MPQ Files?
I always hear about you guys looking into the MPQ files. Where can i get an program to view such files?

Thanks!
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Hail Archon Wing,

Ask and thou shalt recieve...

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~phrozenkeep/site/
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
A question occurs to me . . .

I assume that the current MPQ viewing software will remain unchanged subsequent to 1.10, but with so many changes going into the structuring of the game code, I wonder if that assumption is correct . . .

Is it possible that current MPQ viewers will need to be updated after 1.10?
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Hail WarBlade,

I'd imagine we would be able to still use the same base program, but simply have to update our datafiles as we did with the release of LoD. After all, it's the contents that are changing, not the file format (or at least, I've not heard that the file format is changing - I cannot see why anyone would make extra work like that for themselves... at least not without good reason).
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
Elric of Grans,Mar 18 2003, 06:45 PM Wrote:I'd imagine we would be able to still use the same base program, but simply have to update our datafiles as we did with the release of LoD.
And that would be the case if you are using a program that requires an externally loaded datafile. I have been using the same copy of CV5 since around version 1.05 (iirc). The only update that I have needed for it is the plug-in that lets me open up the animation files.