Is there a time any of you lurkers...
I am currently playing this game every free night I have from 7-to-whenever I get too tired (except Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday nights), but most of the time, no one is playing.

The game is SUPER fun solo, however, I am having an exceptional amount of difficulty on level 3. I respawned the game multiple times and its still very, very difficult, even at level 9. Please do NOT misunderstand me... the difficulty makes it funner than anything I would of ever dreamed, about 100x more fun than I had at Diablo 2, but I need help with some of the monsters ;) It would be nice to get a group that met, even twice a week, to play the MOD. Tell me if your interested below.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
I'll help you, meet in diablo retail X and we can play, my name is !!SaLtMaN!! or SaLtMaNjR

By the way to everyone who think I'm "trolling" I am a new member and I scanned through the posts to see what interested me, I'm just giving my output on stuff I like to talk about, what other reason is there to post - really?
Someday I'm going to try it. I have a copy of it donated by a friend, but I lack the time to get into it.

I'll be sure to post around though when I'm starting out, so you Dark players can indoctrinate my newbie self and laugh as I get killed left and right. :)

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Hi all,

I've been playing this for the last couple of weeks, it's quite nice as well.
I have tried logging onto Kali to play a game too, only saw about 2 games of the 10 times I logged on, and they were passworded or in hell so I couldn't get in.

My character is currently lvl 21 or 22? Can't remember off the top of my head. The expansion levels are super difficult.
!!SaLtMaN!!,Mar 3 Wrote:I'll help you, meet in diablo retail X and we can play, my name is !!SaLtMaN!! or SaLtMaNjR
One cannot play Hellfire: The Dark over battle.net. gaidensensei is referring to a service called Kali which creates a virtual LAN and users can set up various games over it.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
Yes, I should of mentioned that I play on Kali and that my character is currently level 10. Also, I must mention that when I said 7-12 pm, that is California time. Sorry for not mentioning this eariler.

I just got a friend over to "THE DARK" side :D and he's playing with me now at the times I mentioned. I'm trying to get another friend also, but thers always room for more. This MOD definatly requires 3-4 people! Oh man, trust me. So much fun :lol:
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
From my experience having 4 persons in a Kali game can lead to some serious lag and I wouldn't actually recommend it. Doesn't hurt to try? *shrug*

Not entirely sure about how things are on Kali atm, but a little over half a year ago, when I used to play it quite often(until the char loss of course :unsure: )people used to limit games to 3 or even 2 persons.

And on the other side Thenryb, one of the most experienced The Dark players used to say "I like to play solo when I want to" (something along these lines), the point being that most classes cannot handle later areas/difficulties solo in The Dark.

So 3 player games are probably the best, I personally almost exclusively played 2 player games due to lack of people in my time zone tho. The Nm/abyss clear with Thenrybs barbarian is probably one of the three best games I've ever had during my time at Diablo :)

ps. sorry if any of this has changed since I've been gone. But I promise to be back here starting mid-June, very likely TD too ;)
-Cytrex
I agree with Cytrex-I would limit players to 3 because of lag and desync issues on Kali. Multiple players of the same class are not generally a good idea. This is particularly true with Barbarians. Melee friendly hit is a feature of the Dark. Thus, if you have two or three barbarians in the same game, it will be very difficult for them not to hit one another inadvertently, and a high level Barbarian is a one-hit killer. The 4 warrior hell/hell clears often popular in Diablo are not suited for the Dark. On the other hand, multiple rogue games with experienced players seems to work fine. Frankly, I think the best game is a two player game with one melee character and one shooter. A three person game with one shooter and two melee characters also works fine, particularly if one of the melee characters is a warrior or monk who has a chance of blocking an inadvertent friendly hit from a barbarian. Friendly hit can usually be avoided if the Barbarian aims "behind" the monster instead of "at" the monster and is generally not a factor in most areas of the game. In hell/abyss it is most likely to present a problem unless characters carefully coop and move SLOWLY. Experience is shared so there is no reason to "hog" kills to get "tags" as long as you are on the same level. Some levels are melee and some are mostly ranged. If you are a barbarian cooping with a rogue on a ranged level. let her take the laboring oar and use restraint. Vice versa if you are a rogue on a melee level.

Cytrex is also correct when he says that no single character can comfortably solo Hell/abyss. The exception to this is a mage who uses Doom Serpents and elemental, both of which are "bugged" and do far more damage than intended. These spells (particularly doom serpents) are those which courteous mages do not use in coop.
Hail to all lurkers,
although Thenry put it all very well in his excellent post, allow me to stress the importance of playing slow. In the long run, quality always wins over quantity. I can firmly say that I have more fun in playing one or two rooms in TheDark than playing a whole level in Classic Diablo or even a whole Act in D2/LOD. TheDark gives the missing edge to Classic Diablo so that it becomes the nearest to perfection on-line MP game there is. Taking all the good things from Classic Diablo, adding the enhanced material from Hellfire and provifding for some of the good qualities of D2 (running and regeneration for instance) while spicing it all up with a most generous dosage of balanced gameplay out there, TheDark results in a Masterpiece of a game. While powerplay or item hunting might seem as fun for a while, remember that people focus on them because they have not tasted the -by far- better alternative: the strategically intense and balanced MP gameplay that TheDark has to offer. As one delves into the -truly- scary depths of TheDark one shall start to slow down his pace and shall find himself contemplating the geography of the dungeons while improvising cross-player tactics in order to stay alive and keep his team mates in good health, since the fall of one player might easily lead to the quick demise of the whole group. Take a deep breath, store away all your other games, put on your headphones and prepare for the ominous perils that lie beneath. If you actually are "a soul in search of answers" rest assured that you shall find them in the deepest recesses of Hell difficulty. There, behind a sealed door, lies the place where heroes are born.

ArthurDent,
TheDark player.