anya quest reward question
does anyone know about anya's class specific reward? if your inventory is full in a solo game does the item drop on the ground? the reason i ask: i had a javazon i was playing with a friend. we finished the quest, and my inventory was near-full. when i clicked on anya to get my lame bow, spear or pike, nothing dropped. then the exclaimation mark reappeared over her head, resetting the quest. thinking that it wouldn't drop the item on the ground in a public game, i then tailored my inventory so only a javelin would fit (3x1). joining many games and visiting anya, i got the same thing: reset quest. finally it worked! i got a matriarchal javelin. does anyone know the deeper mechanics of this phenomenon?
negator,Mar 9 2003, 10:42 PM Wrote:does anyone know about anya's class specific reward?  if your inventory is full in a solo game does the item drop on the ground?
Other full inventory problems

Don't know why it reset though. Probably better to ask in the Maggot Lair.

Edit: I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T! I mean S-M-A-R-T! (AKA typos) :)
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
Don't know the actual mechanics, but I do know that when you approach her in a private game with a full inventory, it will drop to the ground. In publics, it will always reset quest. I think the reasoning there is that Blizz wanted you to get your reward without the possibility of someone else picking up your item.

Just my idea.
Conner

God Bless our American Troops!
A better way to pay for the War than Oil
For the resist scroll and the class-specific reward, yet they couldn't be bothered to implement it for Atma/Ormus/Alkor/Qual-Khek? What the hell.
*Shrugs* That's Blizzard for you.

Incidentally, is there any way you can "fix" what item you get as a reward from Anya? Now, with every other class this is irrellevant (Unless you hate the look of Falcon Masks, like the one my Druid got...), but I've just started on a Bowazon... Five different class-specific base items, two-in-five chance of getting an item I'll use. Yeesh.

Still, could be worse. I could be playing a Javazon. (1/5 chance for a Matriarchal Javalin) Or maybe not... (3/5 chance for an item that utilizes Spear and Javelin skills)
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
well, as i stated at the end of my post, i was able to tailor my inventory to exploit this "bug" and after many tries i got my javelins (pretty good ones, too!). but for a bow you are truly gambling. that would be great if the prog would "read" your character to give you a more appropriate item.
On a related note if your inventory is full when you talk to Akara after rescuing Cain you get squat. Doesnt drop to the ground, doesnt reset, you just get nada. This has happened to me three times. Yes i am a slow learner, and i carry too many charms. Akara's rings are always crap anyway.