Baal, Lord of the Cheese?
Cybit,Apr 6 2003, 06:59 PM Wrote:Took out my 2000 life Salvation toting paladin in one shot, eek.
You made a Salvation toting Paladin? :blink: And ran Salvation when tackling Baal? :blink: "Eek" is right! :blink:

Quote:Then I got conviction so it was -400% all resistances.  One static field later, Baal was dead :D

um, -100% Elemental Resistances maybe (Fire, Cold and Lightning only). That's a far cry from "-400% all resistances". :huh:
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Oddly enough, my pacifist necromancer had the most trouble with Mephisto. normal Diablo was hard the first time because I just couldn't keep my army alive long enough to clear Chaos Sanctuary but in normal and nightmare he died pretty easily once I actually got to him. Nightmare Mephisto, however, could two shot me and took out my entire army in one shot, then refused to focus on my golem while I IMed him.

Still, try doing Nightmare Baal using only clay golem and IM, and with no TPs. Horribly slow, absolutely terrifying fight that was :)
It could be more than -100%, when you factor in hell difficulty. :P
Not when the minimum cap is -100% ;)
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Hmm. I must just be used to some mod or another where you start out in hell with -400% resist. :) (It's hard...)
I think I recall how Static and Conviction simply ripped Baal and Diablo to nothing in two strokes, and how Conviction, at least in one of the early beta versions, was well beyond 100%, as in around 140%. Again, I only got half way through the beta before RL took me out.

My fave beta moment was while the Duriel 'one hit kills him bug' was in action. A bunch of us walked in and wasted him with one hit. LOL. PAYBACK, you big slug, for all those early deaths thanks to video lag in 1.02.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete