phys immunes; it applies its high cold damage much more often than hellslayer applies its fire damage.

But the real issue here is not which is better, it's the fact that the Buriza is even comparable to hellslayer in damage over time, when Hellslayer is so much harder to find/use. I've used a Buriza on a WW though 8 player hell baal runs, and while slow vs the superunique leaders, it certainly is much better than *any* exceptional unique melee weapon.
Here, I'll throw some numbers your way to show you why Buriza will do roughly the same damage as Hellslayer even in the hands of a Werewolf (Buriza wins, hands down, on a Werebear):

Shaeled Buriza-Do Kyanon
Damage = 85-102 To 142.5-415.5 + 32-196 Cold Damage
Standard Attack
Animation Length = 8
Damage/Frame = 10.62-12.75 to 17.81-51.94 + 4-24.5 Cold Damage
Average = 14.22-32.34 + 14.25 Cold Damage
Fury Attack
Animation Length = 28
Damage/Frame = 14.18-18.21 to 25.45-74.20 + 5.7-35 Cold Damage
Average = 20.31-46.20

Shaeled Hellslayer
Damage = 100 to 280-685 + 150-250 Fire Damage
Standard Attack
Animation Length = 12
Damage/Frame = 8.33 to 23.33-57.08 + 12.5-20.83 Fire
Average = 15.83-32.71
Fury Attack
Animation Length = 40
Damage/Frame = 12.5 to 35-85.62 + 18.75-31.25 Fire
Average = 23.75-49.06

You will notice that the elemental damage over time is nearly identical (though different ranges) between the weapons and the average damage over time is, as well. However, given that the Buriza attacks with an 8/5/5/5/5 Fury and requires only a slvl 3ish Werewolf to reach this speed compared to the 12/7/7/7/7 Fury of Hellslayer (which requires a nice slvl 20ish Werewolf to reach this speed) as well as the freezing effect of Buriza, I usually recommend that people who have to choose between the two weapons, choose the Buriza as it is:

1) Roughly the same damage output
2) More effective (because the freezing stops the monsters and results in a nice defensive feature that Werewolves usually don't have)
3) A LOT faster (and so more fun, in my book)

That being said, my point that this exceptional weapon (Buriza) is very much comparable to the elites (Hellslayer, Immortal King's Stone Crusher, Cranium Basher) most definitely holds. :)
-TheDragoon
Post removed due to inane and offensive content.

-Bolty
Hail Bolty/Gris,

This thread is going to hell: it has reached new lows of stupidity. Please, save us all from a declining IQ. I shall make the usual sacrifice of a newborn lamb should you come down from ahigh to rescue from this new plague. I beseech you: save us all!
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.